• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Summary of the Caminho do Tejo (Lisbon - Fatima)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodrigo Cerqueira

Time of past OR future Camino
3 French from St. Jean Pied Port, 3 Portuguese from Lisbon, 1 Portuguese from Porto, 1 Primitivo from Oviedo, 19 Lisbon - Fatima, 2 Porto - Fatima, 1 Coimbra - Fátima... Open the caminhos Nascente Fátima - Tomar, Poente Nazaré- Fátima, the north connection from Fátima to Ansião and Caminho Santiago central.
It is with great pleasure that in this day August 13, 2017, we publish a pdf document of 6 pages, with the summary of the Caminho do Tejo (Lisbon - Fatima) Part of the Caminho de Santiago from Lisbon to Santarém. This document compiled information on altimetry, steps, distances, places of supply, places to sleep, indices of effort and other useful information for the pilgrims to prepare a safe and calm pilgramige.
It can be downloaded at: http://www.caminho.com.pt/mapas/Caminho_do_Tejo.pdf
Only those who make the journey understand the importance of this information.
Consider supporting the Associação de Amigos dos Caminhos de Fátima.
This document was made by pilgrims, to be used free of charge by all pilgrims willingly. This document may not be sold, modified, copied, compiled, presented or used for any commercial purpose, without the permission of the Association of Friends of the Paths of Fatima.
Pilgrim Greetings
Rodrigo Cerqueira

lisboa_alpriate.jpg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Impressive - well done! An absolutely usefull guide :)

It is with great pleasure that in this day August 13, 2017, we publish a pdf document of 6 pages, with the summary of the Caminho do Tejo (Lisbon - Fatima) Part of the Caminho de Santiago from Lisbon to Santarém. This document compiled information on altimetry, steps, distances, places of supply, places to sleep, indices of effort and other useful information for the pilgrims to prepare a safe and calm pilgramige.
This document was made by pilgrims, to be used free of charge by all pilgrims willingly. This document may not be sold, modified, copied, compiled, presented or used for any commercial purpose, without the permission of the Association of Friends of the Paths of Fatima.
Pilgrim Greetings
Rodrigo Cerqueira

View attachment 35642
Delighted to find this information today. Heading over to walk Lisbon to Santiago on October 2nd and is planning to visit Fatima on route, so this is perfect.
Just one question. Do I need 2 passports. One for Camino do Tejo and another for Lisbon to Santiago.
Thank you for all your hard work on our behalf.

Jerby thanks for your kind words of support. If your final destination its Santiago you should take a pilgrim passport of Santiago. But if you also want to have the pilgrim passport for Fátima please enter our website http://www.caminho.com.pt/credencial_e.html and follow the instructions.
If you are planning to visit Fátima you also should visit Tomar. Its a beautiful Templar town and its the fastest way for you to return to the Caminho de Santiago from Fátima. You can connect two towns via the Caminho Nascente http://www.caminho.com.pt/mapas_e.html
Bom caminho Rodrigo Cerqueira

Delighted to find this information today. Heading over to walk Lisbon to Santiago on October 2nd and is planning to visit Fatima on route, so this is perfect.
Just one question. Do I need 2 passports. One for Camino do Tejo and another for Lisbon to Santiago.
Thank you for all your hard work on our behalf.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Rodrigo, thanks so much for your quick response. With this new information I may change my plans. After walking to Fatima I might get a bus to Nazare and then walk back to Tomar. Thanks again for all your help. I've also applied for the passport.

