• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

t shirt designs - what do you think?

David

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
Hi all - I'm hoping that this request is allowed on the forum -

here it is - I am working on two Camino t shirt designs. I have one design I am quite happy with but am stuck on two possible versions of the other design. Circular or rectangular text?

I do have a preference (but won't tell you which one it is!) but as I just cannot decide I thought to ask you for your help - pre pilgrims and veteran pilgrims, who else should I ask?! ;)

You may not actually like either, but if you do, which do you prefer? Rectangular or circular text?

many thanks! design 1.jpgdesign 2.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Annie - the image is my logo, taken from an early Dutch ceramic tile. The text is from Matsuo Basho, the Zen master in 17c Japan (so no copyright on both!).
I designed the circular one on a logo maker on my laptop but my t-shirt printer came up with the rectangular possibility .. hence the indecision.
I did try (as did he) to knock off the edges to make the image round - or rounder - but there was too much loss of information, it didn't work when one saw it done ...
thanks for your input!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Another vote for round! The square version I think looks less attractive to me becuase of the larger image and lesser space between it and the text. The two crosses look a bit weird underneath, they unbalance things. The circle option is far better set out and highlights both the picture and the text nicely. But what does YOUR gut tell you? You're the one who will be wearing it :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I like square. It looks a bit more contemporary somehow. Is it v-neck or round collar only? :cool:

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
ooppss - sorry Ivar - I didn't know about the Camino resources section will repost there - many thanks
David
p.s. I just had a look at Camino resources (I think) but cannot work out how to move it there. Please do remove this thread if it contravenes, or can you move it to resources?

I'm hopeless at this!

Round one for me.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks so much for your help and opinions - so, so far three rectangular and six round - 2- 1 a good vox pop. They will be standard round neck, rather than V, 100% cotton, Gildan brand. This is a trial really. They will go into my Ebay PilgrimSupplies shop - all profits from the shop go towards financing my first aid visits to the Camino, as well as supporting 24 children a day with Mary's Meals.
This is my other design -

waymarker design.jpg

Susanna. It appears I am the only pilgrim this side of China who can't post a reply correctly!! (See above post). I obviously take computer illiteracy to a whole new level! :D
What am I doing wrong?

I prefer the round one.
Mmm! Must have a look at your eBay site.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Susanna. It appears I am the only pilgrim this side of China who can't post a reply correctly!! (See above post). I obviously take computer illiteracy to a whole new level! :D
What am I doing wrong?

Problem solved. I will send you a pm with "How to quote" :)

I prefer the round one but don't mind the square except for the placement of the two crosses. They balance the round design nicely but look too close together and draw your eyes away from both the image and the words in the square design. I would either leave them off the square design or try a different placement. How would it look if they were moved further apart i.e. still beneath the image but more towards the edge?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi David -
Fabulous designs ... I would be happy to wear either of them. However, I'm with the Square Group ... so count me in here!
The blue t-shirt is really cool too - like Sheffield James and Camino07 (us Aussies love our t-shirts don't we!) I'll check out your ebay store.
Best of luck with your poll -
Cheers - Jenny

Hi. I prefer the round design. I think the writing seems to flow better; the square design's text isn't as symmetrical or well-balanced.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi, I like the round one. Will have a look on ebay. Dolfina

here it is - I am working on two Camino t shirt designs. I have one design I am quite happy with but am stuck on two possible versions of the other design. Circular or rectangular text?

I do have a preference (but won't tell you which one it is!) but as I just cannot decide I thought to ask you for your help - pre pilgrims and veteran pilgrims, who else should I ask?! ;)

You may not actually like either, but if you do, which do you prefer? Rectangular or circular text?

many thanks! View attachment 6750View attachment 6751
Hey man. Both designs are great, but I hope that teeshirt colors other than white are being considered.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I love the round one but would wear either if I can get another go-round for walking The Way! Nice work!

Hey man. Both designs are great, but I hope that teeshirt colors other than white are being considered.

KentuckyJay - The waymarker 'Buen Camino!' will be available only in blue - the blue and yellow of the waymarker signs, but the circular design, here on white for artwork purposes only, will be available in white, in blue and in mid brown, a 'franciscan' brown.
The circular in blue and brown will be a little more expensive as the printing process is more complicated - or should I say that the white ones will be cheaper? (rather than making five silk screens, they will be printed using 'direct to garment' digital printing with water based inks rather than screen printing - so definitely not horrid transfers!) as the artwork space has to be printed white first, then pre-treated, and uses nearly double the amount of inks.

