• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Taxi Camino - Tui to Santiago

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (Feb 2018)
My wife and I are planning this trip in late April but she has problems with her knees and will likely need a taxi to complete each stage.

Getting Compostelas is not that important to either of us but doing as much walking as we are able, experiencing the local history/culture/food, and attending evening mass at each place we stay are the priorities. We will use a daily baggage transfer service.

Does anyone have any insight into how difficult (or easy) it may be for us to get daily taxis on the Portugues Central Route??

Thank you in advance.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
experiencing the local history/culture/food
No problem getting taxis, your accommodation will be able to call one for you every day. All the cafes and restaurants can help too.

But if you really want to experience the local culture I suggest that your wife get the bus each day. Much more fun! Again, your accommodation will know the schedules and where the nearest bus stop is.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Merely hoping that you will have a wonderful journey. That route is so beautiful...
You might not seek compostelas, but when you arrive in Padron, you can ask for the Padronia certificate as a memento of your having been to the site where the remains of the saint were found...
It does not require any particular distance walked, and they are generous about how many churches to visit when the weather is foul or there is a mobility concern.
Peace be with both of you on the journey. Buen Camino.

Just wanted to say we are in similar circumstances. We've adapted to doing last part of Camino Frances--I will be walking, and he will walk a bit with his shredded knee (not operable) plus a couple of hours of required work (telehealth) a day, and getting a lift between lodgings for most of it. He still wants to come, so we are adapting the best we can. I'll go back and do other stretches as time permits, mostly after we retire. Buen Camino to you both!

Due to an injury my wife was unable to walk the last 150km of the Camino Portugues. We had no problems taking taxis to our pre-booked accommodation each day right through to Santiago.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
For those with experience, please could you give a guide price for taxis between daily stages on this Camino. I just want to have an idea as a back-up in case ill health prevents walking. Thanks so much.

I don't mean every stage! I just mean an average day route of about 20 km.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back