• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sunrises to Santiago: Searching for Purpose on the Camino de Santiago

Gabe

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances June/July 2015
Hi Everyone!

I completed the Camino de Santiago last summer (Camino Frances) and the experience was profound. It was life changing and my new book, Sunrises to Santiago, was born. If you have ever felt lost, looking for your purpose in life, with no path or direction, then this book is for you. It is now available on Amazon (paperback and Kindle) from Paz Publishing. It was released June 9th, 2015. Details and other free Camino de Santiago resources here: http://gabrielschirm.com/book/

Reviews so far:
"I loved it. It brought back so many great memories for me. This is an incredible book for past, present, and aspiring pilgrims.” –Kelly Freeman (Completed the Camino de Santiago in 2013)

“This book makes it personal, and will let readers feel like they are taking the journey with you, while opening them up to what this journey could mean for them.” –David Dickerson (Currently hiking the Pacific Crest Trail)

“Reading about this journey was a true gift. I cried a dozen times and found the whole tale very inspiring.” –Agnes Bannigan (Writer, Editor)

Sunrises to Santiago: Searching for Purpose on the Camino de Santiago
After spending his 20s traveling the world and hopping from job to job, Gabriel Schirm was lost. At 32 years old, he desperately needed to find direction and meaningful purpose in his life. With no physical training, he decided his answers were waiting for him somewhere along the historic 490-mile pilgrimage route called the Camino de Santiago in Spain. From the physical high of crossing the Pyrenees Mountains to the mind numbing rhythm of walking through the endless wheat fields of the Meseta, the route was filled with many challenges. Accompanied by his “guru” wife Amy, Schirm faces setbacks like bed bugs and tendinitis, all in the pursuit of elusive answers. The lessons came from the serendipitous experiences and conversations with fellow pilgrims from all over the world. Sunrises to Santiago chronicles a wondrous journey of personal growth, physical pain, and outdoor adventure while teaching us all to enjoy life’s incredible journey.

cover_final.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...
This book by Katherine Lack landed on my doormat last week. I ordered it having found her Frontstalag 142, The Internment Diary of an English Lady fascinating, not least because my grandmother and...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back