• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Super-sized credencials?

Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018, (2019)
I am about to embark on a camino that will exceed the number of spaces for sellos on any credencial I've used to date. I know it's easy just to take 2 credencials for the trip, but I would prefer to use a single one (with ~55 spaces), if possible. It needs to be recognised as an "official" document by the cathedral authorities, too. Is there one out there?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What I do, is get 2 or 3 or more, cut the covers off the extra one(s), then use paper glue (good quality white glue is best) to stick them together to make one larger one. It's easy to do, just stick the back of each second page to the front of the last page of the previous credencial, so that you get an uninterrupted sequence of blank pages inside. Last time I used 5 or 6.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am about to embark on a camino that will exceed the number of spaces for sellos on any credencial I've used to date. I know it's easy just to take 2 credencials for the trip, but I would prefer to use a single one (with ~55 spaces), if possible. It needs to be recognised as an "official" document by the cathedral authorities, too. Is there one out there?
Photocopy some of the pages and stick or staple them into the credencial booklet.

Our old style CSJ (UK) credenciales could be asked for with 90 spaces. They are only available for members and were still available 'while stocks last' earlier in the year. The new concertina type is available to anyone and has 56 spaces Otherwise the best solution is to ask for enough of the same type to cut and stick into a long fold out credencial. CSJ credencials are recognised officially.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
For the record, all of my homemade credentials, super-sized and small have been officially accepted at the Pilgrims' Office.

Just pick it up at your starting point. If that is SJPP, you can get one when you register at the Pilgrim Office.
Same in Roncesvalles. In Pamplona you can get one at the Albergue.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, yes there is, I have just received my Credencial del Peregrino from the Confraternity of St James of South Africa, and it has 90 (ninety :)) BIG spaces :D:cool::p
Jill

I used the South Africa Credential for my first 4 Caminos. I was the first (only?) American member at that time.

I have adapted standard credentials in subsequent years and probably paid less attention to sellos so the number of spaces was less important.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Hi Sheffield James,
Good luck on that one! What a terrific record of Caminos completed. I completed my first 2016 St Jean Pied de Port to Santiuago. It was a wonderful experience and I am now planning my second, probably Del Niort.

Buen Camino ..............Rotherham Peter

Homemade credencials are nog accepted anymore! You can buy credencials in the shop of this forum!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Sheffield James,
Good luck on that one! What a terrific record of Caminos completed. I completed my first 2016 St Jean Pied de Port to Santiuago. It was a wonderful experience and I am now planning my second, probably Del Niort.

Buen Camino ..............Rotherham Peter

Thanks for the kind words, Peter. You may have noted that the del Norte is not on the list, so it's my turn now to turn the admiration in your direction.

BTW, are you aware of the Ultreia Mancunia camino-group that attracts members from across the north of England. They're holding a pilgrims' day in April that you would probably enjoy. Burn Camino, James.

Our old style CSJ (UK) credenciales could be asked for with 90 spaces. They are only available for members and were still available 'while stocks last' earlier in the year. The new concertina type is available to anyone and has 56 spaces Otherwise the best solution is to ask for enough of the same type to cut and stick into a long fold out credencial. CSJ credencials are recognised officially.
On my last two Caminos I used the old style CJS (UK) Pilgrims record / credencial in my first I collected 92 stamps, the second, I added extra photocopy pages and collected 133 stamps, this year I have the new concertina CJS type, and have added extra photocopy pages, to make space for a 152 stamps I just hope I manage to collect them all. --- I have this thing about stamps.

Last edited:
On my last two Caminos I used the old style CJS (UK) Pilgrims record / credencial in my first I collected 92 stamps, the second, I added extra photocopy pages and collected 133 stamps, this year I have the new concertina CJS type, and have added extra photocopy pages, to make space for a 152 stamps I just hope I manage to collect them all. --- I have this thing about stamps.

Hi Freespirit

That looks like an interesting purpoose made "stick". Did you craft it yourself?

Peter

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for the kind words, Peter. You may have noted that the del Norte is not on the list, so it's my turn now to turn the admiration in your direction.

BTW, are you aware of the Ultreia Mancunia camino-group that attracts members from across the north of England. They're holding a pilgrims' day in April that you would probably enjoy. Burn Camino, James.

Hi James............Thank you for te information about Ultreia Mancunia Camino group. Iwill look into it. Buen Camino

Hi Freespirit

That looks like an interesting purpoose made "stick". Did you craft it yourself?

Peter
Hi Peter ,yes I did craft it myself ,have made a different one for each Camino, and try and fill them up with walking stick badges ,when ever I can find a place that sells them,,, PS as with my above post on credencials and stamps--- I also have this thing about Walking sticks.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.