• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sunday transportation from Sarria to O’Cebrerio

Portia1

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2009, Portuguese 2012
Frances 2016, 2019
There are five of us (ahem) “mature”women walking the Camino together. For two, O’Cebrerio was the ending point so we want to start there. It doesn’t look like there is bus service from Sarria to O’Cebrerio on Sundays. Any suggestions? We will be doing this in mid-September of this year. Is there a taxi or transport service you can recommend? What about an albergue? Two of us prefer bunk rooms but three want a private room with en-suite. Many thanks!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
For transport from Sarria to O Cebreiro check out this service which has an English web.

For all possibilities of accommodation in O Cebreiro
check out Camino Francés
Etapa 26 on www.Gronze.com

Good luck and Buen camino to the 5 of you!

Last edited:
There are five of us (ahem) “mature”women walking the Camino together. For two, O’Cebrerio was the ending point so we want to start there. It doesn’t look like there is bus service from Sarria to O’Cebrerio on Sundays. Any suggestions? We will be doing this in mid-September of this year. Is there a taxi or transport service you can recommend? What about an albergue? Two of us prefer bunk rooms but three want a private room with en-suite. Many thanks!
Hi Portia1 - We travelled from Santiago de Compostela Airport, to Sarria May 2018 we used www.findtransfers.com cost €129.00, there was three of us and the services was excellent door to door. We have since used findtransfer.com in various other countries, also Gronze.com as recommended by mspath is excellent. beun Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Definitely research the O’Cebreiro accommodations; the albuergue there is very large and basic, while private rooms with a bath are extremely limited. If you need exactly that type of private room there, you’ll need to reserve in advance.

Given you have five people to transport, getting to O’Cebreiro will require two car taxis or possibly one van if you have limited luggage. Have you considered changing your starting/end points? Sarria to O’Cebreiro is not exactly the commuter route. 😁. You will have more options if you start walking in Ponferrada (or similar), or at least bus there and then taxi to O’Ceb.

Finally, consider BlaBla Car - it’s a rideshare app for prescheduling rides with private citizens. It’s highly doubtful that someone will be doing that route on that exact day in a large van, but it’s free to check!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
O’Cebrerio is a special place especially if you climbed up from Herrerías . It is not exactly a thriving center of international transport nor local as well. Any bus will stop below the village just before/after Linares and will require a climb up and away from Santiago.The taxi idea is best and worry free but as mentioned by others you may find private accommodation problematic - I seem to remember a cafe/bar/restaurant offering rooms just down the Camino in Hospital de la Condesa nothing to write home about. In Hospital there is however a church which appears positively Byzantine - don't miss it.

O’Cebrerio was the ending point so we want to start there. It doesn’t look like there is bus service from Sarria to O’Cebrerio on Sundays. Any suggestions?

In addition to the taxi service already mentioned, you could also contact one of the three taxi services that are licensed taxis in Pedrafita and frequently transport pilgrims from and to O Cebreiro: O Rubio, +34 626587796, Fermin Gomez, +34 609 674 303 | +34 649 126 470, and Ana Belén Rodríguez, +34 670681832. They have normal taxis but also vans for up to seven or eight people.

How and from where are you travelling to Sarria? You may want to look into travelling to Pedrafita instead by using public transport (check www.Rome2Rio.com for options) and then taking a taxi for the 4 km or so from Pedrafita to O Cebreiro.

Buen camino!

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back