• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

sunday bycicle support

Nunzis

Time of past OR future Camino
Santiago ponferrada (2016)
Hi,
do anyone know if in ponfererda there are some bycicle shop and/or support opened the sunday?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi,
do anyone know if in ponfererda there are some bycicle shop and/or support opened the sunday?

If you Google the two terms Ponferrada and bicycles you will see a list of several bike shops marked on a small map. Tap each for more info. A quick scan shows non open Sunday unfortunately.

Hi,

yes I already did and by google it i didn;t find any shop for this reason i asked in the forum :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Pontferada is a big town but pretty much everything is closed on Sunday. A garage (gas station) may be able to help. What do you need?

Hi ,

i just need to blow up the wheels :)

yes i was thinking the same but i asked becasue i guessed that in august some shops are opened due to the high season and ponferarda is also a city for tourism.

It's because of theses type of stupid questions that I reguarly abandon the forum.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi,

yes I already did and by google it i didn;t find any shop for this reason i asked in the forum :)

If you are bringing your bike to Ponferrada by bus there is a gas station, Gestiones Cardez, very close to the bus station on the av. de la Libertad.

If you are bringing your bike to Ponferrada by bus there is a gas station, Gestiones Cardez, very close to the bus station on the av. de la Libertad.

hi Thanks, i ll try to do that and cross the fingers that the wheels won't explode :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Nunzis, should you not be carrying a pump? What do you propose to do in the event of a puncture? Walk to the nearest bicycle shop or wait for a fully-equipped cyclist to pass by. In a lifetime of not-falling-off bicycles I have found a hand pump for inflating the tyres almost as essential as the tyres themselves.

Hi yes i have all the tools pump, kit for the wheel a interna wheel ..but my problem is that i m not very strong :) and i think that the pump with the power of my harms won't work :)
for this reason i was looking for a technological support..as a bycicle shop or a electric pump :)

Hi,
Hi Nunzis
You could try the department store El Corte Ingles in Ponferrada not sure how big it is but the one in Pamplona had a full bicycle store with really helpful staff in it as I got some gear off them for my Bicycle and they normally open on a Sunday
Alan

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Nunzis
You could try the department store El Corte Ingles in Ponferrada not sure how big it is but the one in Pamplona had a full bicycle store with really helpful staff in it as I got some gear off them for my Bicycle and they normally open on a Sunday
Alan
Hi Alan,

many many thanks i wil give an eye on google :)

have a good day

Hi Sean,

i m really sorry if in some way i have offended you... or hurt you. it was not my intention, i hope that you ll enjoy your camino

have a good day :)

nunzia
Hi Nunzia, Its me who should apologise, I overreacted not realising that you had a problem. The other solution in these circumstances is sit down beside bike , I guarantee a fellow cyclist will stop to offer help within a very short time.

€60,-
OK - sorry I only just saw this: Ponferrada: Biciletas Marques Av Portugal 54 (tel 987412226; or Rojas Babbis Av de Espana, (tel 987415956). Its probably a bit late for you but might help others. Cheers.

Posts attacking the OP have been deleted.
Please offer assistance or do not post.
The OP has offered the reason for the request and has advised that they are carrying the proper equipment.
Kudos to the posting of an apology for an inappropriate personal attack.

Play nice.

Hi ,

i just need to blow up the wheels :)...

It is too late to help you now, but I always carry a bike pump, a pressure gauge and a CO2 inflator. Most people don't know how to use a CO2 Inflator, but if you try one at home, you will get the hang of it pretty quickly. I too have never been able to get those tiny pumps to work very well for a high air pressure. My heart goes out to you.....been there done that.

I have done a number of century rides and the most common problem I see other riders encountering is they get a flat. They only have a hand pump. The only get the tire pressure up high enough to ride. That results in a pinch flat in a few miles. They exhaust all their spare tubes and/or patching supplies pretty quickly from pinch flats. They beg tubes from others until someone helps them with either a "real pump" or a CO2 inflator to get decent air pressure in a decent tube. At least you know you need a real pump to get your pressure up.

I hope things turned out OK.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
It is too late to help you now, but I always carry a bike pump, a pressure gauge and a CO2 inflator. Most people don't know how to use a CO2 Inflator, but if you try one at home, you will get the hang of it pretty quickly. I too have never been able to get those tiny pumps to work very well for a high air pressure. My heart goes out to you.....been there done that.

I have done a number of century rides and the most common problem I see other riders encountering is they get a flat. They only have a hand pump. The only get the tire pressure up high enough to ride. That results in a pinch flat in a few miles. They exhaust all their spare tubes and/or patching supplies pretty quickly from pinch flats. They beg tubes from others until someone helps them with either a "real pump" or a CO2 inflator to get decent air pressure in a decent tube. At least you know you need a real pump to get your pressure up.

I hope things turned out OK.

Hi,

I did my camino. it has been the most beautiful experience. i will repeate always by bicycle and i will take you preciuse advice.

Many thanks and buen camino :)
nunzia

I'm glad things worked out for the OP...for similar prob in the future a last ditch effort might be calling the bike shop(s) and explaining your problem and the unfortunate fact you --a pilgrim--will be arriving in five days on a Sunday. I found saying "I'm a pilgrim" to be very like saying "I'm a second lt": listeners automatically understand how you got yourself in this situation. Further I have found bicyclists (who are the folks who open shops) a friendly and supportive flock. One of them might suggest a place you could stop enroute, or even open for you on Sunday. You never know. (Perhaps the OP tried, I don't know)

In Astorga my flashlight and knife were stolen in the albergue; replacing them at Huricanes i found some European brand running socks. I bought a pair and talked to the (?owner?manager) about our favorite marathons. Fast forward to the Norte where my socks were ironed (!!) by the hotel laundry. Melted! I emailed the nice (?owner) in Astorga and he overnight mailed three more in pairs of the socks I'd liked (I'm foot fussy and need socks without toe seams) to my next stop on the Primitivo, trusting me to put the money in the mail.

It goes without saying we should not get angry if shopkeepers can't do us a favor, and we should be super thankful if they do.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Just saw this thread, a bit late but I wanted to mention that there are pumps which do not require much arm strength because they become mini floor pumps. Check out the
Zefal Profil RG01 Mini-Floor Pump

I don't recommend a co2 inflator. One shot wonders. One mistake and it is dead weight.

Most read last week in this forum

I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back