A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Survey from Grañón

julie

The link below is to a pilgrim survey being conducted by the parroquial pilgrim’s hospital of San Juan Bautista in Grañón in coordination with the Youth Pastoral Commision in the Diocese of La Rioja. It is open to anybody who has walked the Camino.

From the introduction:
While this pandemic lasts, we are unable to walk the Pilgrim’s Way physically, but previous memories will always bring back The Camino. We do not know when or under which conditions the Authorities will grant us permission to open the albergues again, but we can use this lockdown time to brainstorm, to gather ideas and suggestions, and, at the same time, to help pilgrims to recall and process their previous pilgrimages.

https://docs.google.com/forms/u/1/d/1ejkh1Yn9y4nVJG2eaV4VCQeCU04ozUJbQZ7CgW2Przg/edit?usp=drive_web

Camino(s) past & future
CF in sections 2019/2020
I indeed had a memorable nigth last November 2019. I was able to donate directly to the Church and albergue via the following Spanish Church donation site:

I believe you do need a Europan IBAN and BIC banknumber. Furthermore the Dutch postal code did not work, so I just used the Spanish one for San Juan Batista.

Attachments

tpmchugh

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Frances (2016)
Camino Frances (2018}
The link below is to a pilgrim survey being conducted by the parroquial pilgrim’s hospital of San Juan Bautista in Grañón in coordination with the Youth Pastoral Commision in the Diocese of La Rioja. It is open to anybody who has walked the Camino.

From the introduction:
While this pandemic lasts, we are unable to walk the Pilgrim’s Way physically, but previous memories will always bring back The Camino. We do not know when or under which conditions the Authorities will grant us permission to open the albergues again, but we can use this lockdown time to brainstorm, to gather ideas and suggestions, and, at the same time, to help pilgrims to recall and process their previous pilgrimages.

https://docs.google.com/forms/u/1/d/1ejkh1Yn9y4nVJG2eaV4VCQeCU04ozUJbQZ7CgW2Przg/edit?usp=drive_web
done

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo (2018)
Primitivo (2019)
Invierno (2019)
Del Baztan (2020)

From the introduction:

Done! I loved this.

Camino(s) past & future
CF Sep/Oct 2015
C Primitivo Sep / Oct 2016
Portugese Sep/Oct 2017
VdlP, Muxia 2018

From the introduction:

Submitted. Thank you. this was a good set of questions

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2017
Thanks, Julie. Survey completed. I stayed overnight in Grañon on May 4, 2017. It was quite chilly, and I was cold in the late afternoon. Most of the pilgrims were keen on staying at the Parish Albergue in the annex to the Church of St. John. When I learned there were no blankets, I opted to stay up the street at the Casa Rural Grañon where there were four blankets in my room and thirsty towels. Turned out that until I arrived in Santiago these were the most expensive accommodations in which I stayed.

Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Francais: 2002, 2012, 2019. (Future Ingles, Primitivo, Portuguese in 2021)
Done -- wow, that was not only fun, it gave me a chance to think about my answers as they will be read by a stranger. It really brought home how grateful I am to the Camino and its ever-giving gifts. I realized I had started to think of having the Camino "in my back pocket, could go at any time, oh, here, let me try this route". Having Coronavus "yanking away" these options brought me up short: wait a minute, I've been taking the Camino for granted, haven't I! My last two Caminos I walked becsuse of personal boredom and restlessness and from each one, I returned home early. I had fallen into the 'adventure' trap and forgotten the 'spiritual' journey. Next time, April 2021, I intend a spiritual adventure!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
All done. Thank you

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2017
That was a lovely survey. It really did make you think. I miss Spain.
Sorely. As it is likely impossible for any of us not to think about the Camino at a given moment (s) during the day, a constant for me these days is thinking about the people who befriended us along the way, and wondering whether they are okay during the pandemic. I want to see them all well in 2022. May it be so.

GailGwyn

Camino(s) past & future
part Camino Frances (2013), Part Camino Norte (2014)Camino Frances (2019)Camino Portuguese (2020)

From the introduction:

Done

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances & to Finisterre (2009), Camino Podiensis (2011), Aussie Camino (2018)
Done as you hoped Julie.

Thomas1962

Camino(s) past & future
2010/2011/2012/2013: Madrid -Salvador -Primitivo 2014: EPW 2015: Amsterdam - SdC
I did too the survey but was really surprised by the questions, to me they didn't match at all the introduction but asked about my personal religious experience and about what 'the youth' can do for pilgrims.

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Camino(s) past & future
CF - sections and whole (2012-2019) and part VF (2017)
‘Completed the survey Julie. I loved Granon - it was a very special experience - one that stays with me.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
Done. It made me think though.

Pia Valbak Schmidt

Pilgrim, DK, Caminos 2007,09,11,12,13,14.15,16,18
Camino(s) past & future
2007,2009,2011,2012,2013,2014.2015,2016,2018. Hospitalera 2012,2013,2014,2016,2017
The survey done, hope it can be useful 🍀 🙂

Roland49

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2019 July
Done, too.

As I mentioned, the stay in Grañon was one of the highlights of my Camino.

Lydia Gillen

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2007/8/9, 2011 , 2012/13/14. C.F 2015
Camino Portugues 2017,2018,2019
volunteering
Granon is my favorite of all albergues. May God bless all who have given their time to be hospiladeros there.

Thomas@Albany

Camino(s) past & future
First Part Oct. 5 2018 (StJ)-Oct. 19 (Boadillo); 2nd Part May 5 (Boadilla) to May 26, 2019.
I stayed in Granon the night of Oct. 14 to 15, 2018. I must say that most albergues were memorable, some more, some less, but this night was the best of my journey. I think preparing the food as group (I peeled potatoes for 30) and then cleaning together, instead of only eating together, brought all pilgrims more together. The night service was healing, I was able to start accepting some painful recent changes in my life. My love to all!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock