• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sunshine Coast Camino Group

Llew

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances/Fin 2012, Norte/Ingles 2015, Port/Fin 2022
The next gathering will be held at 2.00pm on sunday 16 march at the North Shore Community Centre, 701 David Low Way. Access to the hall is via David Low Way or 128 Mudjimba Beach Road.
The main topic for this meeting will be "Which route do I take" in which we will discuss the pros and cons of the various caminos. Will also discuss maps and guide books. There will also be time to for intending pilgrims to question those who have walked a camino. If you have any questions please contact me (I will be overseas 5 -12 March so replies will be when I return).
Llew

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The next gathering will be held at 2.00pm on sunday 16 march at the North Shore Community Centre, 701 David Low Way. Access to the hall is via David Low Way or 128 Mudjimba Beach Road.
The main topic for this meeting will be "Which route do I take" in which we will discuss the pros and cons of the various caminos. Will also discuss maps and guide books. There will also be time to for intending pilgrims to question those who have walked a camino. If you have any questions please contact me (I will be overseas 5 -12 March so replies will be when I return).
Llew
Another very successful gathering with 52 persons attending. Many thanks to Jonathan who spoke on the 5 different camino's he has completed and the more than 4000km he has walked. Group is going from strength to strength and we now have 145 people on our database.
A walk is organised from Caloundra to Noosa Heads 12/13 April. Distance is approx. 60km and we will stay overnight at Marcoola (cost approx. $40) which is about halfway. If interested contact me via this site.

The next gathering of the Sunshine Coast camino group will be at 2.00pm on sunday 18 May at the North Shore community centre, 701 David Low Way. The main topic will be "What to pack for your camino". For those who have walked a camino feel free to bring along examples of what you packed. There will be space to display your gear so people can move about and discuss your choices with you. Any questions please contact me.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I would like to know if you are having any group get togethers soon? Looks like the last one was in May, hoping you haven't stopped the group?

Hey Lynne I am at the Sunshine Coast in Buderim. I am travelling to the Camino in October. I belong to Russell's Sunshine Camino group and had an email that is not on last month yet they are holding it on the 31st of August if that helps? Cheers.

Thanks for that, I work in Buderim. Monday and Thursday, maybe we can catch up for coffee

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks for that, I work in Buderim. Monday and Thursday, maybe we can catch up for coffee
Sure we can I am up there nearly every day at Capers Café after working with my clients. Would love to chat.

Will you be there today about 12.30? How can I recognise you?

Will you be there today about 12.30? How can I recognise you?
Hi Lynne I am meeting up today with friends and have clients to speak to there. Is there another day this week as you mentioned you work in Buderim 2 days a week. Sorry would of loved to chat. How about later in the week? You can go to my face book page and see a picture of me there is it is called www.mindplumbing.com.au, I am the director of Mind Plumbing and a Coach so you will see the name underneath. Look forward to catching up.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Lynne I am meeting up today with friends and have clients to speak to there. Is there another day this week as you mentioned you work in Buderim 2 days a week. Sorry would of loved to chat. How about later in the week? You can go to my face book page and see a picture of me there is it is called www.mindplumbing.com.au, I am the director of Mind Plumbing and a Coach so you will see the name underneath. Look forward to catching up.
Next gathering of the Sunshine Coast camino group is at 2.00pm on sunday 24 August at North Shore community centre, 701 David low Way. If anyone requires further info do not hesitate to contact me.

Hi Llewelyn, just missed yesterday's meeting, only found out today that there was a group such as this...very exciting!
I would certainly love to come along to the next meeting. I am going to do the Camino next year.
I'm sure you will let us know the date for the next meeting shortly.
Regards K

Next gathering of the Sunshine Coast camino group is at 2.00pm on sunday 24 August at North Shore community centre, 701 David low Way. If anyone requires further info do not hesitate to contact me.

Hi lew, I really enjoyed the information I received yesterday, can't wait for the next get together, cheers Lynne

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Already have the 9th November written in the diary to attend the Sunshine Coast Camino Group gathering. By then we will be able to tell you all of our experiences!! This time next week - Brisbane airport ! Buen Camino

Wow! You're going that soon....enjoy, can't wait to hear all about it....Buen Camino
Already have the 9th November written in the diary to attend the Sunshine Coast Camino Group gathering. By then we will be able to tell you all of our experiences!! This time next week - Brisbane airport ! Buen Camino

