• Missing the daily forum e-mail? Subscribe again.
  • All Wise Pilgrim Guides now come with a free Finisterre/Muxia Guide.
    Order online or pick one up at Casa Ivar in Santiago if that is easier.
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Support for perigrinos in the North East of England

Daxzentzu

Camino(s) past & future
FRANCES (2018) in planning
I've returned to the UK from living and working in India and I'm ready to finish the planning for my pilgrimage and start before the end of the year.

Are there any perigrinos out there that would wish to meet, to share fellowship, share facts and insights for the newbie

Advertisment

anthonymhughes

Irish lad heading back for more Camino!
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Frances & Camino Portuguese (Aug-? 2018)
Unfortunately I'm not in the NE of England; I'm Irish. I did the Camino Frances in 2015 from St Jean to Finisterre and am departing on my second Camino Frances on Thursday to Santiago and then continue on to do the Camino Portuguese (Hopefully/if financially viable!). Although relatively inexperienced as a hiker, I'd be glad to share my Camino experience, advice and stories with you. I traveled alone for the camino but I met friends that I now still speak to most days online. Send a message if you want info/advice. I kinda envy you if this is your first camino, my first was hands down the best experience of my life.

Daxzentzu

Camino(s) past & future
Unfortunately I'm not in the NE of England; I'm Irish. I did the Camino Frances in 2015 from St Jean to Finisterre and am departing on my second Camino Frances on Thursday to Santiago and then continue on to do the Camino Portuguese (Hopefully/if financially viable!). Although relatively inexperienced as a hiker, I'd be glad to share my Camino experience, advice and stories with you. I traveled alone for the camino but I met friends that I now still speak to most days online. Send a message if you want info/advice. I kinda envy you if this is your first camino, my first was hands down the best experience of my life.
thank you for your generous offer

may I ask what time of year did you go and how many days did it take

Advertisment

anthonymhughes

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015)
thank you for your generous offer

may I ask what time of year did you go and how many days did it take
It was somewhere between late June and early August I think. Probably the peak time but never had any problems with accommodation etc. When are you thinking of starting?

Daxzentzu

Camino(s) past & future
It was somewhere between late June and early August I think. Probably the peak time but never had any problems with accommodation etc. When are you thinking of starting?
Early October, I have some prep to complete and I am creating a gap in my schedule

how long did the FC take you

anthonymhughes

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015)
Early October, I have some prep to complete and I am creating a gap in my schedule

how long did the FC take you
to the best of my memory, 32 days to Santiago and 2 or 3 days to finisterre

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Camino Inglés 2018

Now: http://egeria.house/
thank you there's no activity within 150 miles of me
Have you seen the note on the bottom saying "Remember too, that we have regional groups who organise their own activities. Get in touch with the office to find out where you nearest group is; or if you’d like to start your own!"

Also, forum member @Sheffield James might be able to help you ;-)

Buen Camino, SY

Daxzentzu

Camino(s) past & future
I'm not in the NE England but SE Scotland, just North of Berwick upon Tweed. I have walked the Frances and Via de la Plata, I walk pretty quickly and did St Jean to Santiago in 22 days.
thank you

id like to see if we can get a group together to meet and share

may i please stay in touch

Houlet

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2014
Via de la Plata 2015
Camino Sanabres 2015
Camino Norde 2017
thank you

id like to see if we can get a group together to meet and share

may i please stay in touch
Of course, roughly where are you? obviously no need to be too specific.

Houlet

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2014
Via de la Plata 2015
Camino Sanabres 2015
Camino Norde 2017

alansykes

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Except the Francés
I've returned to the UK from living and working in India and I'm ready to finish the planning for my pilgrimage and start before the end of the year.

Are there any perigrinos out there that would wish to meet, to share fellowship, share facts and insights for the newbie
I visit Newcastle most weeks and would be happy to meet for a chat.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
thank you there's no activity within 150 miles of me

i think that id like to reach out and if there are any peregrinos near me to get something going here
You could always start up your own Camino Facebook group.. I did when I returned from my Camino and now have almost three thousand members. So much support has come from this and, you may also be surprised to find out that there are other people near you who are also looking out for local company, encouragement and support. All good wishes.

Daxzentzu

Camino(s) past & future
You could always start up your own Camino Facebook group.. I did when I returned from my Camino and now have almost three thousand members. So much support has come from this and, you may also be surprised to find out that there are other people near you who are also looking out for local company, encouragement and support. All good wishes.
Facebook may be an option for consideration

Personally, Facebook is not for me

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances(2008) Leon to Santiago
Camino Portugues (2011) Oporto to Santiago
Camino Ingles (May 2017) Ferrol to Santiago

I organise a walking trip every other year with my mates and we are based in Co. Durham. We have done the Camino Frances from Leon in 2008, the Camino Portugues from Porto in 2011 and the Camino Ingles last year from Ferrol.
If you forward your contact details, we could perhaps arrange to meet up?

Camino(s) past & future
France 05/2018 & Portugues 09/2018

Hi I walked St Jean PDP to Santiago in May/June and I am going to walk Lisbon to Santigo in Mid September. I live in West Yorkshire is any use!

Camino(s) past & future
Camin0 Frances (2004, 2008), Camino Portugues (2010), Camino del Norte (2012) Via de la Plata planing April92014), CaminoiPortugues (2015.)
we live in Yorkshire, near Harrogate , we have walked several Caminos, and I have been Hospitalera as well,
so get in touch and we can chat

andywild

Camino(s) past & future
april '2018'
I'm near Grimsby!! I don't really think that statement needed the exclamation marks but it just looked a little sad without them.

Camino(s) past & future
"June 2018"
Hi dax im from the north east and walked the camino frances in may june 2018 unfortunately i used all my holiday allowance from work and my shifts dont allow for much time off but i am available on here for advice and sharing info on my journey if you require any

kalavati

One more time!
Camino(s) past & future
May (2014), Camino Frances, SJPdP 28 April. to Muxia
May (2016)- Again,better rain gear

I'm Canadian, but live in Kerala, S.India, at Amritapuri Ashram. I'm starting my 3rd Camino Frances, sept 7th from SJPdP....

Most read today

Live - Camino Portugues It begins
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.7%