• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sunday Buses from Pamplona to Roncesvalles

cfinegan

Hi All,

I am leading a group of college students (14) from Pennsylvania to France and Spain to walk the Camino in May and June, 2011. Having completed the pilgrimage a few years ago, I am mostly prepared for what lies ahead. However, I have four questions for those of you who have more recent experience.

1. After much internet checking, I cannot confirm that there are any buses that run on Sundays (specifically on Sunday, May 15) from Pamplona to Roncesvalles. Does anyone out there have information which might clear this question up?

2. Also, should we manage to travel via bus from Pamplona to Roncesvalles on that Sunday, what is the likelihood of taxis being present to take us to St. Jean Pied de Port once we get there?

3. If there are no buses that run on Sundays from Pamplona to Roncesvalles, how should we go about arranging taxi travel from Pamplona all the way to SJPP? And what is the cost?

4. Finally, would you advise that I make reservations at a hostel in SJPP beforehand, or should we - remember there are 14 of us - just wing it....show up, find something, and get a night's sleep before heading out the next day? I guess I am asking if in early/mid May do you think there are sufficient lodgings in SJPP to handle us without making a reservation in advance?

Mil gracias, cfinegan

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello. What about checking out buses from Pamplona to San Sebastian and train from there to Hendaye and further out to Bayonne and st. Jean. I did that trip last october.Another option is a renfe train from Pamplona to Hendaye. from Hendaye there are several trains to Bayonne . You could stay in Bayonne at a cheep hotel or go on with the last train to St, Jean where you should book a place to stay for the night.
ranthr

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back