Wow! You're going that soon....enjoy, can't wait to hear all about it....Buen Camino
This time next week we will literally be sitting in the plane at Brisbane airport ready to depart for Dubai/Madrid !
I want to buy one of those t-shirts that says "I have walked the Camino Frances" and wear it to the Sunshine Coast get together - bragging - heck yeah !!!! Now let's hope reality matches the dream.
Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hey sriyantra,
This time next week we will literally be sitting in the plane at Gold Coast airport ready to depart for Singapore!
Then it's Helsinki, Amsterdam, Paris, Biarritz, St Jean. Heading up the mountain on the 12th.
Regds & Buen Camino!
Gerard

Hey sriyantra,
This time next week we will literally be sitting in the plane at Gold Coast airport ready to depart for Singapore!
Then it's Helsinki, Amsterdam, Paris, Biarritz, St Jean. Heading up the mountain on the 12th.
Regds & Buen Camino!
Gerard
Enjoy your journey. We leave St Jean on the 6th so will be a few days ahead of you. When do you leave Santiago? Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Y0u will pass us. We arrive Santiago on the 15th Ocober and leave Madrid for home on the 20th October. I have changed our avatar so look for these backpacks. Buen Camino

Y0u will pass us. We arrive Santiago on the 15th Ocober and leave Madrid for home on the 20th October. I have changed our avatar so look for these backpacks. Buen Camino
Hi,
Kay - Lok forward to meeting you at the next meeting. Probably 9 November but will be a post confirming that or a new date nearer the time.

Lynne - Glad you enjoyed the meeting. I love meeting people interested in the camino. As you could probably tell I can't get enough of it.

Sriyantra - one of our group, John Reubenicht, departs Brisbane 2/9 via Dubai, & Madrid so you may meet him on the way. Buen camino and look forward to hearing about your camino at our next gathering.

Gerard - Buen camino also and if you get the opportunity would love to welcome you to one of gatherings to hear about your camino.

I am more than happy to meet anyone who wants to have a chat about the camino whether they have walked or planning to walk. Send me an e-mail with contact details and I will be in touch.

Guys this is a ladies only question... I was wondering if there is a special bra you women wear on the Camino? Someone said the other day to buy tshirts with no seam on shoulder as it could rub with the back pack straps, I just thought has anyone out there that has done the Camino had trouble with bra straps rubbing under BP straps? Cheers

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hey Lynne I am at the Sunshine Coast in Buderim. I am travelling to the Camino in October. I belong to Russell's Sunshine Camino group and had an email that is not on last month yet they are holding it on the 31st of August if that helps? Cheers.
We are from Bribie & will be leaving Bne for Paris/Biarritz & SJPDP NEXT Tuesday 2nd Sept. We would love to catch up with the group if this is possible. If you can let us know details that would be appreciated.
Cheers
Nigel & Marilyn

Guys this is a ladies only question... I was wondering if there is a special bra you women wear on the Camino? Someone said the other day to buy tshirts with no seam on shoulder as it could rub with the back pack straps, I just thought has anyone out there that has done the Camino had trouble with bra straps rubbing under BP straps? Cheers
Hi Lynne, I haven't walked the Camino yet but I have been training for 15 months. During that time, by experimenting with clothing, I have found what works for me. As I am allergic to latex/rubber I have to be super careful with bras. I always have to buy a pair, wear them for an hour, and by then I will know whether or not they contain rubber/latex. I have two identical pairs to take with me that I know will be allergy free and comfortable. So my advice is to try all your clothing out numerous times when training. You will soon know what suits you. I did have one pair that rubbed across my back so they were discarded months ago! We had a last training walk this morning, in full gear, and will have a final pack this afternoon. Buen Camino to you. Enjoy each little step of the journey because it is all part of the Camino experience.

I took two ahh bra look-a-likes bought from my local chemist. Very comfortable, I even slept in them, making getting dressed in the morning without too much exposure much easier. I am a 12 B, a larger person might find them uncomfortable, but I found them great. And fairly fast drying as well.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We are from Bribie & will be leaving Bne for Paris/Biarritz & SJPDP NEXT Tuesday 2nd Sept. We would love to catch up with the group if this is possible. If you can let us know details that would be appreciated.
Cheers
Nigel & Marilyn
Hi Nigel & Marilyn, Our next gathering will probably be 9 Nov. Would be great to see you there and hear about your camino.
If you would like to PM me with your contact details I will make sure you are added to our data base.
There will also be a note on this site nearer the date of the next get together.
Buen camino, Llew

