• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

taking a shower in the albergues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony18

Time of past OR future Camino
Dear pilgrims,
I spoke with a woman I met at a workshop today who did the camino last year. She stated that she had a female friend who stayed at an albergue where everyone showered together. She made it sound like things were kind of freaky deaky. :eek: Is that the case, or are they coed showers which contain stalls that provide privacy?:p

A selection of Camino Jewellery
All but one Albergue I stayed in had separate Ladies and Men's showers. The one that was mixed had separated stalls with a dressing area for privacy. Sorry, no freaky deaky.......

Buen Camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have come across albergues with mixed bathrooms and only shower curtains separating the stalls. If you feel uncomfortable you can always find another woman to "stand guard".

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
In the Norte, I was in coed showers-with transparent glass shower doors, and no hooks to hang clothes. Luxurious showers with not only a shower but also a toilet, fresh air and a sink. Converted high gym showers- not coed but in order to get warm water it was necessary to run between all of the stalls to press the water button.

Some level of privacy is always provided. And most had gender separate with shower stalls or fully private shower facilities. But some creative adaptation and open mindedness along the way certainly helps-I am a lot more comfortable with my own body now!!!

I have stayed in many albergues with only one ablution block for everyone. The municipals in Valcarlos, Barbadelo, Calzadilla, Palas de Rei and Fromista all spring to mind. It was the one in Fromista that my sister and I decided a beer in the bar was a better option than a shower in the communal shower room, where the shower curtains wafted around in the breeze.
Jill

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I just deleted my original post to this question because it was not helpful.
On reflection, what I do want to say is that I had lots of questions about the camino before I walked it but there is a point where you just have to trust that all will be OK and go. Right now things like the occasional unisex bathroom sound strange but when you are walking the camino it’s a whole different ball game. Things that might once have made you feel uncomfortable at home just become a normal part of the camino. Either that or you do what one of my male travelling companions has been known to do when the bathrooms are just that bit too unisex and that’s go without a shower that night.;)
All this is assuming you plan to stay in albergues. Please note I don’t usually stay in the private ones which may go some way to explaining the various experiences.
Buen camino

I have stayed in 1 albergue where it was a communal shower, but it was on the Camino Portugues, women only, I don't know what the men's showers were like! The showers in Arzua and Negreira municipals have no shower curtains, the showers in Palas de Rei are unisex and very small, no room for clothes, I simply told the men to wait until I'd finished, which they did. Most albergues are great.

In my Camino, I have always stayed at municipal albergues and what I found regarding bathrooms was as follows (Camino Português), being ALL of them gender separated:

Rubiães - individual booth with walls on the side and nice curtain on the front, hooks outside;
Tui - communal shower, separated with a single wall from the rest of the bathroom and with a view to the church! - gladfully nobody else was using the bathroom, so had a very nice shower;
Redondela - individual large booth with door, hooks inside;
Pontevedra - individual booth with hooks on the facing wall, separated by walls but with minimal/very revealing curtain - showered very fast!
Caldas de Reis - the most strange shower yet, hooks outside, several booths separated by acrylic/glass walls and doors. However, there was a strip of matte style glass at chest level, leaving the rest of the separation see-through. So no boobies showing but the rest of the body, including privates, exposed! VERY weird! Also the light had a sensor and if nobody entered the bathroom, you would shower in the dark as there was no sensor near the showers, just by the door.
Padrón - there was a saloon style door that separated the showers from the rest of the bathrooms. There was a chair and some hooks and then two showers separated by a wall but exposed to the door. Showered very quickly!

Hopefully this will be some interesting insight I hope!

The Valcarlos municipal albergue had a large communal bathroom, but I felt toilets and showers were quite private, so had no issue, however there were not many staying there.
The municipal in Zubiri had separated gender specific communal showers in a separate building, which I personally don't really like. In fact, this establishment was my least favorite in 40 days and purposely chose to avoid it the following year. That said, a pilgrim should always be grateful for a place to lay his head.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have walked Camino Frances and Camino de Invierno,, I have not seen mixed shower so far!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I have been in compartmentalized unisex toilets and showers in hostels all over Europe. I have seen naked people in Albergues changing clothing. Many Europeans don't think anything of it. I wouldn't do it but I don't take offense to others who do.

