• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Sydney to Paris 21- 22 March - our experience

• Thread starter Former member 99290
  • Start date
OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Former member 99290

For those who are travelling this route any time soon - I thought I’d share our experience flying from Sydney on 21 March, arriving Paris this morning (22 March) via brief transit in Singapore.
We are two fully vaxxed and boostered adults and we flew from Sydney to Paris with Singapore Airlines / Air France.

1. Sydney check in. International Covid 19 vaccination certificate (the one issued by Australian govt) was required at the check in counter in Sydney. This is the one showing our 3 doses. We have it on our phones but we produced a hard copy as most seem to be doing - though I saw others presenting digital on their phone. The check in person just checked that it matched our passports and handed it back to us.

2. Into and out of Transit in Singapore - no Covid documentation was requested

3. Arrival in Paris CDG - at both border control and customs we each had our International Covid certificate at the ready - no one asked for them. Though they could see we were brandishing them - so perhaps that was enough? I don’t know if any other arriving passengers were asked for their certificates or not. Perhaps it was random or it was based on the flights arriving. Don’t know, we just presented our passports as would normally do.

We also carried with us the sworn statement (Orange area) document which we had downloaded from the www.intérieur.gouv.fr site - the one where the traveller attests to not being a close contact, not having symptoms, being vaccinated etc. It wasn’t asked for.

(Tests - I can add, we were not required to have a test for purpose of producing a negative result for either boarding our Singapore Airlines or Air France flights, or for entry into Singapore or France. That was not the case about 4-6 weeks ago. It changed first for France and a little while later for Singapore (transit passengers) - for those who met the definition of Fully Vaccinated for that country. But I don’t offer any information about other airlines or destinations regarding the need for pre departure / arrival tests. And I know nothing about the requirements for unvaccinated travellers).

So … it was a very straightforward experience from Sydney through to Paris. That’s not to say it’s always like this or will continue to be - we were surprised not to be asked for proof of vaccination when entering Paris. And we will continue to carry digital and printed copies of our documentation with us. But hopefully our experience will alleviate some anxiety for those travelling soon.

And a beautiful sunny day in Paris today with more sunshine to come 😎🇫🇷🇪🇸❤️

Last edited by a moderator:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
For those who are travelling this route any time soon - I thought I’d share our experience flying from Sydney on 21 March, arriving Paris this morning (22 March) via brief transit in Singapore.
We are two fully vaxxed and boostered adul
Thanks for your sharing your experiences. It settles the mind somehow.
Regards and good travelling
Gerard

It is conforting to see everything went smoothly with no surprises, thanks for sharing!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We are two fully vaxxed and boostered adults and we flew from Sydney to Paris with Singapore Airlines / Air France.
Thank you for that information. I arrived in Paris FR Monday March 21 from Atlanta GA, USA. Prior to arrival passengers were "required" to fill out a contact tracing form or previously filled out online. Enforcement is your own integrity. The arrival process was exactly as you described it. Passports only required. Just like pre-Covid times. I was even approached by an illegal taxi operator outside baggage claim. Some things never change. I took a fixed price cab to Montparnasse (58 euros) for my two day relaxing time in Paris. It appears within the past week or so, health regulations were loosened in France. No health cards, health checks, immunization cards or bar codes required for trains or indoor venues such as restaurants and theatres. SNCF website now requires only masks to board trains. A few people are still wearing masks indoors and out, but it appears a personal choice.

Thanks for sharing your experience @anamcara
I think that you weren't asked for your Vax certificate while in transit or upon arrival is because it's understood that the airline has checked those documents, and wouldn't have allowed you to board without them.

Thanks for sharing your experience @anamcara
I think that you weren't asked for your Vax certificate while in transit or upon arrival is because it's understood that the airline has checked those documents, and wouldn't have allowed you to board without them.
You’re probably right @trecile understandable for transit as we were only in the airport, but I still find it surprising that border control would rely on an airline check and not do their own. But it certainly made for a smooth entry - so no complaints from us. 😎.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

1. Sydney check in. International Covid 19 vaccination certificate (the one issued by Australian govt) was required at the check in counter in Sydney. This is the one showing our 3 doses. We have it on our phones but we produced a hard copy as most seem to be doing - though I saw others presenting digital on their phone. The check in person just checked that it matched our passports and handed it back to us.

2. Into and out of Transit in Singapore - no Covid documentation was requested

3. Arrival in Paris CDG - at both border control and customs we each had our International Covid certificate at the ready - no one asked for them. Though they could see we were brandishing them - so perhaps that was enough? I don’t know if any other arriving passengers were asked for their certificates or not. Perhaps it was random or it was based on the flights arriving. Don’t know, we just presented our passports as would normally do.

We also carried with us the sworn statement (Orange area) document which we had downloaded from the www.intérieur.gouv.fr site - the one where the traveller attests to not being a close contact, not having symptoms, being vaccinated etc. It wasn’t asked for.

(Tests - I can add, we were not required to have a test for purpose of producing a negative result for either boarding our Singapore Airlines or Air France flights, or for entry into Singapore or France. That was not the case about 4-6 weeks ago. It changed first for France and a little while later for Singapore (transit passengers) - for those who met the definition of Fully Vaccinated for that country. But I don’t offer any information about other airlines or destinations regarding the need for pre departure / arrival tests. And I know nothing about the requirements for unvaccinated travellers).

So … it was a very straightforward experience from Sydney through to Paris. That’s not to say it’s always like this or will continue to be - we were surprised not to be asked for proof of vaccination when entering Paris. And we will continue to carry digital and printed copies of our documentation with us. But hopefully our experience will alleviate some anxiety for those travelling soon.

And a beautiful sunny day in Paris today with more sunshine to come 😎🇫🇷🇪🇸❤️
Thank you for sharing your experience. I have been stressing out but you certainly have put my mind at ease. We leave Brisbane on 9May. Hopefully the requirements don’t change. Buen Camino 👣

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.