• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tango Video Call

miamijhp

Time of past OR future Camino
2011 Francés
Hi.
Does anybody used the application"Tango Video Call" to make "Free Video Calls" using the WI-fi in Europe on your smart phones. (check it on Google)
It works perfectly here in USA.
I would like to try it with somebody in any other part of the world.
If anybody wants to try it send me a message and we exchange phone numbers.

Buen Camino
Jorge

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Re: "TANGO VIDEO CALL"

Hello:
I am happy to report that this application works. I just finished talking with Jose Madrid, he is in England and we can see each other. The most important part is that your phone do not need to be connected to a line, this means that any phone capable of receiving wi fi can be used (once you place each other as a contact).
Hope this information help the peregrines to keep in contact with their families at a "zero cost."

Buen camino

Jorge

both these threads sound a heck of a lot like spam... there are already plenty of free chat apps that are well known and people are already signed up for. not sure why you'd need to do a special one only for the camino...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

vagabondette, probably you have more experience with this type of communication. For an old timer like me, it works perfectly.

Who said is only for the camino.

I was giving the application, just for information.
I use it in USA in my mobile phone for VERY LONG TIME (to see my grand children and friends out of Miami). I only needed to know if the same application works outside of USA. Now I know it works.
By the way I just finished talking with somebody in Italy.

Buen camino

Jorge

Thank you Jorge, I downloaded the app after reading your post and added all my family as well. No spam intended. :D :D

Hi Jorge,

I am a user of Tango because this old chap is still using a non-Apple device:
Cumulative iOS device sales reached 410 million at the end of March -- 45 million during fiscal third quarter

Most of my family and friends who own iOS devices use Facetime which is an extremely fast inbuilt video call facility which enables users of iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad communicate with each other only. Facetime will not connect with PC's, Android or other computers except for Apple products. (Typical bolting of the doors by Apple)

Skype was my main pre-Facetime means of video calls, it is now superceded by Tango as I found that most of my friends use this free apps due to its simplicity and clarity, it works better than Viber, Skype and other video call apps on slow internet connections. Easy to download and has a small footprint. Tango is not intrusive. More important, I wanted to video call the increasing amount of iOS users in my circle.

Video calling requires both callers to log on to the same software, and be connected during the time of the call on the internet. There is no geographical limitation so you can call any of your Tango friends and family anywhere in the world as long as they are connected to the internet and they open the program.

Thank you Jorge for giving me the opportunity to post my experience on Tango, it is a universal tool which will work quite well on the Camino.

Grandpa Joe

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back