• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Taxi from Madrid Airport T1 to MADRID ESTACION SUR

Marek62

Time of past OR future Camino
last year and this year
Good Morning,

I will start my Camino on July 1st .

My plane will arrive 0:05 AM (5 minutes after midnight) and
I need to get Madrid Terminal T1 to MADRID ESTACION SUR to take a bus at 1:30 AM to Leon.

Could you recommend me any taxi company?

I found on Internet that taxi should charge fix rate 30 Euro but I am not sure it is correct.

Thank you for your help,

Marek

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Imwould assume that as is the case with just about any taxi service in the "Western world", that special licenses are attributed to,those working out of the airport and you just get on the one next line. It's a flat fee of 30€ so no scamming there.

But why not take the metro? From T1 on Linea 8 and then switch to Linea 6 at Nuevos Ministerios to get off at Mendez Alvaro station, which is where Estacion Sur bus station is?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Anyone know the schedule of Avanza buses to Salamanca from T4 Madrid ? Tried online,didn't work...

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've only done this journey in the opposite direction and I bought the ticket the day before at the bus station in Salamanca. It's a bit strange that there are no buses in the morning, but that was what the website said. Actually I distrust all Spanish bus and coach company websites, even ALSA!

Unless your flight lands very late I would just wing it. The journey is only an hour or two, so if a bus is full, just wait for the next one. If you are very concerned about the bus being full, go over to the other bus station in Terminal 1, where each bus starts 15 minutes earlier.

Last edited:
Aena Madrid
http://www.aena.es/en/madrid-barajas-airport/index.html

See Aena pages about Taxi. It says flat rate for destinations inside M-30 ( a highway that goes around center Madrid) are 30 Euro. Estacion Sur is inside this zone.

You are very tight for time. I'd suggest you have a plan B.

Thank you for your response. A lot of Taxi companies on Internet charge 35 Euro for travel from Airport Terminal 1 to MADRID ESTACION SUR

I bought Bus ticket from MADRID ESTACION SUR to Leon paying 68 Euro for group of 4.
Ticket from Madrid Airport T4 to Leon cost 139 Euro.
Do you know how if I can use my ticket from Madrid airport T4 paying extra 70 Euro?

Thank you for your help.

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back