Gday all. Craig here. Im from Gympie (hope thats close enough to the Sunshine Coast) and Im planning my first Camino for early May 2015. Would love to meet up with fellow pilgrims past and future to discuss the walk. My plan is to fly into Paris. Catch a train to Bayonne, then change for SJPDP. Hoping to complete the whole walk and Im not in a hurry as I`ll have 7 weeks, although I know it wont take that long.
Hope I can join you on your next meet up in November.
And to all those that are traveling before then,
Buen Camino

Gday all. Craig here. Im from Gympie (hope thats close enough to the Sunshine Coast) and Im planning my first Camino for early May 2015. Would love to meet up with fellow pilgrims past and future to discuss the walk. My plan is to fly into Paris. Catch a train to Bayonne, then change for SJPDP. Hoping to complete the whole walk and Im not in a hurry as I`ll have 7 weeks, although I know it wont take that long.
Buen Camino
We are just up the road from you ! Just north of Hervey Bay. We leave on Monday for Madrid and are planning on going to the November get together. See you there. Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We are just up the road from you ! Just north of Hervey Bay. We leave on Monday for Madrid and are planning on going to the November get together. See you there. Buen Camino
Hey sriyantra. I would so love to be going now. I cant wait for next May. It seems so far away. But Im sure it will come round soon enough.
Have fun and Buen Camino

Hey sriyantra. I would so love to be going now. I cant wait for next May. It seems so far away. But Im sure it will come round soon enough.
Have fun and Buen Camino
I started training last May. Life sent my husband and I some curved balls since then and at times we wondered if the Camino would happen. We are so looking forward to just being for 7 weeks and enjoying each day as it unfolds.

See you in November. Buen Camino

Hi Nigel & Marilyn, Our next gathering will probably be 9 Nov. Would be great to see you there and hear about your camino.
If you would like to PM me with your contact details I will make sure you are added to our data base.
There will also be a note on this site nearer the date of the next get together.
Buen camino, Llew
Thanks, look forward to meeting you and the group
Nigel

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Buen Camino
Hi Craig, Great to hear from you and hope you can make it in Novemeber. If you want to have a chat before than I am more than happy to meet you somewhere (I am in Noosa). My camino started the same as what you are planning - Brisbane to Paris, train to Bayonne and local train to SJPDP. Send me a PM if you want to meet.
Cheers, Llew

Hi Craig, Great to hear from you and hope you can make it in Novemeber. If you want to have a chat before than I am more than happy to meet you somewhere (I am in Noosa). My camino started the same as what you are planning - Brisbane to Paris, train to Bayonne and local train to SJPDP. Send me a PM if you want to meet.
Cheers, Llew
Gday Llew. Thanks for the welcome. Look forward to the meet up in November. Thanks also for the offer of a chat. Ive been planning my Camino since 2012 and friends of mine in town went last year.
I would like to ask one thing. As your start was similar to what mine will be, did you manage to get a flight to Paris and train to Bayonne, then local train to SJPDP in one go? Or did you have to overnight in Bayonne? As my trip is still some months away, I cant seem to get any train timetables closer to that date out of the SNCF website. I was hoping to fly in to Paris, get a train to Bayonne that goes overnight(6.5hr I believe) then wait for the first local to SJPDP. Then Ill do 2 nights there to freshen up. Get supplies. Then off I go.
As I said look forward to meeting the group.
Cheers
Craig

Last edited:
Cheers, Llew
Hi Craig,
We leave for Paris on Tues. One night there (airbnb) then fly with Easyjet to Biarritz, then bus /train to SJPDP.
We return flying from porto in portugal (2 hrs by bus from Santiago de Compostela) back to Beauvais airport with Ryanair then 2 days in Paris then Home. 6 weeks in total. Both budget airlines are very cheap. thought you might be interested.
Cheers
Nigel & Marilyn

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Craig,
We leave for Paris on Tues. One night there (airbnb) then fly with Easyjet to Biarritz, then bus /train to SJPDP.
We return flying from porto in portugal (2 hrs by bus from Santiago de Compostela) back to Beauvais airport with Ryanair then 2 days in Paris then Home. 6 weeks in total. Both budget airlines are very cheap. thought you might be interested.
Cheers
Nigel & Marilyn
Hey guys. I looked into flying from Paris to Biarrtz only last night, and I dont know what I was putting in wrong, but all I could get (and on several attempts cause I thought I was doing something wrong) was an Air France flight for $997.00 Yes you read that right. Will try and get a better handle on the details between now and then.
Hope you guys have a great trip and Buen Camino
Craig

OK, just recapping that. Just looked through Easyjet and came up with a AU$64.60 from Paris to Biarritz. That seemed better than $997.00.

