• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sydney Australia - Footwear Shop out near the Airport?

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
Hi All,

For those based in Sydney.
I'm planning one last shopping spree to find some better footwear.

Someone mentioned a store recently, out near the Airport somewhere I think?
Or at least in that area between the CBD and the Airport. Alexandria maybe?

And like a fool I didn't make a note of it.

I remember they stocked a very broad range of trail runners.

Any thoughts which store this might have been?
Pace Athletic seems to ring a bell, and they have a good range.......

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Robo -

Long shot but maybe it’s Anaconda at Rockdale or Decathlon at Tempe, near Ikea. Warning - don’t go into Ikea! You’ll never find your way out!

Why not revisit Trek & Travel in Kent Street in the city? Our feet are all different of course but the range they stock has had me be a very happy customer for many years now. You might know about their club too - join the club and get 10% off your purchases immediately.

Cheers -
Jenny

Maybe you mean the New Balance outlet on the corner of McEvoy and Botany. There is a Puma next door and is (or used to be) another sports store which was very good for shoes just around the corner on McEvoy. Not exactly near the airport, but depends where you are coming from. Good Luck and Buen Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Robo -

Long shot but maybe it’s Anaconda at Rockdale or Decathlon at Tempe, near Ikea. Warning - don’t go into Ikea! You’ll never find your way out!

Why not revisit Trek & Travel in Kent Street in the city? Our feet are all different of course but the range they stock has had me be a very happy customer for many years now. You might know about their club too - join the club and get 10% off your purchases immediately.

Cheers -
Jenny

It definitely wasn't one of the 'big box, stores @JennyH94 But a day in the city trawling Kent St is a good idea. Paddy Palin, Mountain Designs.....

Maybe you mean the New Balance outlet on the corner of McEvoy and Botany. There is a Puma next door and is (or used to be) another sports store which was very good for shoes just around the corner on McEvoy. Not exactly near the airport, but depends where you are coming from. Good Luck and Buen Camino.

I might try New Balance.
But from the look of the website, I think it might have been Pace Athletic......
Actually at Drummoyne.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I might try New Balance.
Do try them! Many NB models come in different widths.

I use the NB Fresh Foam More, which is rather like some Hokas with the thick sole, lowish heel drop (4 mm rather than zero), and rocker sole. I find the NB has more volume for my high instep than the Hoka. If I were planning to walk a long Camino (over, say, 600 km), I would arrange to re-supply a second pair.

@Robo, yes, Pace Athletic seem to have a wide range of trail shoes - at Rozelle (among other places).

If you are not looking for boots, consider the athletic shoe stores - Footlocker, the Athletes Foot. I found my Hokas at Footlocker.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Pace athletics have lots of good gear for reasonable to very good price but....will they have what you want in the size you need when you HAVE to have it? I utilise Pace Athletics often but online and have it mailed. They are always reliable and with efficient delivery. If you know what you want and what size you need, then go online and check that they have your size and get it sent express.

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.