One uncomfortable toilet/shower/drying configuration comes to mind at the albergue in Calzadilla de la Cueza. I stayed at the new "modern" hostel in el Acebo, truly by mistake b/c I thought the pool would be open, anyway it has separate toilet facilities for men and women but the shower stall is so small there is no place to put your clothes or valuables without giving them a shower too.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have been in compartmentalized unisex toilets and showers in hostels all over Europe. I have seen naked people in Albergues changing clothing. Many Europeans don't think anything of it. I wouldn't do it but I don't take offense to others who do.
The spa I belong to in Biarritz, Thalmar, has a shared locker room and I have often seen members change clothing with out regard to prying eyes, while there are also changing vestibules in the women's and the men's shower area. The same activity goes on down at the beach.

One uncomfortable toilet/shower/drying configuration comes to mind at the albergue in Calzadilla de la Cueza. I stayed at the new "modern" hostel in el Acebo, truly by mistake b/c I thought the pool would be open, anyway it has separate toilet facilities for men and women but the shower stall is so small there is no place to put your clothes or valuables without giving them a shower too.
I loved that hotel/albergue in El Acebo! I even stayed two different years. The showers are nice and new. Yes, there is no changing area, but I always bring my clean clothes (and valuables) in a plastic bag in the shower with me, hung from the "S" hook I bring. Not alot of room in there, but it works. I've had other Camino shower areas with no changing rooms, too. Like a box of chocolates...you never know what you are gonna get! :)

I too remember a notable unisex bathroom in Calzadilla de la Cueza. Did the one you are thinking of have a line of urinals along one wall? And the tiniest toilet and shower stalls I have ever seen. Much opportunity to practice custody of the eyes. When I went through Calzadilla last year that albergue had been totally renovated. The bathroom and neighbouring dorm are now a pilgrim bar.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
there is a point where you just have to trust that all will be OK and go. Right now things like the occasional unisex bathroom sound strange but when you are walking the camino it’s a whole different ball game. Things that might once have made you feel uncomfortable at home just become a normal part of the camino.

I completely agree. Things become normal. I'm sure more than one person on the Camino saw my butt - everybody's got one, so it's not a big deal.

Yes, the wall of urinals in the unisex area was a bit wierd. The town is run by one family and they own the hostel/bar as well. I had hear there was a new muni and the old albergue was being remodeled. I guess you can go to the new bar and take a swim now.
I too remember a notable unisex bathroom in Calzadilla de la Cueza. Did the one you are thinking of have a line of urinals along one wall? And the tiniest toilet and shower stalls I have ever seen. Much opportunity to practice custody of the eyes. When I went through Calzadilla last year that albergue had been totally renovated. The bathroom and neighbouring dorm are now a pilgrim bar.

" everyone showered together" might be an imprecise description of unisex ablution facilities - such as I saw in Tricastelle - one shower/toilet room with individual and quite private shower and WC cubicles.

Requires a bit of a change in mindset but only requires a small adjustment...

That said, my wife did walk into the shower/toilet room only to find male at the handbasins in the communal area au naturel... As previously suggested, she averted her eyes and got on with her ablutions. And, for the record, we met this particular male several times towards and in Santiago and Finisterre and quite enjoyed his company - consequently we think his 'lapse' in sartorial sense was one of accident rather than intent.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well you pilgrims didn't disappoint. I knew this post was gonna see some action! :cool: I truly appreciate all who took the time to respond. I've no problem with whatever scenario should arise regarding the showers. I pride myself in being able to adapt to any situation. I ask mostly because my girlfriend- who is on the fence with regards to doing this trip with me next year- isn't as adaptable to certain scenarios as I am. I love this forum, and I gotta say that- even though I don't know any of you, I'm sure I'd enjoy sharing stories with you folks should we cross paths one day on the camino! I hope we do. Thanks again for the info!

