• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tampa

Bakerpj2000

Are there any groups in the Tampa, Florida area? Anyone interested in joining one?
Planning a walk in March of 2012 starting on the France path and would be interested
in talking with others who may be planning a trip or have already walked.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Live in Sarasota area and plan to leave Tampa on May 9th

I used to live in Sarasota, many years ago - still have friends there and went back for a visit last year.... now i live in Australia an am starting my caminio begining of March :D

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
My husband and I walked the Camino last year. Hold on to your hat...you are about to have a most delightful experience. Buen Camino.

We are from Sarasota. Feel free to contact me, if you have any questions. janevblanchard@yahoo.com

I live in Palm Harbor. I am planning to head over for labor day to walk from Sarrina to Santiago. Only have a short vacation so no time to do more than that. In initial phases of planning and beging purchasing items. The biggest expense is travel, ($1300 for plane ticket, holding out longer to see if price may drop over the next two months).

Tommy

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Not close I know but I live in Jacksonville and will walk in September 2013. Willing to meet with other FL walkers in a central location.

I live in St Pete and am planning on walking in may 2013. I would love to meet up with others who are going next year.

We live in Palm Coast and my husband and I will start our walk September 23rd from Saville. We are 61 and 71 and hoping to finish within 8 weeks, we have allowed extra time to smell the roses. Can't wait to start.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I live in Jacksonville as well and would love to meet up with any individuals who have/will walk the Way. Perhaps there should be a Florida chapter of the American Pilgrims confraternity (if there is not one already ? )

James

I know it's not Tampa, but Orlando has a group starting up. We are meeting in Winter Park this weekend to talk about packing and equipment.

Hi everyone,
I am just seeing this post about meeting up this weekend. We already have plans to go to Sanibel for the weekend, so won't be able to make it- but would love to meet with you all . I am planning on walking the Camino starting next May.
Please let me know if you make anymore plans to get together.
Joni

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Re: Tampa.. South Carolina

Hi, I also know I'm not Tampa zoned but I'm close, South Carolina and I also will be on the Camino May time frame. I will be firming up my travel dates, hopefully this week. Using ff miles so I must allow plenty of time. I would love to hear from other solo travelers, perhaps sharing your airlines planes, to and from airport. From what I've been reading I will want to fly into Biarritz and than get a train/bus or taxi to SJPD. I wanted to find out just how out of shape I was, and I took off walking, did 18 miles and the lesson I learned...do not wear a bra with underwire in it!!! Who knew. I'm sure in my training I learn more.

Hi Victoria--
nice to hear from you. I am also going in May, 2013. Excited is all I can say. I get an update in my email with new camino postings each day, so I read about it everyday. A group from Orlando are meeting next weekend. Sept 8th and 9th, If you are interested, or able let me know by private message, and I will get the info to you.

Hi everyone-

I live in Naples and plan to start my Camino in early May 2013 from SJPD. I plan to take 6-8 weeks and stop along the way at interesting places. Just started training this month walking on the beach. I'm always interested in hearing from others about their ideas and suggestions.

Mark

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We are from Daytona and are looking to go in May of 2013. We haven't booked our trip yet but planning on it next week. Have you booked yours yet?

I also will be starting my Camino soon. Will leave SJPP April 17. I live in Melbourne and work in Orlando and would love to visit with anyone here in Florida, regarding training, preparation, gear etc. The time is certainly closing in on me!!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi -

Also from the Tampa area - leaving solo from SJDP May 23/24, 2013 and plan to arrive in SDC June 21/24. Will most likely do some more travel around Europe afterwards. Looking forward to my first camino and will most likely cross paths with at least some of you here.

Buen Camino!

Greetings! I am in Bradenton and plan to leave Tampa for the Camino Frances (1st timer here) on August 20th....if there are any meet ups or other Tampa Bay based pilgrims, I would relish the opportunity to meet you! Buen Camino......Bill Vinhage

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Live in Bradenton/Lakewood Ranch, Bill. Completed SJPdP to Santiago last year and leave May 15 th
for Le Puy and then Portuguese route into Finisterre, Muxia and Santiago. PM me and I will send you my contacts and will be happy to talk or meet for lunch.

I am going to do the Camino starting SJPP in October 2013 is anyone heading there from the area or can anyone give me advice for going this time of the year? I am planning on at least 6-8 weeks. I hope I am able to walk it at a steady pace. I am a slow walker... Would love to hear from someone that has walked it and or will be.
Thanks

Rachelle2013 said:
I am going to do the Camino starting SJPP in October 2013 is anyone heading there from the area or can anyone give me advice for going this time of the year? I am planning on at least 6-8 weeks. I hope I am able to walk it at a steady pace. I am a slow walker... Would love to hear from someone that has walked it and or will be.
Thanks

Hello Rachelle2013,

Welcome to the Forum!

You will find much helpful information here as you plan your Camino. Past pilgrims who are Forum members are always eager to share their experiences and tips.

October is a wonderful month to walk the Camino. Days are usually golden, except in Galicia!. Nevertheless you must be prepared for varied weather. Nights can be chilly or cold and freezing rain or even snow MIGHT occur.

Not all albergues will be open since many close for the season starting mid October. Hospitaleros usually know who is open on the next stage. Most albergues will either be heated or have blankets, but not all.

Since the weather can be so unpredictable many of us who walk during autumn/winter find lightweight layers the way to go. Be sure to check out the Equipment topic on the Forum to see a multitude of clothing combinations used by other pilgrims. Since all my caminos have been in autumn and winter perhaps you would find my blog Camino Gazetteer at http://mermore.blogspot.com/ useful for your planning. This coordinates all postings by 75 locations where I halted and includes a Kit list and much more.

Whatever you do decide to take be sure to train wearing/carrying it well before you start out. Once on the camino walk slowly for at least the first week. Daily distances cited in the guidebooks are not sacred; do not attempt 40 km the first day! Easy does it. Be a snail; slow but, determined. Each day is a juggle of topography and the weather plus your health and pack weight as well as personal strength and ability to endure. Nevertheless it is always an extraordinary experience !

Happy training and Buen Camino!

Margaret Meredith
PS. Perhaps our paths may cross; I hope to walk again later this autumn.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Tampa Bay and Florida pilgrims--
there will be a camino get together on Sunday, October 27th at 1 pm in Sarasota.
There will be many who have done the camino in the past and many who are planning it for the future.
the location is:
Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club. 7650 Legacy Boulevard, Lakewood Ranch, Florida 34202
We will have food available, and we would love to have anyone join us.
Please message me, for more questions.

Hi Tampa Bay and Florida pilgrims--
there will be a camino get together on Sunday, October 27th at 1 pm in Sarasota.

Please message me, for more questions.
Put me down as a probable. Thanks for the invite. I look forward to meeting everybody

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
When you enter the event in Events, you can set it up for RSVPs and have a record of those attending.

Thanks Falcon, I've just set it up.. I think it looks ok, please feel free to make any corrections, or let me know if you see anything I have left out.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back