A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

TAP Airlines from US east coast

Camino Badges

MBenny

Camino(s) past & future
CF April-June 2018
CP from Porto April 2020
I am looking to book flights for spring and have found TAP have great fares and the only nonstops from Boston to Lisbon. I see that the baggage limits may be an issue but I hope to carryon our backpacks. Does anyone have experience with them?

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
I am looking to book flights for spring and have found TAP have great fares and the only nonstops from Boston to Lisbon. I see that the baggage limits may be an issue but I hope to carryon our backpacks. Does anyone have experience with them?
I just flew home on a Lisbon - San Francisco flight with TAP. One checked bag was included in my fare, and I carried on my backpack. The flight was on time and smooth, the flight attendants were very pleasant. I have no complaints with this airline.

Camino(s) past & future
Lourdes/Burgos/SdeC 77; Frances 12,15,17; Finisterre 17; Lourdes/Aragones18; Logrono-Leon 19.
Flew TAP, r/t, Boston to Lisbon, in 2018. Did not carry on backpack - my ticket included one checked bag. Very satisfied overall. Would certainly fly TAP again if the price was right.... Transferred in Lisbon for flight to Toulouse France (to begin my 2018 walk at Lourdes). Making that connection was pretty tight. Transport by bus from remote touch-down location to Lisbon terminal surprized me, and clearing customs and etc. went very slowly! Be warned!

Last edited:

Leigh Macklin

Camino(s) past & future
Frances {2016}, Portugese {2017}
I flew with them 2 years ago and had a great experience. Direct from Toronto to Lisbon (score!), friendly service, great price, checked my poles & knife... and my 30L backpack came on the plane with me.

Manhk

Camino(s) past & future
May 2018
In April we flew TAP from Boston to Malaga with two 30 liters backpack , no problem at all. The seats were comfortable, plenty of leg room and good service, all at a very reasonable price. On their short hops within Europe , they use a smaller plane, so it’s a bit tighter. They still provide great service with a snack & drink even for a 45 minutes flight from Lisbon to Porto.

samoht.w

Camino(s) past & future
2013 SJPP to Santiago in September
2014 Camino Aragon
GR65.3.3 2015, 16, 17
Camino del Norte 2018
I have flown with TAP 5 round trips to Spain from BeanTown and number 6 is scheduled this September. used carryon every time except this upcoming trip. Good service and good prices.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%