• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

TAP flight out of SdC cancelled. Alternatives?

Paintboy2

Time of past OR future Camino
Out of an abundance of optimism, and a need to use flight vouchers by a date certain, my next Camino (CP from Lisbon) is scheduled to END on 7 AUG. TAP has canceled my reservation and so I'm wondering about ground transportation options. Is there a train that goes that way? Is it even running now? Thanks for the help. I hope they let us in the country.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Out of an abundance of optimism, and a need to use flight vouchers by a date certain, my next Camino (CP from Lisbon) is scheduled to END on 7 AUG. TAP has canceled my reservation and so I'm wondering about ground transportation options. Is there a train that goes that way? Is it even running now? Thanks for the help. I hope they let us in the country.
I am not clear on your details--are you saying your Camino Portugues ends on 7 August in Santiago and you had a reservation to fly from Santiago that date (to a destination unknown to us)? That TAP cancelled the flight scheduled for 7 August, and you seek alternate transport to this unknown destination?
Perhaps you are returning to Lisbon? Check Flixbus.
And since TAP cancelled your flight, they should extend your vouchers' expiration dates.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello,
It is possible that your flight from day eg Saturday is cancelled, but now they eg flying on a Monday. I had with Ryan Air flight in Europe.
Just cancelled and voucher...
Check your date and next flight out to be certain...
Good luck - Bom Caminho 🍀👌

Hey!

Envy from Norway.

Check out the express train around 5 in the morning to Madrid.....for me it’s cheap and fast....numbers of flight out of Madrid is of course huge compared to SdC or Porto....

In case this is of help....

Ultreia🙏🏼

It has been very complicated recently, as itineraries that were set to begin again from SCQ have now been delayed, sometimes indefinitely. Was your TAP flight going to be SCQ - LIS? Unfortunately that itinerary never got a chance to begin, even though it had been announced a while back. The news is here https://www.lavozdegalicia.es/notic...s-exteriores-amsterdam/0003_202105S3C3991.htm .

It looks like SCQ - LIS will only get started October 31!

As far as ground transportation goes, you can catch a train to Vigo, and then once you change train stations you can catch another train to Porto. From there it would be easier to get to Lisbon. You could also see if TAP is running their usual flight from La Coruña (LCG) to Lisbon. If so, perhaps TAP would let you use your voucher from LCG instead of from SCQ?

Hope things work out.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back