• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tale of 2 Caminos, via Jacobi and Cami de Ronda

efdoucette

Time of past OR future Camino
2011 Camino Frances
Since 2011 - too many to list
I promised some members an update after my walk this year. I have been walking Camino trails since my CF in 2011, this year I treated myself to a solo 6 days on the via Jacobi from Rapperswil to Brienz, Switzerland. Then moved to Catalunya to walk with 2 past Camino friends the Cami de Ronda (not an official Camino), coastal route.

So, the via Jacobi was absolutely outstanding, the way markers, the scenery, the smells, the sounds ... all the feels were there. The trail had some serious climbs (daily really). Accommodations were a little pricey, especially not sharing a room but there are cheaper places to stay versus hotels. A quiet trail as I met only 6 other walkers with only one speaking english. But probably my most favourite Camino trail, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

We started the Cami de Ronda in Portbou at the French border and we stopped at Calella de Palafrugell, 8 days. So, a Frenchman, a German and a Canadian (me) go for a walk in Spain, what could be better. This was an outstanding trail running along the GR92 passing through beautiful Spanish coastal towns and beaches.

Total kms ~250
Highly recommend both trails.
Next year ????

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Next year pick up at Brienz and carry on. The whole eastern half of Switzerland (Konstanz to Interlaken) is the gem of the Jacob's Ways.

Are you familiar with the route through Austria? And if so what would be the scenic section?
I just loved Rapperswil to Brienz.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back