Rodrigo, thanks so much for your quick response. With this new information I may change my plans. After walking to Fatima I might get a bus to Nazare and then walk back to Tomar. Thanks again for all your help. I've also applied for the passport.
Hi Jerby
I'm happy that you decided to do the Caminhos Poente and Nascente.
The guide It's still under construction, ( sorry about all mistakes) this is a Beta version of the Caminho Poente Guide maybe it's useful to plan your Caminho http://www.caminho.com.pt/mapas/Caminho_poente.pdf
I wish you a good pilgrimage.
Rodrigo Cerqueira

Jerby thanks for your kind words of support. If your final destination its Santiago you should take a pilgrim passport of Santiago. But if you also want to have the pilgrim passport for Fátima please enter our website http://www.caminho.com.pt/credencial_e.html and follow the instructions.
If you are planning to visit Fátima you also should visit Tomar. Its a beautiful Templar town and its the fastest way for you to return to the Caminho de Santiago from Fátima. You can connect two towns via the Caminho Nascente http://www.caminho.com.pt/mapas_e.html
Bom caminho Rodrigo Cerqueira
Hi Rodrigo, one quick question. I am hoping to walk Lisbon to Fatima on October 2nd and on arrival in Fatima I hope to catch a bus to Nazare and stay overnight in the Lab hostel.
My question is, where do I find the first blue arrow to start my walk back to Fatima and on to Tomar?
On your guide you mention campismo do calhau but I can't seem to locate it. Is it called by another name? Thanks again for all your help. Really looking forward to getting on the road.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Rodrigo, one quick question. I am hoping to walk Lisbon to Fatima on October 2nd and on arrival in Fatima I hope to catch a bus to Nazare and stay overnight in the Lab hostel.
My question is, where do I find the first blue arrow to start my walk back to Fatima and on to Tomar?
On your guide you mention campismo do calhau but I can't seem to locate it. Is it called by another name? Thanks again for all your help. Really looking forward to getting on the road.
Hi Jerby
You can find the first arrows close to church of "Sítio da Nazaré"
Please check on the google map on our website: http://www.caminho.com.pt/mapas_e.html

You can download our guide with detailed information about the Caminho Poente in our website http://www.caminho.com.pt/guias_e.html

Bom caminho.
Rodrigo Cerqueira

Hi!
I'm new here and I was looking at this thread. Is there any way I can get the Caminho do Tejo guide? Me and my girlfriend are going to try and do it this summer :)

We found some information about a new starting point in Lisbon and also some debates about Ruta Carmelita and we are very confused. Is there anybody who can tell us how it really is? Is it hard to follow the arrows or are the paths "fighting"? :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Tine

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Tine, you can fine detailed information about the Caminho do Tejo in: https://www.caminho.com.pt/mapas.html

About the Rota Carmelita, I just can give you a simple advice: if you are a pilgrim follow the arrows made by pilgrims if you are a tourist follow the Rota Carmelita that was made by the Tourism of Portugal.

Hi Rodrigo,

When we did our Caminho do Fatima in 2016 leading towards the feast of Our Lady of Fatima, we walked along the local Portuguese pilgrims and we used Alcanena as the stop between Fatima and Santarem. Has that changed or it is now an alternate route? Thanks

Hi Rodrigo,

When we did our Caminho do Fatima in 2016 leading towards the feast of Our Lady of Fatima, we walked along the local Portuguese pilgrims and we used Alcanena as the stop between Fatima and Santarem. Has that changed or it is now an alternate route? Thanks

Dear “The Kolbist” unfortunately if you went via Alcanena you didn’t follow the Caminho do Tejo. you have follow the national road. There are lots of Portuguese pilgrims that choose this kind of pilgramige, like you have expirenced it not safe...
You can find detailed information on the website

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi!
Rodrigo, your recommended website no longer exists, in the meantime I bought plane ticket, because I really want to walk from Lisbon to Fatima. I read everything I found on Google (in english), but I'm still not sure what is the current situation is. Is there still municipal albergue in Azambuja, privado albergue (aka N1 hostel) in Santarem and no albergue (but hotel) in Amiais de Baixo?

I'm a little frustrated, because in few days I'm off to go and I really don't know, where I can sleep. I would prefer to sleep in albergues.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Katka

Hi Katka,

We did the Camino de Fatima in 2016. There was only one municipal Albergue in Azambuja as it was full of local pilgrims. It was days leading to the feast of Our Lady of Fatima. So we decided to book 2 nights at the albergue in VillaFranca de Xira. We walked from Villafranca to Azambuja the next day and took the train back to Villafranca and sleep there and then the next day, we took the train again from Villafranca to Azambuja and then walk from Azambuja to Santarem. Here's the list of albergues all the way to Santarem and then if you decide to walk from Santarem to Alcanena then here's the albergues or accommodations that we found but did not stay also as they were also full. What we did was take a cheap hotel in Fatima, took a taxi back to Alcanena the next day and walk from there to Fatima. Please check them in the net if they still exist as this was way back in 2016. Hope this helps.

