• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Synagogues along the Camino

tal.bouh

Hey All!

I'm Tal, from Israel. I'm planning on walking the Camino Portugues with some friends on may-june.

does anyone knows if there's synagogues along the Camino?

Thanks and Buen Camino!
Tal

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Jewish Community of Lisbon
Synagogue Shaare Tikva
( Orthodox) - Minyan is on Shabbat only
Comunidade Israelita de Lisboa
Rua Alexandre Herculano, 59
1250 Lisbon
Tel : 351 21 3931130
Fax : 351 21 3931139
Email : administrativo@cilisboa.org
Updated on: April 30, 2007
By: Tikva tikva@oninet.pt
Last updated on: June 8, 2010
By: Isaac Assor, isaac.assor@alegretur.com

Kehilat Beit Israel - קהילת בית ישראל (Masorti)
Comunidade Judaica Masorti de Lisboa
Jewish Masorti Community of Lisbon
(Ohel Jacob Synagogue)
Rua Filipe da Mata, 103, 2nd floor
1600-070 Lisbon, Portugal
Phone: +351 217975283
Fax:
Email: info@beitisrael.org
Rabbi Jules Harlow
President Marco Moreyra
Last updated on: April 27, 2007
By: Kehilat Beit Israel

Shalom Tal
Me again, I tried to visit each of these synagogues neither had a minyan on Shabbat and neither were open. Call the phone numbers before you go, maybe Rosh Hodesh or a holiday ten people do come. See my PM and Bom Caminho!
Miki

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Any on the Frances? I was referred to this thread but it's information is not relevant to the Frances. Thanks.

The closest you'll get, as far as I can figure out, is in Oviedo, on the Primitivo. I think that it's the only one north of Madrid. Their synagogue is on Fontan 11, in Oviedo across from the Mercado, just south of the church of San Isidoro, with services on Friday night (6pm) and Saturday morning at 10.30. I think it likely best to contact them in advance through their website at: www.sefarad-asturias.org/ . It's 2 and a half hours from Leon by train.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you. I'll just need to figure out an alternative.

I think @oursonpolaire is right. I can only find one synagogue north of Madrid and this one is in Segovia. I'm a bit surprised there isn't any in Estella (on CF) because there used to be very large Jewish community.
Anyway this might be of some help:

I was let in into former synagogue althought very small and built into a rock in Miranda del Ebro. Today it's part of the restaurant and they use it for groups and as a wine cellar sadly. If you're interested I can provide more info and photos.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back