OK, just recapping that. Just looked through Easyjet and came up with a AU$64.60 from Paris to Biarritz. That seemed better than $997.00.
Hey thats good, I think we paid around the same . The flights back from Porto to Beauvais (75km from Paris) were just over the $100 mark for us both. I got an email from Ryanair the other day with a sale fare for 20 Euros... not sure if its still on
Buen Camino
Nigel

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Gday Llew. Thanks for the welcome. Look forward to the meet up in November. Thanks also for the offer of a chat. Ive been planning my Camino since 2012 and friends of mine in town went last year.
I would like to ask one thing. As your start was similar to what mine will be, did you manage to get a flight to Paris and train to Bayonne, then local train to SJPDP in one go? Or did you have to overnight in Bayonne? As my trip is still some months away, I cant seem to get any train timetables closer to that date out of the SNCF website. I was hoping to fly in to Paris, get a train to Bayonne that goes overnight(6.5hr I believe) then wait for the first local to SJPDP. Then Ill do 2 nights there to freshen up. Get supplies. Then off I go.
As I said look forward to meeting the group.
Cheers
Craig
Hi Craig, My travel was all in one hit. Departed Brisbane 10.20am on Southern China. 7 hour stopover in Guangzhou and arrived Paris 7.20am. Departed Charles de Gaulle station at 8.20 and arrived Bayonne, via Bordeaux, at 3.35pm. Left Bayonne at 6.15pm, arriving SJPDP at 7.30pm. All up 40 odd hours but I just wanted to get to SJPDP. Train trips from Paris took about 7 hours and about 4 hours of stopovers at Bordeaux & Bayonne. As I said send me a PM if you want a chat about anything. Cheers, Llew

G'day all. Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere on the Sunny coast that gives Spanish language lessons? I've had Spanish for Dummies in my car for 12 months, but one can only parrot phrases and words so far.
I know you can get away with a few phrases and a phrase book, but Id like to go that little extra. I've tried the TAFE sites but only Brisbane campuses seem to have them. So does anyone know of any locally run classes.
cheers
Craig

Yes yes yes Craig, Carlos, meets every Saturday morning at picnic point Maroochydore, $8.50 for 3/4 hr, most times its an hour, he is wonderful, I've been going for a few months, you can also pay $50 for 10 lessons, sooo reasonable, I won't be there this sat, but go down, he'll be on a picnic table and have a sign up. Adios :D

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
G'day all. Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere on the Sunny coast that gives Spanish language lessons? I've had Spanish for Dummies in my car for 12 months, but one can only parrot phrases and words so far.
I know you can get away with a few phrases and a phrase book, but Id like to go that little extra. I've tried the TAFE sites but only Brisbane campuses seem to have them. So does anyone know of any locally run classes.
cheers
Craig
Hi Craig,
I did reply but I can't see where my post has gone...
I like the sound of Lynne's answer .
Just to let you know , I'm sure that U3a at Tewanten does Spanish....I think you have to join U3A to participate.
Regards,
Kay

Hi Craig,
I did reply but I can't see where my post has gone...
I like the sound of Lynne's answer .
Just to let you know , I'm sure that U3a at Tewanten does Spanish....I think you have to join U3A to participate.
Regards,
Kay
Thanks for that Kay. Unfortunately I only fit one of the criteria in joining U3A. Im over 50, but I work full time. Language classes also are only in German French and Italian. But thanks for that. I didnt know the groupo existed and will keep them in mind when I do retire. Sounds like a good group.

Yes yes yes Craig, Carlos, meets every Saturday morning at picnic point Maroochydore, $8.50 for 3/4 hr, most times its an hour, he is wonderful, I've been going for a few months, you can also pay $50 for 10 lessons, sooo reasonable, I won't be there this sat, but go down, he'll be on a picnic table and have a sign up. Adios :D
Muchas Gracias Lynne. I would be only too happy to pay $50 for 10 lessons. I think you could learn a lot more if you could converse with someone else. However my next few Saturdays are tied up, but Ill see if I can get down there to check it out. About what time in the morning does he get down there. Adios

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
can I please find out where the next Sunshine Coast get-together will be? I understand it is on 9th November??
tx

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Lynne, which spot on Picnic Point, say if I were to be near Duporth Tavern, even though a sunshine coast kid (er, growed-up) I need specifics so the old girl don't get lost, can I just turn up and say hola? or must I book somehow?
thanks
k.

