• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Suggestions

Lar

Time of past OR future Camino
Hey all,

Finished my first Camino (Portuguese coastal route) week and a bit ago and it was the best experience of my life after a few tough days at the start. Since I came back I can't stop thinking about my next Camino and possible routes. I have some holidays left between now and December and considering going in November for 10 days or so. Any suggestions on routes I could take. 200k would be my max. I know it's probably impossible but I would love a little bit of sun as well if people taught it was possible

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Almería to Granada on the camino mozárabe is pretty wonderful, roughly 200km, 9 days. Not a drop of rain fell on me when I did it last October. Some fabulous landscapes, with the snowy peaks of the Sierra Nevada as a backdrop, friendly people, delicious food, not bad wine, several excellent albergues, including one in a 16th century "palacete", several bits of interesting moorish architecture, culminating in the glories of the Alhambra.

I would second that Alan.
Might I suggest, gps on phone or tablet ( I used Wikiloc) phone the next days Albergue to let them know you are on the route, maintain your trail fitness till departure as it's a tough Camino, download the guides from the resource section of this forum, internet search..."amigos de Camino Santiago... Almeria, Jain, Malaga and Granada," get your ticket for the Alhambra in advance via its internet site, and finally have a good time!
Regards
George

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I think Mozarabe is not a camino I would recommend to a newcomer. In particular if not familiar with the spanish language. Many arrangements need praior phone calls and the weather in October November may be risky.
Buen Camino
Brandy

Hi Brandy.
Not sure I agree with you, historical weather for Almeria in November, 24mm of rain over 6 days i.e. 4 mm per day, 20 degrees average daytime temperature, 10 hrs of sunshine per day, sounds ok to me.
I walked this route in April this year and found it to be well marked.
There should be sufficient time between now and November to learn enough basic Spanish to get by.
Plus Lar has just finished a Camino so will be capable I'm sure to complete the journey to Granada.
Regards
George

Hy George
Maybe you are right. I was trying to remember how I was after my first camino and the experience I had on the Mozarabe de Almeria and assumed that it was a good idea to have 3 more caminos in between.
I would like to know what Lar thinks about.
Buen Camino
Brandy

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back