Dear pilgrims,
I spoke with a woman I met at a workshop today who did the camino last year. She stated that she had a female friend who stayed at an albergue where everyone showered together. She made it sound like things were kind of freaky deaky. :eek: Is that the case, or are they coed showers which contain stalls that provide privacy?:p
Never saw this.

Well you pilgrims didn't disappoint. I knew this post was gonna see some action! :cool: I truly appreciate all who took the time to respond. I've no problem with whatever scenario should arise regarding the showers. I pride myself in being able to adapt to any situation. I ask mostly because my girlfriend- who is on the fence with regards to doing this trip with me next year- isn't as adaptable to certain scenarios as I am. I love this forum, and I gotta say that- even though I don't know any of you, I'm sure I'd enjoy sharing stories with you folks should we cross paths one day on the camino! I hope we do. Thanks again for the info!
Your girlfriend can rest easy as far as any uncomfortable scenarios encountered while walking the Camino. I've done multiple Caminos, stayed in a wide variety of albergues and such and never encountered an uncomfortable scenario. That's walking with literally hundreds of fellow pilgrims from all demographics, countries and ages.
I'm a middle-aged male, but no choirboy and nothing really shocks me, but I don't think I saw anything that would shock anybody. It's all cool. Really nothing that requires much adaptation.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I completely agree. Things become normal. I'm sure more than one person on the Camino saw my butt - everybody's got one, so it's not a big deal.
Your girlfriend can rest easy as far as any uncomfortable scenarios encountered while walking the Camino. I've done multiple Caminos, stayed in a wide variety of albergues and such and never encountered an uncomfortable scenario. That's walking with literally hundreds of fellow pilgrims from all demographics, countries and ages.
I'm a middle-aged male, but no choirboy and nothing really shocks me, but I don't think I saw anything that would shock anybody. It's all cool. Really nothing that requires much adaptation.
Cool. Good to know. :cool:

In my Camino, I have always stayed at municipal albergues and what I found regarding bathrooms was as follows (Camino Português), being ALL of them gender separated:

Rubiães - individual booth with walls on the side and nice curtain on the front, hooks outside;
Tui - communal shower, separated with a single wall from the rest of the bathroom and with a view to the church! - gladfully nobody else was using the bathroom, so had a very nice shower;
Redondela - individual large booth with door, hooks inside;
Pontevedra - individual booth with hooks on the facing wall, separated by walls but with minimal/very revealing curtain - showered very fast!
Caldas de Reis - the most strange shower yet, hooks outside, several booths separated by acrylic/glass walls and doors. However, there was a strip of matte style glass at chest level, leaving the rest of the separation see-through. So no boobies showing but the rest of the body, including privates, exposed! VERY weird! Also the light had a sensor and if nobody entered the bathroom, you would shower in the dark as there was no sensor near the showers, just by the door.
Padrón - there was a saloon style door that separated the showers from the rest of the bathrooms. There was a chair and some hooks and then two showers separated by a wall but exposed to the door. Showered very quickly!

Hopefully this will be some interesting insight I hope!
Nice variety!:D

I live in a spa town in Slovakia where gender separated spa procedure involve a lot of people (mostly seniors) walking around in the buff or just a sheet loosely wrapped around them and I’ve vacation years on the Adriatic coast in Croatia (au natural beaches are very common). IMO Europeans are generally far less phased by showing “more” skin in public (totally non sexual) vs North Americans. But my only “communal” shower stalls w no door/curtain was females only at the municipal Albergue in OCebreio.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I live in a spa town in Slovakia where gender separated spa procedure involve a lot of people (mostly seniors) walking around in the buff or just a sheet loosely wrapped around them and I’ve vacation years on the Adriatic coast in Croatia (au natural beaches are very common). IMO Europeans are generally far less phased by showing “more” skin in public (totally non sexual) vs North Americans. But my only “communal” shower stalls w no door/curtain was females only at the municipal Albergue in OCebreio.
Cool. Thanks for sharing. :cool:

:cool: for Croatia ;)

and for memory to O Celebrio :rolleyes:

Dear pilgrims,
I found comunal shower, only men, I don’t know about the woman’s facility, last year only once on my first comunal albergue at Zubiri, and for the rest of my Camino I never encountered this, I would like to added that I found the best shower facilities at the albergue Milpes at Ribadeo (Arzúa)

I get it that this thread is about showering in "albergue".