Lynne, which spot on Picnic Point, say if I were to be near Duporth Tavern, even though a sunshine coast kid (er, growed-up) I need specifics so the old girl don't get lost, can I just turn up and say hola? or must I book somehow?
thanks
k.
Hola Kate. Como estas?If you looking for a really good language program online, give duolingo a try. I have been practicing with Spanish for dummies for over 12 months and I have learned more in a week with Duolingo than SFD. However a face to face lesson will always be better. Adios

can I please find out where the next Sunshine Coast get-together will be? I understand it is on 9th November??
tx
Hi Kate,
We are looking at 9 November at North Shore Community Centre, 701 David Low Way however this will be confirmed nearer the date. A post will be made on this site.
A couple of our members are currently walking the Frances and they will be giving an account of their walks.
Look forward to seeing you .
Cheers Llew

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We are currently in Burgos. We went Brisbane to Madrid, train to Pamplona, taxi to st jean and it worked well. We are planning on being at the November gettogether

thanks
k.
Hi Kate, you can just turn up, we sit at one of the picnic tables in picnic point esplanade, it's towards Bradman ave coming from Duporth, hopefully see you there today, Carlos has a little sign up saying Spanish class, we sit on the right hand side of toilet block, looking at water, cheers Lynne

Thanks, look forward to meeting you and the group
Nigel
Hello from Leon... we have loved the journey... took a bus today from Burgos & have had 3 days of little walking... feet, blisters ankle recvoering... Tonight there uis a festival that ends outside our Albergue... so hopes of an early morning may be just that...
Looks forward to meeting you all
Cheers
Nigel & Marilyn
Bribie

Thanks for that Kay. Unfortunately I only fit one of the criteria in joining U3A. Im over 50, but I work full time. Language classes also are only in German French and Italian. But thanks for that. I didnt know the groupo existed and will keep them in mind when I do retire. Sounds like a good group.
I did 3 months spanish at Bribie U3A... well worth the effort in Spain

Gratuitous self plug for me and my Facebook hiking group in this weekend Gympie Times. And just to make it Camino worthy for the forum, it mentions my up coming trip in May.

Gratuitous self plug for me and my Facebook hiking group in this weekend Gympie Times. And just to make it Camino worthy for the forum, it mentions my up coming trip in May.
Wonderful to read the article...I will be walking the Camino in April /May next year, hope to see you on the way. I will be attending the November meeting....I took your advice and logged onto Duelingo....it looks quite good!
Cheers,
Kay

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just wondering if the November 9 get together is still on?

Craig, we returned from France yesterday... walked the Camino Frances... It was a real test of endurance, I think for most people, but it was such a privilege to do this. We will be at the Nov meeting. will catch up then.
cheers Nigel

Craig, we returned from France yesterday... walked the Camino Frances... It was a real test of endurance, I think for most people, but it was such a privilege to do this. We will be at the Nov meeting. will catch up then.
cheers Nigel
Great stuff. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I was hoping to attend the Nov 9 gathering but now find that I have to be in Sydney this weekend.
I will be leaving for Paris from Brisbane on April 14, arrive in Paris 15th , stay near airport, next day(16th) train to Bayonne, overnight on Bayonne then 17th , bus to St Jean . I will be starting the Camino either 18th /19th April.
Is anyone else planning a similar departure?
I would love to catchup with anyone whose done the Camino recently or planning to do so. I live in Noosaville but can drive most places for a coffee or lunch.
Do you know if there is another meeting between Nov 9th and April?
Better still, are there any walks or hikes planned in the near future?
I have so many questions!!!
Kay

You may want to check the Sydney group. I think the forum member Kanga could help you out.

I was hoping to attend the Nov 9 gathering but now find that I have to be in Sydney this weekend.
I will be leaving for Paris from Brisbane on April 14, arrive in Paris 15th , stay near airport, next day(16th) train to Bayonne, overnight on Bayonne then 17th , bus to St Jean . I will be starting the Camino either 18th /19th April.
I would love to catchup with anyone whose done the Camino recently or planning to do so. I live in Noosaville but can drive most places for a coffee or lunch.
Kay
Hi Kay, I am in Noosaville so give me a call - 0400035359. Cheers, Llew

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Just wondering if the November 9 get together is still on?
Just waiting for confirmation we have the hall. As soon as I hear will post on this site.
Cheers, Llew

We could all just meet at a coffee club or cafe if the hall falls through.

Hi Kay,
I walked the Frances with my husband in 2009. I live at Pomona and love to talk 'Camino'. If you would like to visit I can show you photos and bore you for hours!
Jacki.

