• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

tattoos

biloute

Time of past OR future Camino
Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (summer 2014), Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (possible summer 2019)
What tattoos to you have, or have you seen, regarding the Camino in some manner? Post pics if you have them, just for a fun look (or maybe someone will get inspired).

Please, no comments on whether a person should get a tattoo. This is not a debate, just a show-and-tell.

I got this one today after finishing my Camino last week (two months of walking). The cross is represented, though the tattoo has more to do with WHY I walked. Plus, I already had the stars and moon before, just had it touched up, and they lended themselves well to the new reason for the design.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407959557.715662.jpg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Although I have no tattoos, both my son and daughter have several. I've only considered a tattoo once; a small one of the Santiago dagger. Then again, maybe not. I would caution that there are many tattoo artists that are suspect as to sanitary conditions and equipment. Thoroughly vet any shop before you get stuck with more than you expected.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Good advice for checking out the shop. My sister's had several done at the one I went to this time and everything was very clean, so I'm not worried. Also, check out the quality of the work they do.

Falcon, I was reading that one earlier. It's actually why I decided to start a new thread because the ones I was reading seemed to have a lot of comments by people who thought tattoos were unwise to say the least. I'd like to see only what others have had done instead.

Falcon, I was reading that one earlier. It's actually why I decided to start a new thread because the ones I was reading seemed to have a lot of comments by people who thought tattoos were unwise to say the least. I'd like to see only what others have had done instead.
Good luck controlling the direction of a thread!! Most past attempts have been abject failures.;)

Good luck controlling the direction of a thread!! Most past attempts have been abject failures.;)

I guess I'm just hoping people will actually read and be respectful. I know that's an awful awful lot, but we are all adults here. Hopefully.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Lot of young people bought tattoos vin Santiago. Was not impressed with most--usually Skull and something else. Still thinking of opening up a shop to specialize in tattoos for the Blind.

I saw a really good one last year. A Santiago cross on the chest of a young Aussie. He had it done in Bankok when he was drunk. The workmanship was phenomenal.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Got this little one in Santiago ...totally spontaneous as I am 53 and didn't have any before. I will say I was sitting with my son as he had one done. I am happy I did it, just not completely used to it yet and it takes me by surprise each time I see it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
I've got a Celtic circle on my shoulder blade. It was quite painful!
My daughter had a Japanese character tattooed, without knowing what it meant - dangerous!!
The scallop shell sounds a good idea.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.