The printer has told me that well-endowed women shouldn't have a problem with the location of the two St James crosses!!! - a thought that came from my pilgrim friend Jenny, in Australia - who, I would point out was thinking of other women, those who were a little on the large size - thinks: am I really writing this?

I should have them online in about two weeks (hopefully).

Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond.

Last edited:
Hi. I prefer the round design. I think the writing seems to flow better; the square design's text isn't as symmetrical or well-balanced.[/quote)]

Round for me.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A great idea! I like the round one as well. Would LOVE if it was long sleeved - especially the blue one. If successful, might you consider printing on a technical shirt i.e. Brooks Equilibrum or the like -not cotton - so that they may be worn on the trail?

A great idea! I like the round one as well. Would LOVE if it was long sleeved - especially the blue one. If successful, might you consider printing on a technical shirt i.e. Brooks Equilibrum or the like -not cotton - so that they may be worn on the trail?

Exactly so, drvnsmiln, but this is just a trial run at the moment. Initial expenditure is rather high. But if they do sell then I will definitely include technicals as well as long sleeve options in the future.

I like the round one but I'd like it even better if the color photo inside was also round?
Is the artwork yours?
I agree - avery good idea and I would love to buy one when they are ready..smiles.

Square, although with that one takes more time to read and so may be a bit awkward for the ladies...

Hi David

I much prefer the round! Nice design.

Frances.

Hi - we seem to be at 17 votes for round and 10 for square so far ...

some have suggested a circular logo on the circular t shirt - I did try this option but I (and the Zen printer man) don't think it really works - the St James crosses appear as too angular now I think, and placed as they are to balance the unbalanced text they now look too low - I no longer see the image as a pilgrim walking through a landscape, and the only way I can transform it to a circle is to lose a foot and include unattached bits of foliage sticking into the image. The sky is almost gone, with the birds in it - also, rectangles and squares are so how we are used to looking at paintings and photographs of people in landscapes .. - but you may be right and I may be wrong (I so often am!)
so here is a knock-up of the logo as circular - what do you think now you actually see it?

circle design t shirt (800 x 881).jpg

Last edited:
In comparing the two I agree, too much of the picture is lost and the pilgrim doesn't seem so in context. I still prefer the square version in the round text.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi David -
My suggestion is to go with the original concept - after all, your design is based on the early Dutch tile. It's a good thing to keep it as close to that as possible. Also it honours the tile artist in a really cool 21st Century way!
Cheers - Jenny

Hi David -
My suggestion is to go with the original concept - after all, your design is based on the early Dutch tile. It's a good thing to keep it as close to that as possible. Also it honours the tile artist in a really cool 21st Century way!
Cheers - Jenny
I agree with Jenny, but I would change the script to On the Camino de Santiago.......

I agree with Jenny, but I would change the script to On the Camino de Santiago.......

Thanks Wayfarer - originally I made it as Camino de Santiago but I remembered that the Camino Frances had been renamed the Camino de Santiago so wanted it to be for all the Caminos to Santiago - imagine the ire of someone on the Camino del Norte!!! - perhaps I should revert to the original, 'Camino de Santiago' - or perhaps 'Caminos to Santiago'. Or - would 'Caminos de Santiago' make sense?
"On the Caminos de Santiago every day is a journey ...." ?? But then that is no longer in reference to the person making the journey, more a statement about all Caminos!

Help! I'm clinging to the trailing edge of t shirt design here!

Getting design and text right is soooo tricky! Which is why this post for such good feedback - I can't get this right alone - which, funnily enough, is exactly what it is like on the Camino! ;)

Buen Camino

Last edited:
HHmmm - - thinks: once I get these designs online and into breathing space .. what about a Pilgrim Supplies t shirt design competition?

The design that is chosen for the third issue receives, say, three t shirts as a prize?

Could this be fun? hhmm ......

or a t shirt and, say, any three items from the online shop -

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/pilgrimsupplies ?????

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Nice designs. Prefer the original round design and + 1 on a technical shirt vs. cotton. Cotton will not be in my camino pack.