€149,-
Thankyou Jacki,
I would love to catch up with you....
I could drive out to Pomono and have a chat, I will be available Tuesday week -28th , sometime after 1:30 - does this day suit you?

We could all just meet at a coffee club or cafe if the hall falls through.
Some meetings we get more than 50 persons, usually in the 30's, so too large a number for a café. Also with people talking to a group a café is not practical.
We have never had a problem getting one of the rooms in the hall so this time should not be any different. Russell, who organises the hall is due back in a few days so I should have confirmation shortly.
Cheers, Llew

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Some meetings we get more than 50 persons, usually in the 30's, so too large a number for a café. Also with people talking to a group a café is not practical.
Cheers, Llew
Wow. 30-50 people? Thats great. I assumed about a dozen. A cafe would be impractical. Look forward to it.

The next gathering of the Sunshine Coast Camino Group is confirmed for 2.00pm at the North Shore Community Centre, 701 David Low Way, Mudjimba. Access is via David Low Way or 128 Mudjimba Beach Road.
Two of our group have recently returned from the camino Frances and they will be giving their thoughts on their experience. There will also be plenty of time for discussion on other camino related topic.
Look forward to seeing old and new faces.
Any questions or if further information is required please contact me via this forum.
Cheers, Llew

Kay
Hi Kay,
If you are down Bribie Is way we would be happy to have a coffee & chat, show photos etc. We returned from Camino Frances 3 weeks ago... It is all very fresh!! Cheers
Nigel & Marilyn

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The next gathering of the Sunshine Coast Camino Group is confirmed for 2.00pm at the North Shore Community Centre, 701 David Low Way, Mudjimba. Access is via David Low Way or 128 Mudjimba Beach Road.
Two of our group have recently returned from the camino Frances and they will be giving their thoughts on their experience. There will also be plenty of time for discussion on other camino related topic.
Look forward to seeing old and new faces.
Any questions or if further information is required please contact me via this forum.
Cheers, Llew
Thanks for this . we will see you on Sunday 2pm. Pl let us know if there are any changes as we are coming from Bribie Is. I have a USB of photos from our recent trip (back 3 weeks from Camino Frances). Is this OK to share, is there a projector/TV that will take a USB?
Thanks
Nigel & Marilyn Bell

Hello Nigel and Marilyn,
Thankyou so much for your very kind offer.
I'm not sure when I'll be coming your way, but when I do I will give you plenty of notice and call in for a chat.
I hope the gathering on Sunday goes well ......enjoy!
Thanks and regards,
Kay

Hi Kay,
If you are down Bribie Is way we would be happy to have a coffee & chat, show photos etc. We returned from Camino Frances 3 weeks ago... It is all very fresh!! Cheers
Nigel & Marilyn

Thanks for this . we will see you on Sunday 2pm. Pl let us know if there are any changes as we are coming from Bribie Is. I have a USB of photos from our recent trip (back 3 weeks from Camino Frances). Is this OK to share, is there a projector/TV that will take a USB?
Thanks
Nigel & Marilyn Bell
Hi Nigel & Marilyn,
By all means bring your USB of photos but will have to see how we go time wise. We have 2 of our group recently returned who are giving talks on their experiences and another member talking and showing photos of the Madrid camino he has just finished. Would like to think we can fit everyone in.

Cheers,
Llew

Hi Kay,
A couple of hints that may help. When you know you will start, book the first night , if you are travelling the Napolean route at Orison at least 2 plus months before- it fills up quickly. It will give you an easier start to the Camino Frances, rather than a really big day. Also we would recommend booking the next night at Espinal (Angel is the owner of the albergue- he will pick you up from Roncenvalles if you want).
Hope this helps
Cheers
Nigel & Marilyn

Hi Kay,
A couple of hints that may help. When you know you will start, book the first night , if you are travelling the Napolean route at Orison at least 2 plus months before- it fills up quickly. It will give you an easier start to the Camino Frances, rather than a really big day. Also we would recommend booking the next night at Espinal (Angel is the owner of the albergue- he will pick you up from Roncenvalles if you want).
Hope this helps
Cheers
Nigel & Marilyn
To Nigel and Marilyn,
That's a great help, I will certainly take your advice and book Orison. Do you think I will have trouble getting accommodation in April ? I should start my Walk on April 18th. I originally planned to do the whole journey in six weeks , to allow a few rest days. Now I'm thinking maybe seven weeks just on case I have injuries.
Cheers,
Kay