My "interesting" experiences ocurred in south west France and don't all relates to accomodation. Three will suffice here to make my point.

I had stopped at a gite just after Figeac and there were just two of us: a woman in her 20's and me* and one shower etc room. We discovered we were both early risers. A conversation sorted out the sequence without difficulty between us.

Many days later I was in the Armangac region (think better quality congac). The public toilets to one side of the cathedral square were welome after my lunch. One door into a largish area with but one cubicle (with a door) quite a few paces to my right. No signs about gender outside or in. As I went to the cubicle there was a one metre high divider on my left and against the not too distant left wall beyond were two urinals, users of which would have their backs to those going to the cubicle.

Walking along a street in another smallish town a few days later I passed a pedestrian lane between buildings. Less than two metres down I noticed an alcove with unmistakable signage. The alcove was deep enough so that the urinal "furniture" was only just just recessed into the wall of the host building and the sides of users were quite visible to any passers by who looked in that direction.

As many posts above have noted, European usage can be quite different to that in English speaking countries. And where where putting coverings on table legs died out not too many generations ago.

* My age is such I stopped hoping to be called up for national sports teams in any code some long time ago.

Last edited:
Dear pilgrims,

What load of rubbish I am a 71 year old lady who has completed two thirds of the camino and plan to complete this March. What was meant I am sure was there are times when you share the same shower area but there are doors or pull over covers , so you need to plan your shower eg taking your clothe and towels into the shower area in a plastic bag. A bit of planning and common sense is needed, unfortunately i have never come across the opportunity to have a shower with lovely young man, but maybe there is time yet, I am sure he would get the biggest fright. p.s. I am Scottish a prude nation but I have been in Norway and Denmark where people do enjoy saunas together, but alas not on the Camino.

Actually everyone, men and women, all take a communal shower together and share soap and towels.

Laughing..just joking...sorry

Most of the places I stayed at have a men's and a women's bathroom/shower room.

Some do have a "joint" shower room. BUT, of course the shower stalls are private and so is the throne where you do number 1 or number 2.

In cases where the shower room is semi co ed the potty room may be a stand alone room. Or closed door from the co ed area.

The sinks for shaving, tooth brushing, etc are co ed in some places.

Majority of the places I stayed it had separate bathrooms/shower rooms for each gender.

Some had mini shower rooms where you lock yourself in the shower room alone (or with your friend if desired. lol) and so goes it...

Had a joint shower room with no separate cubicles or curtains in a private albergue in Requejada on the Camino del Norte. Last resort if it bothers you, wear your swimwear or shower in your underwear and then they're clean for the next day!

Dear pilgrims,
If worried pay maybe 10 euros and stay in a private or church run albergue , some are fantastic some are basic but every one had walls and doors between showers on camino frances . I stayed at one municipal albergue and refused to have a shower , so dark I could not see properly but it did NOT look good at all , only really dodgy place I stayed at .

Dear pilgrims,
The albergue I stayed in the day I arrived in SJPdP had a shower room that was co-ed. The two stalls were separated by a wall and had privacy curtains. All other albergues I stayed in through out the rest of my camino were separated into mens and womens room with stalls.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
"I spoke to a woman, who stated that a friend said ... She made it sound ..." Careful with heresay!

The albergue I stayed in the day I arrived in SJPdP had a shower room that was co-ed. The two stalls were separated by a wall and had privacy curtains. All other albergues I stayed in through out the rest of my camino were separated into mens and womens room with stalls.
Thanks for replying. Good to know.

