• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Supported bike trip -- Vdlp from Sevilla

peregrina2000

Staff member
I have a friend who is interested in cycling the Via de la Plata, but with a group. She doesn't fancy the "self-guided" and "fix your own broken brakes" approach, but would like the luxury of a group leader, transported bags, hotels, etc. I don't have any advice to give her as this is not the way I do my caminos, but I'd like to try to help.

Can anyone recommend companies that do this? I've searched the forum a bit and have found CaminoWays mentioned, but I'm not sure they do a guided trip from Sevilla. Any other suggestions? Many thanks, buen camino, Laurie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have a friend who is interested in cycling the Via de la Plata, but with a group. She doesn't fancy the "self-guided" and "fix your own broken brakes" approach, but would like the luxury of a group leader, transported bags, hotels, etc. I don't have any advice to give her as this is not the way I do my caminos, but I'd like to try to help.

Can anyone recommend companies that do this? I've searched the forum a bit and have found CaminoWays mentioned, but I'm not sure they do a guided trip from Sevilla. Any other suggestions? Many thanks, buen camino, Laurie

Hi Laurie,

We are a UK based company, taking a small group to the Camino in September 2015 . Along with my Spanish partner , we run trips like this annually - the motivation for us is our own involvement as enthusiasts - we provide a professional support service with guides, vehicles and pretty much anything your friend might need. The size of our groups also means we have more flexibility in terms of the pace of the day. That said, our trip is pretty demanding and needs a certain level of fitness/preparation before hand. Here are the details http://www.db63velo.com/camino-2015/4587415685

Hope we can help

Dan

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hola Dan - I am planning to ride/cycle from Pamplona to Finisterre over about 20-24 days depending upon the number of rest days and weather. I am looking at arounf 40 km per day. So my question to you is - why do you plan to have your group riding between 45 and 70 miles (say 70 km to 90 km) per day. Coming from Australia I am not sure if I will be back on the Camino - but do hope to return - so I have rest days at Burgos & Leon and two days in Santiago. Just my thoughts (not critizing your approach). If you were planning the VDLP I would strongly recommend rest days in Merida and Salamanca (that is if you were planning to do the whole 1100 km in one hit). Cheers

Thanks for the info Mike. We are actually not planning the VDLP and would probably manage that dependent upon the group if we did. Your tips are useful. Our own trip is essentially intended to be tough but over any day can be at a very slow pace, there is time for respite throughout if needed too.

Most read last week in this forum

I have walked several caminos since 2013 and am hoping to experience the Primitivo in September. Recently I have developed a nasty intermittent pain in the ball of my feet, especially the left...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back