• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sunrise/Sunset times in September

Portia1

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2009, Portuguese 2012
Frances 2016, 2019
I have been so impressed with the collective knowledge on this site that I will throw this question out there. Does anyone know where I can find out sunrise/sunset times for the Camino this September? I am trying to figure out how much daylight I have as the month progresses. Thanks!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
If you go to this website: http://www.godesalco.com/plan/frances you make a detailed plan for your trip. On the first page mark you starting and ending points. On the second page mark you proposed intermediate stops and, at the bottom, your travel dates. It will give you detailed plan that will include sunrise and sunset times.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Jeff I used the site and input my plan. I am trying hard to figure out where to see sunrise/sunset times. Can you point me to it? I put my plan into the five different pages. Everytime I tried to go back, it wants me to input everything all over again. Which of the five choices of reports shows sunrise/sunset? Thanks!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Portia, I walked in September 2007 from Logrono to Leon. The sun came up (enough for walking) around 7 a.m. One day we left about 6:30 from Ventosa & it was pitch black, but 30 minutes later it was light enough for walking.

Not sure about sun sets, because I stopped walking about 1 or 2pm each day.

Kelly

Hi Portia,
I just tried that site, for a friend of mine who is beginning at SJPDP on Thursday... I believe, once all the info is in place, that it is the second choice from the bottom. It comes up as an excel document. It has all the sunrise,sunset, moon phases... very cool.
Buen Camino,

I walked the Camino Frances from August 29 to Sept 30, 2008. I always left early in the morning. In the beginning it was around 6 am, using a good WHITE light flashlight. I only walked in the dark for about one hour or so. As the month progressed, I started a bit later - 630 am or so. The most interesting experience was walking in the early morning dark in the light of the full moon. It was very special and utterly peaceful and became the best part of the walk. As the month progressed, you could tell the mornings were becoming a bit darker and certainly cooler. The evenings were likely dark around 7 pm or so. You should never walk past about 5 pm as it is much more difficult to find a bed after 4 pm. Cyclists tend to stop around 5 or 6 and so the beds become harder to find. Good Luck...Maggee

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello Portia,
I projected my walk in using the Godesalco plan, starting in Roncevalles on 16th Sept:
sunrise that day is at 7.15 and sets at 20.45
on 3th Oct the sun rises at 7.42 and sets at 20.31
on 15th Oct the sun rises at 8.12 and sets at 20.18

This is just to give you an idea of how daylight hours will be changing during that time. Hope it helps.
Anne
This is just to give you an idea

Go to http://www.wunderground.com and enter a location. Go to the History and Almanac section and select the date for which you want sunrise/sunset information, past or future. Read the information in the Astronomy section. You also can navigate around and get the weather history for the month in previous years in calendar or table format.

This year will be just like last year, but on different days!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back