• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Taking the Car?

Hugh Donnelly

Time of past OR future Camino
Have walked fro St Jean Pied de Port to Burgos in 2017 and wish to continus from Burgos in May 2018.
Hello, last year I drove to St Jean Pied de Port from Scotland and walked to Burgos from there. I was lucky to have found some excellent off street parking, albeit insecure, in someone's garden in St Jean. This year I would like to continue the Cammino from Burgos and would intend to drive down again. However, I'm looking for a reasonable parking solution in terms of cost and security for 2-3 weeks. I would imagine that I may have to park somewhere outside Burgos and travel in before commencing walk. Any ideas or experiences outer which may be helpful? Hugh

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A first, maybe wild idea, write to the Asociación de Amigos, mailto:administracion@caminosantiago.org, I think they are based in Logroño and to the best of my knowledge can deal with English (even as spoke by a Scot!!!). Ask no questions, told no lies. They just might know somebody with a big back yard...Good luck anyway.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello, last year I drove to St Jean Pied de Port from Scotland and walked to Burgos from there. I was lucky to have found some excellent off street parking, albeit insecure, in someone's garden in St Jean. This year I would like to continue the Cammino from Burgos and would intend to drive down again. However, I'm looking for a reasonable parking solution in terms of cost and security for 2-3 weeks. I would imagine that I may have to park somewhere outside Burgos and travel in before commencing walk. Any ideas or experiences outer which may be helpful? Hugh

Thanks for this. I will make enquiries.

I'm also looking for the best source of information about travel arrangements..... I understand much of this can be done locally on the ground but if there are any websites which offer practical advice on how best to return from Santiago to Burgos, for example. Or what would be the best airport to seek out if flying back. Do all roads lead to Madrid? Is the coach a better option than the train?

A first, maybe wild idea, write to the Asociación de Amigos, mailto:administracion@caminosantiago.org, I think they are based in Logroño and to the best of my knowledge can deal with English (even as spoke by a Scot!!!). Ask no questions, told no lies. They just might know somebody with a big back yard...Good luck anyway.

Great idea. Thanks. I will make enquiries. Hugh

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
One way to secure parking, is to make a deal with a local auto repair shop. You could let them take care of the periodical maintenance, while you were walking, and include parking.

I know of several persons who have done exactly that in SJPdP. The same should be possible in Burgos. Win-win for everyone.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back