To Nigel and Marilyn,
That's a great help, I will certainly take your advice and book Orison. Do you think I will have trouble getting accommodation in April ? I should start my Walk on April 18th. I originally planned to do the whole journey in six weeks , to allow a few rest days. Now I'm thinking maybe seven weeks just on case I have injuries.
Cheers,
Kay
Kay, I would book Orisson any time of the year...just to be safe...(we actually walked he Valcarlos route as we could not get into Orisson- Valcarlos is a really nice Albergue... not many do this route cf Napolean) The rest should be OK. We allowed 6 weeks and before we started had decided to bus the Messetas (Burgos to Leon) WE needed 4 days of rest between( for blisters/twisted ankle) both places, but was good after this (mostly) . I was so aware that the next step could be the end of my Camino and my determination to finish grew the longer we were walking!! Walking Poles were the best investment!! I cannot recommend them enough for stabilty, safety and my knees which arent great had no problems. In the end we took 1 month to complete the journey, but my advice is take your time and enjoy the journey.. its your journey...
hope this helps
Cheers
Nigel

Really great to meet up with some of the group today. Was a great Sunday arvo get together. If I wasn't already excited about going, I am more so now.
Cheers
Craig

Yes it was great today, I got a lot more ideas, Hey Craig, have you already got your tickets to go in May? Who did you go through? I find it very confusing looking for airfares

Hey Lynne Im flying through Singapore Airlines. Go Bris, Sing, Paris. $1680 Best thing is no Dubai. Got it through a travel agent. I was on an early bird list. The same travel agent has earlybird specials to Europe now, so I would assume most others would. Was so hassle free it wasnt funny.

€60,-
Also as I said. Once you find the pack you like that fits you right, give these 2 ebay stores a try. They are the cheapest Australian stores you will find and because your purchase will be over $75 you postage is free. Ive bought backpacks from both and its there in 3 days.
Hope that helps and only too happy to.
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Camping-M...6506219&_sid=1174825269&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Wild-Eart...Z1QQ_sidZ104420875QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322
Awesome, thanks Craig

Excellent turn out of 35 persons to todays gathering. Many thanks to those that contributed with insights on their recent camino's.
Lynne, check out your travel with Flight Centre. I am looking at a fare of $1500 on China Southern departing mid May to Paris via Guangzhou.
Also Finnair have deals at present but most earlybird specials, for travel first half next year finish middle of this month.
Cheers, Llew.

Hey Lynne Im flying through Singapore Airlines. Go Bris, Sing, Paris. $1680 Best thing is no Dubai. Got it through a travel agent. I was on an early bird list. The same travel agent has earlybird specials to Europe now, so I would assume most others would. Was so hassle free it wasnt funny.
Craig,

I am going end Feb and flying same as you :)

Beun Camino

Craig,

I am going end Feb and flying same as you :) Good luck on your adventure.

Beun Camino

Llew

Hi Llew, I am new to the group and just over an hour south from Mudjimba in Moreton Bay region. I will will try my best to be there. I head off for my first Camino walking the Camino Frances is just over two months.

Regards, David

Last edited:
Hi Llew, I am new to the group and just over an hour south from Mudjimba in Moreton Bay region. I will will try my best to be there. I head off for my first Camino walking the Camino Frances is just over two months.

Regards, David
Hey David. When in May do you leave. I fly out May 3rd from Brisbane and hope to start walking May 7th. Hope to catch up at the meeting.
Buen Camino
Craig

Hey David. When in May do you leave. I fly out May 3rd from Brisbane and hope to start walking May 7th. Hope to catch up at the meeting.
Buen Camino
Craig

Hola Craig! I am hoping to fly out a few days before you on the 26th April, spend a day in Paris and one full day in Saint-Jean and then begin my walk on the 30th April. I look forward to catching up at the meeting.
Buen Camino
Dave

Regards, David
Hi David,
Apologies for delay in replying as have been away for a few days. Hope you can make the gathering and have a catch up. Posting details of where it will be held etc in a few minutes.
Buen camino
Llew

The next gathering of the Sunshine Coast Camino group is to be held at 2.00pm sunday 8 March at the Mudjimba Commuity hall, 41 Cottontree Street, Mudjimba.
Note the change from our usual venue, the North Shore Community hall which was double booked. As we have had to hire this hall would appreciate a gold coin donation to help with the cost.
Bring a plate as at the conclusion of the meeting there will be the chance to chat with other members over a tee or coffee.
We have 3 speakers this month as well as a discussion on communication from the camino back to Australia and the opportunity for any questions.
The new badges will be available at a cost of $9.50 each and will also have examples of hats, caps and shirts that can be ordered.
Look forward to seeing you.
Buen camino, Llew

Thanks Llew for info and thanks Hunsta for directing us to this page. Unfortunately we can't make this meeting, but I'll watch the thread and hopefully we can get to the next one. We're planning to walk from Sarria to Santiago in May.

