• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Super Moon, Eclipse, Blood Moon, and ...the Camino? (Equipment)

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
I hope those walking the Camino were able to observe last evening's heavenly delights before the albergue gate slammed shut. Here in Jerusalem it occurred at 0530, not my favorite hour but I'm not complaining the event was quite amazing. Yesterday afternoon went down to my Camino stuff already laid on the bed in the spare bedroom and dug out my pocket binoculars, Nikon T01, strength 10X21. Camino? For sure! I usually walk in the spring-lots of birds and one is able to peek up and into the stork's (cigüeña) nests on the steeples and see the goslings (cigogneaux in French anyone know in Spanish?). I also take the binoculars in order to see the finer details in churches, the capitals of Romanesque pillars, the ceilings, the higher bits of a retablo, sculptures high up on the outside walls - all in comfort of a front row pew and resulting in no crick in the neck!!! Heartily recommended don't weigh anything and increase the enjoyment more than 10X21!
We of the Jewish faith have a modern blessing, pronounced when seeing the New Moon, the Full Moon, an eclipse of the sun or the moon, or during a particularly moving sun/moon rise or sun/moonset. "Blessed be ye the Lord, King of the Earth, for this Radiance which you have put in the Heavens". Certainly applicable this morning.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Thank you for posting this -- I had moved my binoculars to the "delete" list to save 145g. Guess I'll move them back to the "other" list....

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back