Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Talking about the crowds

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
Where are the crowds? I am the only pilgrim tonight at the Albergue Internacional in Sarria so far!

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Madidi

Frances 2012 & 17: Fisterra Muxia 2013 & 2015: Ingles 2014: Madrid 2015: Salvador & Primitivo 2016
Sounds like you are on a winner there Annie. :) I would enjoy the solitude while you can: all other reports seem to show that the albergues are bursting at the seams!!

Buen Camino from Ireland

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
Yes, probably!

Actually the Baztan was not crowded with Peregrinos but it was the hottest holiday season and everything along the coastal area was reserved a long time ago by people on holidays. Too bad I didn't think about that. It is more expensive also in July and August. In France I had to pay 54 euro without breakfast for a room which was damp and overpriced. It would have been the same problem with finding a room every night at least in France. So I gave up.

In Leon I did take up the Frances again -all the other caminos can wait a little.

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Sounds like you are on a winner there Annie. :) I would enjoy the solitude while you can: all other reports seem to show that the albergues are bursting at the seams!!

Buen Camino from Ireland[/quoteHe

Yes, enjoying the silence!

I started walking from Leon from Leon 8 days ago and we have seen any albergues that were full. Some of my friends are walking really late (arriving at 6-7pm) and they always find a bed. They not only arrive late, they start late and pause a lot - it is pretty hot in the afternoon.

So now in Sarria we thought we would meet the crowds but the lady downstairs says that many people go back to work now.

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Madidi

Frances 2012 & 17: Fisterra Muxia 2013 & 2015: Ingles 2014: Madrid 2015: Salvador & Primitivo 2016
I started walking from Leon from Leon 8 days ago and we have seen any albergues that were full. Some of my friends are walking really late (arriving at 6-7pm) and they always find a bed. They not only arrive late, they start late and pause a lot - it is pretty hot in the afternoon.

So now in Sarria we thought we would meet the crowds but the lady downstairs says that many people go back to work now.

Seems like a much more civilised way to walk Annie...lie-in, leisurely walk and a bed at days-end to boot!! Long may it last eh :):)

supersullivan

Sarria-Santiago 2012. SJPP-Santiago-Finisterre-Muxia 2013. Ponferrada-Santiago June 2014. Leon-Santiago-Finisterre September 2014. April-May 2015: SJPP- S de C- Finisterre -Muxia- S de C.
Early last September, my 1st 2 nights after Sarria, my partner and I had albergues to ourselves, Vilache and Portos. Started wondering whether my deodourant wasn't working. ;-)

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
At the Ferramenteiro in Portomarin last night 26 beds were taken out of 134.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

Bajaracer

Camino Frances 2013 Jun-Jul SJPDP to Finisterre
Camino Frances (2013) Jun-Jul SJPDP to Finisterre
The youth groups are probably back in school.

SJPdP-Santo Domingo(2011), St.Domingo-Fromista(2012), Fromista-Ponferrada(2013), Ponferrada-Santiago(2014)
What a relief there're no huge crowds anymore, this is good news really:). I'm leaving Finland tomorrow to continue my camino from Fromista to Santiago (I hope) on next wednesday.

D

Deleted member 3000

In the Holy Year of 2010, there were 61,543 compostelas issued in August. This year it was ONLY 46,728. Why, it was almost a ghost town!;)

M

MendiWalker

That´s due to the fact that in a Holy Year you get a clean slate and if you die ( without sinning of course ;)) you get a V.I.P. pass to Heaven. Before you ask........ yes I got a one in 2010.:D

Buen Camino!

CaminoSupply.com
Apparel and accessories for your Camino
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Kimmy

CF summer-06, SJPP to Burgos Sept-13, Burgos to Astorga Sept-14 (Astorga to Santiago de Compostela sept 15)
I am so happy to hear there are no more crowds since I am setting out for my Camino in twelve days. Since I refuse to book a bed in advance some posts during spring and summer made got me a little bit worried, but now I am just eager to get started. Today I am trying two different soaps to see which one works best for both body and clothes. Seems it is getting time to go... ;-)

Bajaracer

Camino Frances 2013 Jun-Jul SJPDP to Finisterre
Camino Frances (2013) Jun-Jul SJPDP to Finisterre

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated