• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Swimsuits??

lorax

Time of past OR future Camino
I tried in 09, it went horribly. Gonna try again. Aug/Sept this year
Can anyone tell me about swimsuits please? I know at least one Refugio has a pool... can we just swim in our shorts and shirts?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I saw a couple of young ladies swimming in suits at one pool.
I also saw a couple go in their shorts and tee-shirts.
I think it's probably up to you whether or not you want to carry a suit for one swim?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I took one and it turned out to be great for walking in the rain. I wore a pair of nylon wind pants over it and both dried in no time once the rain stopped.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have my bikini with me on my camino and I also use it as a night wear under a T- shirt. So better to take one...
annie

Howdy!! Thanks everyone for taking the time to give me a heads up... it's truly appreciated. I planned on taking my top piece with shorts but wondered if I'd need the whole thing. It would be good for walkin' in the rain...great idea. Actually I've found I LOVE to walk in the rain...and you usually have the place to yourself.

I also just realized that this post would be better suited (no pun intended :)) for the clothing section... Sorry.

Happy Trails.....

Hi Karla,

Even though I used my togs only once, at Calzadilla de la Cueza, I'm glad I had them, and will take them again this year.

Brian

Edit.......don't go expecting an olympic sized pool :lol:

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There is a small pool in Belorado, too.

annie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Red Albergue members with pools:

Puenta La Reina - Santiago Apostol
Puenta La Reina - Jakue
Lorca - La Bodega del Camino
Boadilla del Camino - En El Camino
Calzadilla de la Cueza - Camino Real
Terradillos de los Templarios - Jacques de Molay

The odds of a pool at a municipal or church albergue are very small.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It was growing green stuff when I saw it, but hop in if its legal!

Attachments

• fuente de los moros.jpg
    fuente de los moros.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,771
yes falcon, growing green stuff in there this year too

annie

My favorite swimming place along the camino is in the Rio Porma, beneath the bridge into Puente de Villarente. A great break on that long slog between Mansilla and Leon... if you survive the bridge crossing, double back beneath and there´s a wonderful swimming hole!

Reb.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.