• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

SW of UK to Sarria

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
We have two friends who may be joining the Camino at Sarria. Flying out of Stanstead is not practical/cost effective from the far SW of the UK.
Apart from the ferry to Santander does anyone know of flights from Exeter or maybe Bristol to Santander or Santiago itself.
If using ferry or flight to Santander what are the easiest transport options to reach Sarria?
We have only ever gone to Oviedo ourselves by public transport, or wandered back from Santiago after our pilgrimage.
Thank you

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm pretty sure there aren't any flights from the south west to that end of the Camino (or indeed any part of the Frances). The only flights I know of apart from Ryanair is Vueling from Heathrow to A Coruna if that helps at all. At least it's closer to the train line from the SW and times may suit better. Buen Camino!

Thanks. They might be best on the ferry and then train or bus in Spain. I know it is difficult flying from the SW. One of the reasons we use the ferry.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Valerie, have you tried looking at the Eroski camino pages they give details of transport to Sarria. It is not an easy place to get to, I dont think there any Alsa buses going there, the options seem to be Empressa and Monobus. There is a Renfe train from Madrid (about 50-60 euros), that would mean getting the easyjet flight from Bristol to Madrid. If they do go by ferry they would be able to get an alsa bus to lugo from Santander, from lugo they can get local buses and trains.

Good luck

Thanks Mike. Just what they need to know.

Hi, Easyjet start flying to Santiago from 18 June but they don't fly everyday and departure times vary on the days they do fly.

More importantly, Gatwick can be accessed fairly easily by train from Clapham Junction on the South West trains Exeter - Waterloo line or from Reading on the GW line.

I hope it all works out for your friends whichever way they choose.

Mig

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back