HHmmm - - thinks: once I get these designs online and into breathing space .. what about a Pilgrim Supplies t shirt design competition?

The design that is chosen for the third issue receives, say, three t shirts as a prize?

Could this be fun? hhmm ......

or a t shirt and, say, any three items from the online shop -

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/pilgrimsupplies ?????

Now you're talking David! Who will be on the Judging Panel? You, Ivar and Zen Printer? Or will all the designs be posted and votes given by Forum members?
BTW - How about throwing in a few of the Waymarker Bumper Stickers for the winner?
Cheers -
Jenny

Round

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I like the original square tile with the circle round it and I agree that the words should be inclusive of all the Caminos, not appear to favour one.
(When did the Camino Francés become the Camino de Santiago - it seems a bit presumptuous.) So many other Caminos are also on this forum that 'On the Camino to.....' seems right.
If most people interested in having the shirt have walked, or will be walking, to Santiago maybe having it as '......Camino a Santiago....' isn't a problem.
HH

Now you're talking David! Who will be on the Judging Panel? You, Ivar and Zen Printer? Or will all the designs be posted and votes given by Forum members?
BTW - How about throwing in a few of the Waymarker Bumper Stickers for the winner?
Cheers -
Jenny

Who would choose? Forum members at first I guess and then ... well ... ahhh - it would be me! I would choose ... mmwwaahhh (power crazed sounds, etc) - I like the idea about the bumper stickers, and if I do set up the competition I could give a couple of my Camino Waymarker bumper stickers to each entrant!!

Round

€83,-
The rest of the text is in English so I think the original wording - On the Camino to Santiago - is appropriate. I'm sure there are many, many pilgrims who have walked the Via de la Plata, del Norte etc. and bought a "Camino" t-shirt in Santiago without feeling that it wasn't applicable because they hadn't walked the Camino Francés.

Changing it to the plural "Caminos" to me makes it more distant, more abstract rather than personal. In the singular it feels more like it's MY Camino and it doesn't matter which one or how many I've walked.

I guess one thing that comes out of this thread is the proof that you can't please everyone. My advice is to go with the one that appeals most to you. Be reassured that the t-shirts are lovely and ultimately it's not going to matter which version you decide to produce, we will buy whatever is available.

Who would choose? Forum members at first I guess and then ... well ... ahhh - it would be me! I would choose ... mmwwaahhh (power crazed sounds, etc) ...
Oh dear, David ... I think you've been watching too many Austin Powers movies! That comment sounds very 'Dr Evil'! ... 'guess I've just ruined my chance of winning the competition!
Julie - your comment is spot-on - well said.

Same here David.

Love the original round one; tech T shirt would be great. Just checked out the ebay pilgrim's store to see what else is on there and found no clothing available at all. I think your shirts will be a big hit. Blessings, alice

Love the original round one; tech T shirt would be great. Just checked out the ebay pilgrim's store to see what else is on there and found no clothing available at all. I think your shirts will be a big hit. Blessings, alice

Thanks Alicia - yes, this is a new venture, which I am a little nervous about. Occasionally pilgrims have written to me about t shirts. I looked online but wasn't really amazed by what I saw - so this foray .... vote stands at 23 round text and 10 square (I'm going for round text with the logo as square). I will definitely look into tech material for the Spring - but will have to read up on it all first!

Buen Camino!

Agree with Alice too, I think you will get loads of interest. I, personally, would love to go for round, or square. All we need to do now is wait for them to become available!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Round for me if the illustration would also be round. The shape has a less constricting philosophy.

If I was to buy one or other, and I may well do so, I'd go with the square one. However, if there was no choice I'd happily buy the round one. That's not going to help your decision very much I'm afraid but whatever design you finally settle on there will be lots of us who will happily buy one or two or three... Will you do them in different colours?

Hi JudyDaisy - Waymarker 'Buen Camino!' is in blue - so that it reflects the waymarker signs, and the pilgrim with text is available only in white as direct printing on colour shirts didn't come out too well!

They went up in the shop today! Though my photos are terrible and I will be redoing them

Buen Camino

Hi David - the photos are fine!
They did the trick (ie I could see exactly what the size of the designs are in relation to the t shirts as a whole) and my order is now placed!

