• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

taxi from Roncesvalles to SJPP

marianne22_9

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are going from Barcelona to Roncesvalles by train and bus but I understand that we'll have to take a taxi to St. Jean PP where we intend starting our camino. Does anyone have information on taxi services for this trip?

Good luck to all those starting this weekend.

marianne

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Often when you arrive at Roncesvalles are taxis preparations to take to pilgrims to Sjpp.-

Depend if there are many pilgrims
Suerte.-

You could get the Express Bourricot taxi service to take you to St Jean from Pamplona.
Caroline collects pilgrims from the bus station at least twice a day and the cost depends on how many people are in the mini-bus.
http://www.expressbourricot.com/en/serv ... ation.html

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you all for the information. I have tried contacting Express Bourricot on several occasions but they either don't reply or I can't send off the filled in form so I thought that maybe they don't operate the taxi service anymore. I think we'll just have to find a taxi when we are there, hopefully we'll be able to share one.

marianne

Express Bourricot is still in operation, I contacted them last week to arrange transport from Pamplona to St Jean. I contacted them via their website and they got back to me the next day. They are a great bargain, I got transport from Pamplona to St Jean for 24 Euros a person. I was just looking at their website and they have a lot of last minute availability for April, that brings the price down even more! What day are you traveling?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We're hoping to travel on 18th May. I tried again to contact Express Bourricot via their website on Easter Sunday - its now Wednesday and I haven't heard anything. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but I got an instant message thanking me for the email and nothing else. I think we'll just have to wait until we arrive in roncesvalles and arrange a taxi from there.

marianne

Just a thought, and maybe you've already done this, check is your Spam folder, for some reason the emails I was getting from the hostal in St Jean was going into mine. Like you I had emailed them and heard nothing back but one day I thought to check there and my confirmations were there. My emails from EB didn't go there but maybe your computer sees the address from them as unusual.

I took your advice and checked my spam folder and was surprised at how many emails were there but there was nothing from Express Bourricot. I'll keep trying though as I'd like to have a taxi booked before arriving there.

Thanks for your help

marianne

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Anyone traveling around April 4, 2011 Pamplona-Roncesvalle to SJPP? I have sent an email to the transport company for a quote but obviously cheaper if sharing expenses of a taxi.

I'll be travelling from Madrid 4 April 1045 bus to Pamplona, arriving 1515.I looked at the ALSA website, however I don't seem able to find connections Pamplona to Roncesvalle. I would think their are possible buses. Can someone enlighten me?

Also seems you can bus/train Madrid to San Sebastion, taxi or walk to Hendaye and then onward. Is this too complicated? Thanks for your time and any assistance!!!
Susan

Hi Marianne, Caroline is defintely still operating. I have had several email exchanges with her over the past month re a booking in May. Following are contact details from her last email received 11 March. All the best, David

apcaroline@hotmail.com
caroline aphessetche
Express Bourricot
Transport de bagages et personnes
31 rue de la citadelle
64220 Saint jean Pied de port
tél/fax bureau : (+33) (0)5.59.37.36.28
Portable: (+33) (0)6.61.96.04.76
http://www.expressbourricot.com

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Last october I went from Pamplona by bus to San Sebastian at 9.45 in the morning, changed to a train to Irun / Hendaye and was in Bayonne around 12. Do not think the bus was the Alsa, found the scedule at the underground bus station in Pamplona and there were several buses. Did not cost much,if you need to spend a day to this it will be cheaper than taking a taxi to St. Jean. I was going to Bordeaux, but you will have time enough to reach the afternoon train to St. Jean and time to have a look at Bayonne across the river from the station. The train from Bayonne to St. Jean follows the river Nive for some time. I think it is a nice strech, takes an hour or two.
There is also a renfetrain from Pamplona to Irun at 11.17, cost twice of the bus, 22 euros.
Randi

Thanks Ranther and all
Your info was very helpful..this forum is so so responsive. Off to the airport for a quick trip to Peru and then will finalize planning.
Have a nice day!
Susan

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello everyone

My wife and I will be leaving Malta on the 23rd May and aim to reach Refuge Orisson on the same day. We'll be catching a Vueling plane :arrow: Barcelona, a Renfe train :arrow: Pamplona, and Express Bourricot taxi from Pamplona :arrow: Saint Jean Pied de Port. If everything goes as planned we should be commencing our camino after registering our first Sello there. Meanwhile, should there be anyone who is going Eastwards, anywhere from Pamplona :arrow: SJPdP on that day, and would like to join the taxi ride, then please inform Caroline (apcaroline@hotmail.com) of Express Bourricot to register a booking for you too :)
:arrow:
Ultreya
Labas78

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back