• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Taxi cost

Jon100

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles
How much would a taxi cost from La Caruna airport to Ferrol at around 11 pm on a Tuesday night?
Thanks
Jon

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The conventional wisdom is that a taxi ride is about 1 euro per kilometer. However, I'm not sure if there might be a surcharge for a long one-way trip (the old town of Ferrol is about 50 km from LCG).

I have contacted a local taxi company there in the past to ask a question about booking a taxi, and their website indicates they have taxi drivers who speak English. They take take credit cards and even have an app. You could send them an email to inquire:
http://radiotaxicoruna.es/es/faqtotal/puedo-pedir-un-conductor-que-domine-idiomas-extranjeros
(open the site using Google Chrome for an automatic translation)

I hope this is helpful! Buen camino to you!

The A Coruna airport website publishes local taxi rates but calculating a fare is not very straightforward. A web taxi booking service called suntransfers.com offers a quote of 76 euro.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you all for your info .I will look at some local taxi web sites for prices .
Thanks
jon

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
FWIW...I took a taxi from A Coruna bus station to Ferrol in September (buses were sold out and it was a Sunday with a limited schedule) and it cost 70 Euro. I kindly refer to that as my personal idiot tax for not purchasing a bus ticket ahead of time. Hope that helps!

FWIW...I took a taxi from A Coruna bus station to Ferrol in September (buses were sold out and it was a Sunday with a limited schedule) and it cost 70 Euro. I kindly refer to that as my personal idiot tax for not purchasing a bus ticket ahead of time. Hope that helps!

Roahne Thank you for your reply . That does seem a lot to pay ,i will have to try and book a bus if not
then it will be digging deep into my pocket for taxi money.
thank you.

FYI - The train and bus stations in Coruna and Ferrol are located very near each other, there is daily train service too in addition to the bus. Check out on www.rome2rio.com.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Roahne Thank you for your reply . That does seem a lot to pay ,i will have to try and book a bus if not
then it will be digging deep into my pocket for taxi money.
thank you.

There are 6 trains from 9 am to 9 pm , costing 7 euros roughly , that will arrive by 10pm at night , an hours journey.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back