Hello David. Having looked at your online shop, I can see that you use 'Fruit of the Loom' t-shirts. At the risk of sounding pernickety, is there any chance that you could provide a 'women specific' t-shirt of us female pilgrims. Although I would buy a man's version if there was no choice, they are very unflattering to most women and I would only ever wear it around the house or for gardening. Fruit of the Loom supply a good range of women's t-shirts and I am sure there would be a good uptake for them.

Am off to the airport shortly - see you soon!

ps, regarding your photos, if you are taking new ones, can I suggest the garment is ironed first?

.....Camino Frances with my daughter: http://magwood.wordpress.com

Another thought - if it is too problematic to offer women specific t-shirts - could you perhaps supply an iron-on transfer so we could apply it to a garment of our choice?

Hello David. Having looked at your online shop, I can see that you use 'Fruit of the Loom' t-shirts. At the risk of sounding pernickety, is there any chance that you could provide a 'women specific' t-shirt of us female pilgrims. Although I would buy a man's version if there was no choice, they are very unflattering to most women and I would only ever wear it around the house or for gardening. Fruit of the Loom supply a good range of women's t-shirts and I am sure there would be a good uptake for them.

Am off to the airport shortly - see you soon!

ps, regarding your photos, if you are taking new ones, can I suggest the garment is ironed first?

Hi Maggie - I understand your feelings about styled fashion figure hugging t shirts and this may happen in the future if the t shirts sell (being a chap I'm not very good with the concept of fashion and body hugging and not going out unless I look just right and so on and see these shirts as being loose and casual fitting - the sort of way people dress when they go for a long walk).
It was a lot of money to have them done and I thought it safer to go for 'unisex' rather than splitting the types for what is really a tentative experiment. Perhaps I was wrong. I often am. Though I did do a lot of research on the net, looking at printed t shirts for sale and all of them were 'unisex', not shaped.

The 'wrinkles'? Ah, yes, I took the photographs outside in the sun, late in the day. The shirts aren't actually wrinkled but straight out of the bag from the printer. When you hold one they don't appear wrinkled. The reason they do look wrinkled is that the sun was low and every raised bit has been given a shadow (most marketing photos are on manikins and stretched tight from behind and properly lit, or pinned to a white board, then photo enhanced). I thought that this would be ok as they look more 'real', more 'gritty' - how they would look when in actual use, perhaps out on the Camino, (which is why there is one photo of the shirt on a washing line) but they do indeed look much too wrinkly, which is why I am doing them again - but when the sun is overhead!

There used to be a saying "real men don't eat quiche" -
..... I quite like "real pilgrims don't iron" ;)

No chance of transfers I'm afraid as the images are printed onto the shirts - no shirt, no image! (though a good idea!).

Safe journey - see you next week.

Last edited:
Top photos David! I love the pebbly touch ... Camino memories of those loose stony paths that you navigated down to your peril come to mind! Another reminder that the Camino's everywhere ... even as part of a 'fashion shoot'!
Cheers - Jenny

Hola David - with grateful thanks to Jenny I have been alerted to your magic offerings. I am a vote for the " round " one and would even consider the blue one - with the Camino logo. Will have a look at the ebay site. Cheers ;)

Hola again David - sorry about the cricket results:(
But just to cheer you up I have ordered two T-Shirts and some other stuff. Thanks for providing this service. Jenny mentioned you were considering adding " buffs" please advise as I might be interested.:)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The English cricket team? The Ashes? The absolute slaughter? .... hhmm .. .tricky ... ..... ahhh .. yes ..... I have just remembered that my mother is Scottish so have decided that I am not really English after all ..... :rolleyes:

Will be doing buffs - but need to get the design sorted and so on - sometime in the new year I should think .... and then off to the Camino, first aid kits packed, about mid March, if all goes well!