If worried pay maybe 10 euros and stay in a private or church run albergue , some are fantastic some are basic but every one had walls and doors between showers on camino frances . I stayed at one municipal albergue and refused to have a shower , so dark I could not see properly but it did NOT look good at all , only really dodgy place I stayed at .
I'm cool regardless of the situation. I was just curious because my girlfriend was a little concerned about having to shower amongst a sausage fest. :D Occasionally, will do a private albergues, but I wan't to keep it as authentic as possible and stay at municipal site. Thanks for replying.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
What load of rubbish I am a 71 year old lady who has completed two thirds of the camino and plan to complete this March. What was meant I am sure was there are times when you share the same shower area but there are doors or pull over covers , so you need to plan your shower eg taking your clothe and towels into the shower area in a plastic bag. A bit of planning and common sense is needed, unfortunately i have never come across the opportunity to have a shower with lovely young man, but maybe there is time yet, I am sure he would get the biggest fright. p.s. I am Scottish a prude nation but I have been in Norway and Denmark where people do enjoy saunas together, but alas not on the Camino.

Isabescotland: "unfortunately i have never come across the opportunity to have a shower with lovely young man, but maybe there is time yet,." Yes, I do believe that there is time for you yet. :D Great reply and thanks!

I'm cool regardless of the situation. I was just curious because my girlfriend was a little concerned about having to shower amongst a sausage fest. :D Occasionally, will do a private albergues, but I wan't to keep it as authentic as possible and stay at municipal site. Thanks for replying.
I really don't think that there's anything more "authentic" about municipals vs private albergues. And you can encounter unisex or separate facilities in either. Also private albergues aren't necessarily nicer than municipals or parochials. I stayed in a few rather "rustic" private albergues.

I really don't think that there's anything more "authentic" about municipals vs private albergues. And you can encounter unisex or separate facilities in either. Also private albergues aren't necessarily nicer than municipals or parochials. I stayed in a few rather "rustic" private albergues.
Agreed. An albergue is an albergue. One is no more authentic than another. Maybe more expensive than another, but not more authentic.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I also found the 'authentic' comment to be a curious one. My experience on the CF was that the municipal albergues were generally pretty soulless and the best experiences we had were in private albergues (to name a few that come to mind: Albergue Verde in Hospital de Órbigo, Albergue El Serbal y la Luna in Pieros, El Beso in A Balsa, Albergue Molino de Marzán in Peruscallo).

The municipal refugio in Palas de Rei had open shower cubicles with no curtains the last time I stayed there (some time ago) and a Norteamericana had thumb tacked Hombres and Mujeres signs on the co-ed toilets at each end of the dormitory which were promptly ignored by the Europeans.

As an elderly Irish lady said to me "A lady shouldn't show and a gentleman shouldn't look"

Quite honestly after a hard day's hike I'd rather siesta no matter how nice the scenery.

So true, the only really bad one we stayed in was a private one - the dormitories were so crowded and cramped, it was mouldy, the light-bulbs weren't working and it was really dark and dingy, there were bars on the window - a real fire trap. They made everyone wait outside in the pouring rain while they processed everyone - even though there was room for them to come inside.The glass shower door fell off the rails onto my head and nearly knocked me out. Had an egg on my forehead for a couple of days. Plus my friend was bitten by bedbugs. The municipal one next door was new, clean, spacious and really nice, and had a fabulous bar and cafe. But it makes for a great story.

Good to know. Yes, I've heard that some pilgrims have experienced private albergues that weren't up to snuff. Thanks for replying.

I've heard that some pilgrims have experienced private albergues that weren't up to snuff.
That is arguable, as it depends on what snuff you are measuring:). Some municipal ones are inferior to some private ones, based on some criteria. Also there are far more private ones than municipal.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The municipal refugio in Palas de Rei had open shower cubicles with no curtains the last time I stayed there (some time ago) and a Norteamericana had thumb tacked Hombres and Mujeres signs on the co-ed toilets at each end of the dormitory which were promptly ignored by the Europeans.

