• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Swiss Via Jacobi - Guide Book

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
The national Swiss route "Via Jacobi" follows the historic routes of pilgrimage towards the tomb of Saint-Jacques in Santiago de Compostela in Spain.
The Via Jacobi starts at the banks of the lake Constance, from Rorschach or Constance and leads to the banks of the lake Geneva in Geneva. With 35 stopping places and 725 kilometres, this route shows the richness of a secular past and enables hikers to feel the unique sensation of being on the way.
This guide contains all the practical informations for hiking, maps and graphs of dips. The texts shows the curiosities that mark the route out. The colour photographs illustrate the beauty of a fascinating route.

German and French - 15.90 euro

Attachments

• Swiss Route.jpg
    Swiss Route.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 4,159
  • Cultural Routes.jpg
    Cultural Routes.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 4,129
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
just returned from my first stage of the Swiss Camino; Constance (or Konstanz) to Einsiedeln (4 days).
I highly recommend this route, and there are now various albergues available. The signs are very easy to find, though they are about to change the whole signs in Switzerland this year, with new signs just showing a number 4!
Rolf

i am interested in walking the swiss route from konstanz to geneva. apart from the guide above which is in german and french, is there another one in english? also , does anyone know what is the cost per night per person to these albergues/budget accomodation along the way that it is mentioned? what about maps?
thanks in advance

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Manosge,

Check http://www.jakobsweg.ch, there is a good section in English with description of the way, small map, and a very comprehensive accommodation list.
I didn't use any other guide when I walked the route from Konstanz to Einsiedeln, and I won't get another one for the way to Geneva this summer. Signs along the way are really good.

Alternatively, please also check out this website - http://www.wanderland.ch/en/routen_detail.cfm?id=315939.

Accommodation isn't that expensive, there are now a few albergues available, for example a really nice one in Rapperswil.

I hope you enjoy the camino in Switzerland!

Rolf

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back