Hola again David - sorry about the cricket results:(
:)
Hi Mike - top post! Well said You! As you would have seen, the newspapers here are all calling it "pomicide"! Well, we do have to make the most of it while we can ... it's going to be a nail-biting summer of cricket, that's for sure!
We'll have to co-ordinate our t shirts for the Pilgrims in Sydney meeting Saturday week!
Now David ... you know the old story about rats deserting a sinking ship, don't you???!
Cheers Lads - Jenny

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
[quote="
t shirt designs - what do you think?
They look great , love the colours , I like the circular design , would you consider doing Via Francigena Options...also not a white Tshirt , difficult for a pilgrim to keep clean :)

Yes David! You! Really! ... trying to distance yourself from the absolute annihilation of your lads by our lads in the Cricket by claiming that perhaps you're not really English after all, due to your Mum being Scottish ... well, sad news on this front too in the Rugby. Just in case you missed it (and it's probably just as well if you did!) our lads beat the Scots last Saturday at Murrayfield, so David, 'there ain't no place to hide' !!!

€83,-
Walkmag - sorry, just the two shirts as they are.

Jenny - ahh, no, I didn't know about the rugby ... oh dear ...... errmmm .. grandmother was Irish ..... have you beaten them yet?
I knew that if we sent One Direction and Prince Charles to Australia at the same time that you lot would go for revenge :(

Jenny - ahh, no, I didn't know about the rugby ... oh dear ...... errmmm .. grandmother was Irish ..... have you beaten them yet?
I knew that if we sent One Direction and Prince Charles to Australia at the same time that you lot would go for revenge :(
Yes we also managed a small win there. But thanks the extremely poor refereeing (missed a player going into touch and then missed a blatant obstruction) the English did win that one. We are up against Wales next Saturday afternoon/night (your time). Cheers!!

Hi David - further to Mike's excellent post - do you have any Welsh relatives? There's not too many options left!
One Direction and the Royals ... are you still trying to get back at us for sending you Kylie ?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
considering your forest fires we should have sent you Wet Wet Wet ... sorry, no Welsh blood - scuppered then
Wet Wet Wet! British pop royalty in my view! Are you aware that one of their mega hits was used in the film "Love Actually"? Yes, it was! - sung to great effect by Billy Mack (Bill Nighy) - best sing-along Christmas song ever!
Are there any Welsh Forum members out there who can donate David a pint or two of their blood so he can claim "Welsh blood"? If so, please post full details here!

I prefer the round one. I like the continuity of the design. The path is continuous like the Camino.

Last edited by a moderator:
considering your forest fires we should have sent you Wet Wet Wet ... sorry, no Welsh blood - scuppered then
Hola David - lucky for you no Welsh - as the Wallabies won - 30-26 and we also beat the Kiwi's 34-2 in the other rugby (league) World Cup.
One small question about the T-shirts and posting of orders. I did see some sort of message about an expected arrival (between 6-9 Dec) but was just wondering if they had been dispatched?? Thanks in advance. S_MII

Thanks so much for your help and opinions - so, so far three rectangular and six round - 2- 1 a good vox pop. They will be standard round neck, rather than V, 100% cotton, Gildan brand. This is a trial really. They will go into my Ebay PilgrimSupplies shop - all profits from the shop go towards financing my first aid visits to the Camino, as well as supporting 24 children a day with Mary's Meals.
This is my other design -

View attachment 6759
I like this one

€149,-
PILGRIM 'COOL' IN SYDNEY ... Yesterday at Pilgrims lunch at the Sir John Young Hotel ...

Pilgrims Lunch 7 Dec 13 (1) (6).JPG

Saint Mike II, JennyH94 and Norelle - in our new t shirts designed by David of Pilgrim Supplies, with the help of Forum members.

Jenny, looking good! - that was quick service
Thanks Maggie! Re the quick delivery of the t shirts ... I think some unseen Camino angels (perhaps in the English and Aussie postal systems!) knew how desperate we were to receive the t shirts before our Pilgrims in Sydney meeting yesterday! Thank you Camino angels, and of course David, for processing the orders so promptly.
Cheers - Jenny x

Hola to all - as you will see in Jenny's photos (above) a few of the Sydney members of the friends of CSJ are now sporting Camino T-Shirts. I have just changed my photo and will also have a copy of the white one - with the Camino motive - the one Jenny is wearing. Cheers to all and please support our pilgrim amigo!:cool:

Hola to all - as you will see in Jenny's photos (above) a few of the Sydney members of the friends of CSJ are now sporting Camino T-Shirts. I have just changed my photo and will also have a copy of the white one - with the Camino motive - the one Jenny is wearing. Cheers to all and please support our pilgrim amigo!:cool:

Amen to this Mike!
Your new photo is fabulous too - so cool!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back