Palas de Rei was another town where my sister and I went to the bar rather than shower (we seem to have frequented a lot of bars :p). There were a lot of European men at the municipal albergue, and we had no chance of trying to stop any one of them coming in while the other one showered. There were definitely no shower doors when we stayed there in 2013 and I have had no desire to ever stay there again, so don’t know if it’s still the same. At the next place, Ribadeo, we asked if we could see the ablutions before we checked in (as we hadn’t washed for 2 days), and the lovely hospitalera not only agreed (separate mens and womens) but suggested we take the 2 bunk-bed room off the big main dorm. As the big dorm filled up we spread our stuff around and shut the door so it looked as though all 4 beds were taken. Baaaaaad pilgrims :oops:. But the place was nowhere near full as it was mid-Nov. It was the last night the only bar ( :p at that time) was open before it closed for the winter, so we not only showered but partied with the locals that evening.
Jill

Palas de Rei was another town where my sister and I went to the bar rather than shower (we seem to have frequented a lot of bars :p). There were a lot of European men at the municipal albergue, and we had no chance of trying to stop any one of them coming in while the other one showered. There were definitely no shower doors when we stayed there in 2013 and I have had no desire to ever stay there again, so don’t know if it’s still the same. At the next place, Ribadeo, we asked if we could see the ablutions before we checked in (as we hadn’t washed for 2 days), and the lovely hospitalera not only agreed (separate mens and womens) but suggested we take the 2 bunk-bed room off the big main dorm. As the big dorm filled up we spread our stuff around and shut the door so it looked as though all 4 beds were taken. Baaaaaad pilgrims :oops:. But the place was nowhere near full as it was mid-Nov. It was the last night the only bar ( :p at that time) was open before it closed for the winter, so we not only showered but partied with the locals that evening.
Jill
Thanks for sharing!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I would also just generally caution against getting caught up on what is and what is not an "authentic" Camino experience. Authenticity becomes really hard to pin down because everybody will have his or her own definition. Just go and see how it all plays out.

As the truly excellent mademoiselle Warcollier wrote in her 1980s/1990s awesome little guide leaflet, "the only important thing on the Camino is to walk to Santiago" ...

No other "authenticity" is needed.

Jeeezz... Stay home if you cannot interact in normal activities like shovering behind cover.... On the Camino, you are too tired in the afternoon to care for anything but getting that shower and then eat. This is a constructed problem, not a real one. Get real!

The albergue in Airexe had gender separate, but open shower rooms when we went in 2013. May have changed by now. :) No worries, just like in the high school gym locker :)

I would also just generally caution against getting caught up on what is and what is not an "authentic" Camino experience. Authenticity becomes really hard to pin down because everybody will have his or her own definition. Just go and see how it all plays out.
Will do.

I did a Winter Camino and generally most Albergues were closed. Of the Albergues I stayed at only Los Arcos had separate gender facilities. Most Albergues had the bare mimimum open which meant a single shower block. Everyone was happy just to get a hot shower.

Must say that I dislike the idea of being mugged far greater than the prospect of ending in a communal shower.
I have yet to see mixed showering on the Camionos of Spain.!
Maybe in my age it is not uncommon to have tried it, and survived unscathed.
Maybe I have seen how exhausted everybody is at the end of a days walking that I cannot comprehend anything indecent about showering, whoever is standing nearby. I think I could do a full monty in a running river anywhere, given a hot day, but then again I am Scandinavian!
But I realise how in my line of work, when I have clients (young people) in the shower, and realise how reluctant they are to drop their trunks, as soap is unwelcome in the pool filters.
They express real horror and this a new thing...
I must say I am more fear of a naked gun !!

Dear pilgrims,
Thank heavens I never came across this scenario!!!! o_O

An unnecessary argument developed on this thread, quite off-topic. I've deleted the relevant posts and closed the thread while heads cool.

(Edit) - on second thoughts I think the OP's question has been answered so unless someone comes up with a convincing reason, the thread can stay closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back