• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Suseia Bracelet

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Jet gems are mined only in a few places, so it can be expensive. It also can be fake!!

They say in the advertisement, it's made from DIRT from the Camino.
How many of the beads are actually jet?
Who knows, but I make jewelry and that probably costs them about $15 to make.
That said, you can't put a price on art.
If you love it, buy it.

I'd like to know how they get dirt from the Camino into Australia? Just curious.

Here are some jet bracelets from Santiago:
https://joyasdelcamino.com/gb/joyas-camino-santiago-plata-azabache.html

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have the men's version of it and I love it:) - as Anniesantiago said you can't put a price on art if you love it buy it. For me it is meaningful and provides a nice reminder of the camino to me. I'm not an art expert, but the quality of it seems very good to me. I trust they have done what they said and 3 of the beads are made from camino dirt and blessed in the cathedral - certainly wouldn't be in the pilgrim spirit to be dishonest about such a thing - but only the maker's of it really know I suppose... Regardless i'm quite happy with it - to each his own:)

They say in the advertisement, it's made from DIRT from the Camino.
How many of the beads are actually jet?
It says that only three of the beads are made from dirt.
Here's a picture showing the entire bracelet.
bracelet.jpg
Personally, I'd buy a bracelet that I like in Santiago - it would have more meaning for me if I purchased it there.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I completed my Camino in May this year walking from St Jean to Finistere and Muxia. While in Santiago I looked at numerous bracelets and pendants, but as I'm really not a wearer of jewellery, I didn't purchase one. However, when I arrived back home in Australia I felt there was something missing and needed to keep a connection with the Camino. After hearing a podcast and mention of the bracelet, I went online to check it out. I was so impressed that there were the three beads made of dirt from the Camino and representing the Pyrenees, Meseta and Galicia and that the bracelet was blessed in the Cathedral in Santiago de Compostela that I just had to buy one. Which I did.
However, to my surprise it was delivered within a week and it came to me from Lennox Head in Northern NSW.
I have questioned how this could be. As the video shows the bracelets, in their soft pouches, being blessed (I would presume in Santiago as per the video) yet, the bracelets are specifically made to measure for each individual. And I also was curious how dirt could be brought into Australia from overseas.
To my disappointment I haven't heard back.
I am still wearing my bracelet but it dosen't hold the same meaning now that I was hoping for :(

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Africa and DMSyracuse,

My wife makes the bracelets, the three beads are indeed made from earth taken from the Camino have been blessed in the Cathedral in Santiago.

My wife and I moved from Santiago (where she is from and we lived till recently) to have our second baby.

So thats why they were posted from Australia.

The Camino earth and beads were imported into Australia via the usual means- through customs. Not an easy process but one that we did, as thats what makes the beads so unique. There aren't two made exactly the same, anywhere in the world.

The black beads are Azabache and sourced locally from Santiago, as are the pendants.

I'm a bit confused as I havent received any messages from you regarding your questions, I am always more than happy to answer any enquiries from Pilgrims, so I apologise that this mis-communication has occurred.

As for the other negative comments- I know Ivar (lovely chap) and anyone who actually knows me understands what I do for the Pilgrim Community, through my Pilgrim Coaching, Post Camino Support Group and podcast.

So you are entitled to your opinion, I am far too busy serving the Pilgrim Community to give it any further attention to be honest.

If anyone wants to contact me can do so via my website- https://projectcamino.com/contact/

Buen Camino!

Brendan.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I completed my Camino in May this year walking from St Jean to Finistere and Muxia. While in Santiago I looked at numerous bracelets and pendants, but as I'm really not a wearer of jewellery, I didn't purchase one. However, when I arrived back home in Australia I felt there was something missing and needed to keep a connection with the Camino. After hearing a podcast and mention of the bracelet, I went online to check it out. I was so impressed that there were the three beads made of dirt from the Camino and representing the Pyrenees, Meseta and Galicia and that the bracelet was blessed in the Cathedral in Santiago de Compostela that I just had to buy one. Which I did.
However, to my surprise it was delivered within a week and it came to me from Lennox Head in Northern NSW.
I have questioned how this could be. As the video shows the bracelets, in their soft pouches, being blessed (I would presume in Santiago as per the video) yet, the bracelets are specifically made to measure for each individual. And I also was curious how dirt could be brought into Australia from overseas.
I am still wearing my bracelet but it dosen't hold the same meaning now that I was hoping for :(

Last edited:

@Africa , in your original post in this thread (yesterday), you said you were thinking of purchasing one of these bracelets, and asked whether anyone had done so (and said the video looked great). Then today, in your next post you say you ordered one and have already received it. Which is it? I had to re-read your first post because I thought I must have misread the date on it - your statement that you are thinking about buying one is a bit confusing. I also looked at the website and I don't think it actually says the bracelets are made to measure - it says to tell them if you want one smaller or larger than standard. Presumably they can alter the sizing where necessary.

Anyway, @Brendan@ProjectCamino has replied to you so hopefully this has answered some of your questions. Still not sure why you said you were thinking of purchasing the bracelet yesterday though...

@Africa , in your original post in this thread (yesterday), you said you were thinking of purchasing one of these bracelets, and asked whether anyone had done so (and said the video looked great). Then today, in your next post you say you ordered one and have already received it. Which is it? I had to re-read your first post because I thought I must have misread the date on it - your statement that you are thinking about buying one is a bit confusing. I also looked at the website and I don't think it actually says the bracelets are made to measure - it says to tell them if you want one smaller or larger than standard. Presumably they can alter the sizing where necessary.

Anyway, @Brendan@ProjectCamino has replied to you so hopefully this has answered some of your questions. Still not sure why you said you were thinking of purchasing the bracelet yesterday though...

Ohoho, I get that. It is easier to ask a general question like would you buy this? because that will yield clear answers. It is far more difficult to admit that you feel unhappy about a purchase. Plus posters may try to console you instead of giving their honest opinion about the product.

Africa, you know how it goes on this forum. It is a Camino forum after all. You may never be quite happy with this bracelet unless you walk another camino wearing it, have it purified in the incense of the Botafumeiro and receive a blessing from a priest together. You don't have to believe this. But perhaps the idea appeals to you. *wink*

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Africa and DMSyracuse,

My wife makes the bracelets, the three beads are indeed made from earth taken from the Camino have been blessed in the Cathedral in Santiago.

My wife and I moved from Santiago (where she is from and we lived till recently) to have our second baby.

So thats why they were posted from Australia.

The Camino earth and beads were imported into Australia via the usual means- through customs. Not an easy process but one that we did, as thats what makes the beads so unique. There aren't two made exactly the same, anywhere in the world.

The black beads are Azabache and sourced locally from Santiago, as are the pendants.

I'm a bit confused as I havent received any messages from you regarding your questions, I am always more than happy to answer any enquiries from Pilgrims, so I apologise that this mis-communication has occurred.

As for the other negative comments- I know Ivar (lovely chap) and anyone who actually knows me understands what I do for the Pilgrim Community, through my Pilgrim Coaching, Post Camino Support Group and podcast.

So you are entitled to your opinion, I am far too busy serving the Pilgrim Community to give it any further attention to be honest.

If anyone wants to contact me can do so via my website- https://projectcamino.com/contact/

Buen Camino!

Brendan.
Thanks for posting Brendan and please do give my compliments to your wife. I wear my bracelet all the time and love it. It's definitely special to me, a constant visual reminder of the camino which is always with me internally and to hear your words confirming how they are made makes them even more special. Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back