I start in St Jean on may 7th. I'd say you will finish long before I do.
Buen Camino
Thanks Llew for info and thanks Hunsta for directing us to this page. Unfortunately we can't make this meeting, but I'll watch the thread and hopefully we can get to the next one. We're planning to walk from Sarria to Santiago in May.

The next gathering of the Sunshine Coast Camino group is to be held at 2.00pm sunday 8 March at the Mudjimba Commuity hall, 41 Cottontree Street, Mudjimba.
Note the change from our usual venue, the North Shore Community hall which was double booked. As we have had to hire this hall would appreciate a gold coin donation to help with the cost.
Bring a plate as at the conclusion of the meeting there will be the chance to chat with other members over a tee or coffee.
We have 3 speakers this month as well as a discussion on communication from the camino back to Australia and the opportunity for any questions.
The new badges will be available at a cost of $9.50 each and will also have examples of hats, caps and shirts that can be ordered.
Look forward to seeing you.
Buen camino, Llew

Hi Llew, I came up to attend the meeting on the 8th but think I had a mix up with the venue from an old thread and could not find you. My apologies as I really wanted to be there. I hope it went well. Please let me know when there is another meeting. I now leave for the Camino Frances on the 25th April. Regards, Dave

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hola Craig! I am hoping to fly out a few days before you on the 26th April, spend a day in Paris and one full day in Saint-Jean and then begin my walk on the 30th April. I look forward to catching up at the meeting.
Buen Camino
Dave
Sorry I missed you Craig. I came up for the meeting on the 8th but had a mix up with the venue from an old thread. My fault for not paying better attention. I hope it went well? I start walking from Saint Jean on the 29th or 30th April. There is a good chance we might pass each other on the road as I am doing mine over 40 day. Hope to see you there! Regards, Dave

Sorry I missed you Craig. I came up for the meeting on the 8th but had a mix up with the venue from an old thread. My fault for not paying better attention. I hope it went well? I start walking from Saint Jean on the 29th or 30th April. There is a good chance we might pass each other on the road as I am doing mine over 40 day. Hope to see you there! Regards, Dave
Hey Dave I did wonder what happened to you and thought you may have gone to the wrong address. There may be a chance we may cross paths, but I fear you starting a week ahead of me and me taking about the same amount to do the walk it may take me walking double my speed or you resting up for a week to meet. Either way, Buen Camino my friend.
Craig

Hi Llew, I came up to attend the meeting on the 8th but think I had a mix up with the venue from an old thread and could not find you. My apologies as I really wanted to be there. I hope it went well. Please let me know when there is another meeting. I now leave for the Camino Frances on the 25th April. Regards, Dave
Hi Dave,
Last meeting was at Mudjimba Community hall which is about 5 minutes from our usual venue which is North Shore Community hall.
All the very best for your camino. I am sure you will enjoy every day and every step. Buen camino, Llew

Hi Dave,
Last meeting was at Mudjimba Community hall which is about 5 minutes from our usual venue which is North Shore Community hall.
All the very best for your camino. I am sure you will enjoy every day and every step. Buen camino, Llew
Even though your stepping back a bit from the group Llew, I think that venue we were at last meeting was a much better place with friendlier facilties. Good to have a chinwag and coffee after.
Craig

Even though your stepping back a bit from the group Llew, I think that venue we were at last meeting was a much better place with friendlier facilties. Good to have a chinwag and coffee after.
Craig
Was good but downsides are we have to pay, no projector or screen (and had a job getting them) and hall is not always available.
We can have drink and chat at North Shore hall and is something we should look to do after each gathering. Llew

Hi Dave,
Thank you Llew and apologies again for my mixup with the venue. Regards, Dave

Hey Dave I did wonder what happened to you and thought you may have gone to the wrong address. There may be a chance we may cross paths, but I fear you starting a week ahead of me and me taking about the same amount to do the walk it may take me walking double my speed or you resting up for a week to meet. Either way, Buen Camino my friend.
Craig
I plan to arrive at Santiago on Thursday the 4th June Craig. I want to be in the pilgrims mass on Friday 5th April to witness the botafumeiro. I hope that you enjoy your Camino too Craig. Buen Camino to you as well my friend!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back