• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Suggestions for things to do in A Coruña?

Time of past OR future Camino
CP 2022
Hello, we’re flying out of La Coruña next week (27/4) after completing our Camino on Sunday. I’d love suggestions as to what to do with a day or two while there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
A Coruña is a great place to spend time after your Camino.

There's the wonderful Paseo Marítimo, the Tower of Hercules lighthouse, a spherical glass elevator, beautiful beaches, amazing tapas bars and much more!

Ditto, along with a seafaring museum near the docks and if you are lucky a large concert venue that books some of the top acts traveling around Europe.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello, we’re flying out of La Coruña next week (27/4) after completing our Camino on Sunday. I’d love suggestions as to what to do with a day or two while there.
Thanks for this question. We have 4 days in SdC beg May (assuming we get there!) and we're thinking of going to A Coruna for a day. Are you getting there by train or bus? I fancied getting the train - I like trains! Looking forward to hearing where you go if you get chance to post.

Thanks for this question. We have 4 days in SdC beg May (assuming we get there!) and we're thinking of going to A Coruna for a day. Are you getting there by train or bus? I fancied getting the train - I like trains! Looking forward to hearing where you go if you get chance to post.
We took the train to A Coruña direct from SdC. It's a scenic, comfortable ride and we returned in the evening. Made a nice day trip. Like trecile, I highly recommend the Tower of Hercules (Roman lighthouse).

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I spent a few hours at the aquarium in A Coruña and enjoyed it very much. You might enjoy it too.

Part of it is below sea level in a somewhat darkened inside-out aquarium: the people are on the inside of the aquarium and the sea and sea life is on the outside.

So fun! Favorite places and activities in A Coruña are:

- Pandelino cafe for breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, or coffee - it's a beautiful, large cafe and has a varied menu

- Walking the Paseo Maritimo. If you can get all the way to the octopus sculpture and the "window to the Atlantic sculpture", they are very scenic spots. (The Torre de Hercules lighthouse is at one point of the Paseo Maritimo, and the window rock is all the way on the other!) But the entire Paseo Maritimo is beautiful.

- La Pepita restaurant for great burgers, salads, and fries

- Malte restaurant

- Going up the glass elevator ball (which is near the octopus and window rock) to Monte de San Pedro park for some fantastic views

But really, you can't go wrong. La Coruña is gorgeous! Enjoy!

Last edited:
We took the train to A Coruña direct from SdC. It's a scenic, comfortable ride and we returned in the evening. Made a nice day trip. Like trecile, I highly recommend the Tower of Hercules (Roman lighthouse).
Thanks Ken. That's what we were hoping. By the way, I have both your books on my kindle and enjoyed them very much. We are only doing the last 100km of the Portugues this time including Spiritual Variant but hoping to return another year and spend more time in Portugual. We are definitely slow walkers and this is going to be a challenge! Flying to Porto this Friday and spending the first 2 nights in Tui. Unfortunately rain is forecast but we're prepared!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thanks Ken. That's what we were hoping. By the way, I have both your books on my kindle and enjoyed them very much. We are only doing the last 100km of the Portugues this time including Spiritual Variant but hoping to return another year and spend more time in Portugual. We are definitely slow walkers and this is going to be a challenge! Flying to Porto this Friday and spending the first 2 nights in Tui. Unfortunately rain is forecast but we're prepared!
Thanks for your kind comments Zennor. I just looked at my Weather Channel app and see what you are facing, rain-wise. We're looking at a similar forecast way down here in the Algarve so this front must be large. Still, things can change for the better so best of luck to you on your Camino!

Hi, I spent one day there and really enjoyed the tower of Hercules, the aquarium, and wandering around the old town. Enjoy!

Great recovery destination.. We also travelled by train after our Leon-SdC in 2018 and spent 3 nights. As well as all that has been mentioned, the fruit & vegetable markets, parks and gardens and Picaso's childhood home all worth a visit. We loved it.Enjoy.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there. I’m thinking of spending around five to seven days walking the Ingles, and would be interested in getting some input. I’ve walked the Portuges from Porto to Santiago, before continuing...
So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Howdy folks I am looking forward to doing the St. James Way in England and considering continuing on with the es Camino INGLES. Can anyone share suggestion or have experience with transportation...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back