• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Support for perigrinos in the North East of England

Daxzentzu

Time of past OR future Camino
FRANCES (2018) in planning
I've returned to the UK from living and working in India and I'm ready to finish the planning for my pilgrimage and start before the end of the year.

Are there any perigrinos out there that would wish to meet, to share fellowship, share facts and insights for the newbie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Unfortunately I'm not in the NE of England; I'm Irish. I did the Camino Frances in 2015 from St Jean to Finisterre and am departing on my second Camino Frances on Thursday to Santiago and then continue on to do the Camino Portuguese (Hopefully/if financially viable!). Although relatively inexperienced as a hiker, I'd be glad to share my Camino experience, advice and stories with you. I traveled alone for the camino but I met friends that I now still speak to most days online. Send a message if you want info/advice. I kinda envy you if this is your first camino, my first was hands down the best experience of my life.

Unfortunately I'm not in the NE of England; I'm Irish. I did the Camino Frances in 2015 from St Jean to Finisterre and am departing on my second Camino Frances on Thursday to Santiago and then continue on to do the Camino Portuguese (Hopefully/if financially viable!). Although relatively inexperienced as a hiker, I'd be glad to share my Camino experience, advice and stories with you. I traveled alone for the camino but I met friends that I now still speak to most days online. Send a message if you want info/advice. I kinda envy you if this is your first camino, my first was hands down the best experience of my life.

thank you for your generous offer

may I ask what time of year did you go and how many days did it take

thank you for your generous offer

may I ask what time of year did you go and how many days did it take

It was somewhere between late June and early August I think. Probably the peak time but never had any problems with accommodation etc. When are you thinking of starting?

It was somewhere between late June and early August I think. Probably the peak time but never had any problems with accommodation etc. When are you thinking of starting?

Early October, I have some prep to complete and I am creating a gap in my schedule

how long did the FC take you

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
thank you there's no activity within 150 miles of me

Have you seen the note on the bottom saying "Remember too, that we have regional groups who organise their own activities. Get in touch with the office to find out where you nearest group is; or if you’d like to start your own!"

Also, forum member @Sheffield James might be able to help you ;-)

Buen Camino, SY

I'm not in the NE England but SE Scotland, just North of Berwick upon Tweed. I have walked the Frances and Via de la Plata, I walk pretty quickly and did St Jean to Santiago in 22 days.

I'm not in the NE England but SE Scotland, just North of Berwick upon Tweed. I have walked the Frances and Via de la Plata, I walk pretty quickly and did St Jean to Santiago in 22 days.

thank you

id like to see if we can get a group together to meet and share

may i please stay in touch

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
thank you

id like to see if we can get a group together to meet and share

may i please stay in touch

Of course, roughly where are you? obviously no need to be too specific.

I've returned to the UK from living and working in India and I'm ready to finish the planning for my pilgrimage and start before the end of the year.

Are there any perigrinos out there that would wish to meet, to share fellowship, share facts and insights for the newbie
I visit Newcastle most weeks and would be happy to meet for a chat.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Can't resist the idea of a Barking Owl... and as the owl flies, how long would it take you, Houlet?!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
That's a new one.

Since AD 995 Durham is well known as the resting place of the mortal remains of St Cuthbert

thank you there's no activity within 150 miles of me

i think that id like to reach out and if there are any peregrinos near me to get something going here
You could always start up your own Camino Facebook group.. I did when I returned from my Camino and now have almost three thousand members. So much support has come from this and, you may also be surprised to find out that there are other people near you who are also looking out for local company, encouragement and support. All good wishes.

You could always start up your own Camino Facebook group.. I did when I returned from my Camino and now have almost three thousand members. So much support has come from this and, you may also be surprised to find out that there are other people near you who are also looking out for local company, encouragement and support. All good wishes.

Facebook may be an option for consideration

Personally, Facebook is not for me

I organise a walking trip every other year with my mates and we are based in Co. Durham. We have done the Camino Frances from Leon in 2008, the Camino Portugues from Porto in 2011 and the Camino Ingles last year from Ferrol.
If you forward your contact details, we could perhaps arrange to meet up?

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Hi I walked St Jean PDP to Santiago in May/June and I am going to walk Lisbon to Santigo in Mid September. I live in West Yorkshire is any use!

we live in Yorkshire, near Harrogate , we have walked several Caminos, and I have been Hospitalera as well,
so get in touch and we can chat

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi dax im from the north east and walked the camino frances in may june 2018 unfortunately i used all my holiday allowance from work and my shifts dont allow for much time off but i am available on here for advice and sharing info on my journey if you require any

I'm Canadian, but live in Kerala, S.India, at Amritapuri Ashram. I'm starting my 3rd Camino Frances, sept 7th from SJPdP....

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We are in the SW and also had few meetings near us several years ago.
We organised a get together in the Cathedral cafe in Exeter, very informal. We now meet about twice a year near Exeter at Darts Farm. It is surprising how many come along - smallest group was about 4 or 5 of us and the largest was 17! Some 'veterans' and some future pilgrims.
You might like to try something similar where you know the venue can cope with a group sitting and drinking coffee and having snacks around the middle of the day.
I think another area met in a pub.
We post our get-together here on the forum and also have run a couple of joint CSJ/Forum meetings more formally using local church facilities.
Hope you can meet with some fellow pilgrims
Buen Camino

A good friend shared these words today - they have informed and supported her life for 40+ years.

I think they will assist my mind state on my Camino pilgrimage

“Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.”

Desiderata by Max Ehrmann.[1]

A selection of Camino Jewellery

HI - Please can you contact me re setting up a Camino Group in the NE?
nedspencer@point-systems.co.uk

HI - Please can you contact me re setting up a Camino Group in the NE?
nedspencer@point-systems.co.uk
Hi Ned, if there's any updates on a NE group could you please let me know? I'm currently east coast but can travel if there's wine involved. I see you're from Wilmslow. I have a ton of family there, I used to go to fulshaw primary !

Hi Ned, if there's any updates on a NE group could you please let me know? I'm currently east coast but can travel if there's wine involved. I see you're from Wilmslow. I have a ton of family there, I used to go to fulshaw primary !
Yes - CSJ keen to help you set up a group
Can you contact me to progress via e-mail

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

I live in Wetherby and I have ample experience ...

Hi I live near Dewsbury, I have walked 3 Camino's in the last 2 years SJPDP to Santiago twice and Lisbon to Santiago. I will be walking the Via de la Plata route next no date set.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back