• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tape for toes - bought in Spain, think it begins with L

Undermanager

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Madrid (x2)
VDLP
Salvador
Primitivo
Finisterra / Muxia
Lana
I can't find the name of the really handy tape I bought for wrapping around my toes at the start of the day to help stop blisters. I bought it in pharmacies in Spain, I think it began with L and is was cheap!

Your starter for ten .....

Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I can't find the name of the really handy tape I bought for wrapping around my toes at the start of the day to help stop blisters. I bought it in pharmacies in Spain, I think it began with L and is was cheap!

Thanks
Leukotape?
You should also try Omnifix. I liked it better than the Leukotape.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It's Leukoplast or Leukotape.
You also have Leukosan but those adhesive strips are for wound closures.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hey All,
I've used both duct tape and moleskin on hotspots (not had blisters...yet) and had success with both of those and they are already part of my first aid kit. Is it really worth the extra cost to purchase these other great recommendations?
I was all set to order ENGO heel pads as they were highly recommended by a forum member, just to carry for the "what if" as I'll be wearing different shoes. They are very expensive and several reviewers said the adhesive did not stick well and they curled up, so I will not be purchasing them.

Hey All,
I've used both duct tape and moleskin on hotspots (not had blisters...yet) and had success with both of those and they are already part of my first aid kit. Is it really worth the extra cost to purchase these other great recommendations?
I was all set to order ENGO heel pads as they were highly recommended by a forum member, just to carry for the "what if" as I'll be wearing different shoes. They are very expensive and several reviewers said the adhesive did not stick well and they curled up, so I will not be purchasing them.
My friend successfully used Engo patches in her shoes last year. I think that it's important to carefully follow the instructions on how to use them. Here's podiatrist Rebecca Rushton's YouTube video on applying Engo patches.

Ah yes, Leukotape. That was it. It was a tool that I used to prevent blisters between by smaller toes. Will look into Omnifix.

I did a bit of walking (and lots of sweating in Cambodia) and developed some pretty horrible blisters and dry areas between my smaller toes but bought some magic stuff that cleared it up within 48 hours. I found out later it was essentially iodine in a gel, so have two tubes of that now. :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
For hot spots I used these reusable gel pads by Farmalastic (https://goo.gl/images/t7iD16) - just fabulous. I could reuse one for about a week before it needed replacing. Put them on in the morning then off in the evening when I took boots off. Not available in Australia but readily available in Dpanish farmacias. Can’t recommend highly enough.

For hot spots I used these reusable gel pads by Farmalastic (https://goo.gl/images/t7iD16) - just fabulous. I could reuse one for about a week before it needed replacing. Put them on in the morning then off in the evening when I took boots off. Not available in Australia but readily available in Dpanish farmacias. Can’t recommend highly enough.
Looked it up at https://www.farmaciaabella.es/farmalastic-protector-anti-fricción-talón-juanete-talla-única_pr61252

Translation of text:

The anti-friction protector (heel-bunion), is made with a self-adhesive gel of 1mm thickness that reduces friction on the skin, protects it and relieves pain caused by non-opened blisters. Soft to the touch and very adaptable, it can be repositioned and detached without pain even when the area has hair.

Protects the epidermis, prevents the formation of blisters, irritations and abrasions caused by rubbing, especially in heel and bunion.

It is especially recommended the use of these protectors in diabetic people.

Always apply on clean and dry skin. Carefully remove the protector from the container. Apply to the area you want to protect and press to ensure optimal adhesion.

When finished its use, put it in the container envelope inside its metallic cover. Save until your next use.

An average of 5 times can be used.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Thanks
Leila

LeukoSilk! My wife (right side) used it from Day 1 and it prevented blisters in all the bad spots. I unfortunately started with moleskin, then on to Compeed. Both did not adhere well to my sweaty feet. I suffered massive foot blisters. Next year, it will be Leuko right from SJPP.

2016-05-26 06.31.24.jpg

A selection of Camino Jewellery
LeukoSilk! Both did not adhere well to my sweaty feet. I suffered massive foot blisters. Next year, it will be Leuko right from SJPP.

Remember to not only consider tape, but also inserts, socks, footwear, foot preparation before and during your camino as well as changing socks and airing those tortured feet during cafe con leche breaks. I also believe that pack weight and the use of walking poles, as well as walking pace, especially downhill can contribute to blister formation as well.

All of these things are part of the anti-blister equation.

Thanks
I love to bring a few Compeed in different sizes. Buy more on the way. Wear several days, even thru showers. NOT the Band Aid brand licensed from Compeed. Same material but sized differently/poorly.

For those having a problem with the applied tape or patch or etc. peeling away during walking, an application to the skin of tincture of Benzoin where the adhesive will be, will increase the holding power of the adhesive.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.