LISBOA/ PARQUE DAS NAÇÕES
Pousada de Juventude Parque das Nações
Rua de Moscavide, Lt 47 - 101
1998-011 LISBOA
Tel: 218 920 890

ALVERCA DO RIBATEJO
A.H.B.V. Alverca
Rua dos Bombeiros Voluntários
2615-052 ALVERCA
Tel: 219 581 551

VILA FRANCA DE XIRA
A.H.B.V. Vila Franca de Xira
Rua Bombeiros Voluntários
2600 VILA FRANCA DE XIRA
Tel: 263 280 650

AZAMBUJA
A.B.V. Azambuja
R. José Ramos Vide
2050-334 AZAMBUJA
Tel: 263 401 144

SANTARÉM
Santa Casa da Misericórdia Santarém
Lg. Cândido dos Reis 17- Ap.23
2001-901 SANTARÉM
Tel: 249 305 260

A.H.B.V. Santarém
Rua Drº Teixeira Guedes, 22
2000-029 SANTARÉM
Tel: 243 323 122

Sé de Santarém (GRUPOS)
Edifício do Seminário,
Largo Sá da Bandeira
2000-135 SANTARÉM
Tel: 243 324 534

Alternative accommodation (call to confirm):
Advagar

Centro Cultural, Recreativo e Artistico de Advagar
Contacto: Victor Abreu e Conceição Abreu
Tel: +351 964 115 073
Morada:
Rua da Escola, 2000 Advagar – Santarém
Necessario Colchão de Campismo

Nascente do Alviela (Olhos de Agua)
Alojamento Olhos de Agua
Centro de Alojamento do Centro de Ciência Viva do Alviela
Praia Fluvial dos Olhos d’Água do Alviela
Louriceira – Alcanena
Reservas:
Tel.: + 351 249 881 805
Fax: + 351 249 881 842

Monsanto
Junta de Freguesia de Monsanto
Morada: Rua Alfredo Keil, 164
2380-575 Monsanto-Alcanena
e-Mail: jfmonsanto@sapo.pt
Tel: 249.879.070
Fax: 249.879.070
info@alviela.cienciaviva.pt

Minde
Acolhimento de Peregrinos em Minde
Largo Bombeiros, Minde
2395-129 MINDE
249 840 122
249 840 838
bvminde@net.novis.pt

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi,
between Lisbon and Santarém and again after Ansiao you can rely on the list of albergues published on the Website "ViaLusitana". It is regularily updated.

ViaLusitana albergues

They also have further Information on the accomodation available on the Fatima branch:

albergues Fatima

The List offered by "The Kolbist" seems a bit out of date, because most of the fire brigades (A.H.B.V.) had already stopped to take pilgrims when I walked Lisbon-Porto in Spring 2014.

Only the fire brigade in Ansiao did still take pilgrims at that time, but stopped to do so recently.

BC
Alexandra

Via2010, thank you so much! I looked at this site at the beginnig of May and didn't found update and forgot to take a look again.
Thank you all for your kindness!

Pilgrim Greetings
Rodrigo Cerqueira

View attachment 35642
Hi the said link to download the pdf file doesn't seem to work - can you please email it to me ?
patrick taylor Many Thanks

(Private email address removed by Moderator. Please use the Personal Message function)

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi the said link to download the pdf file doesn't seem to work - can you please email it to me ?
patrick taylor Many Thanks

(Private email address removed by Moderator. Please use the Personal Message function)
There have been several recent references to this resource lately, and once again I am sorry to have to tell you that Rodrigo has disbanded his association and retired the website. I will lock this thread to avoid further confusion and disappointment, but if anyone has downloaded copies of any of the website’s great information, posting it in a new thread would be very helpful. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.