• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Taxi from Santiago to Labacolla Airport early morning

david malta

Time of past OR future Camino
Leon Santiago March 2015
Pamplona Santiago March 2016
I have a flight from Labacolla Airport at 06:55. Last year I have used the Airport Bus provided by Empresa Freire, however, I cannot use this service for the coming year as the first bus leaves Santiago at 06:20 and arrives at 06:45. Therefore, a taxi it must be. I intend staying at an albergue near Praza de Cervantes and believe that having a taxi at 05:00 will be enough to make it in time. My Spanish is very limited.

Question: What are my options for a taxi at 05:00 from SDC to Labacolla Airport?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have a flight from Labacolla Airport at 06:55. Last year I have used the Airport Bus provided by Empresa Freire, however, I cannot use this service for the coming year as the first bus leaves Santiago at 06:20 and arrives at 06:45. Therefore, a taxi it must be. I intend staying at an albergue near Praza de Cervantes and believe that having a taxi at 05:00 will be enough to make it in time. My Spanish is very limited.

Question: What are my options for a taxi at 05:00 from SDC to Labacolla Airport?
Arrange the night before with your hotel desk for a taxi. It will cost about 20E flat rate. Airline counters do not open two hours early in Santiago, if you plan on meeting that unenforced security arrangement. The workers will show up after 5:55 for your flight, but the restaurant may open a bit earlier.

Hi David, as Falcon already stated it cost you €20,= .
Wish you well , Peter.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I've gotten taxis at all sorts of odd hours at the taxi parking place on the Travesia das Duas Portas at the corner with Rua de San Francisco, about halfway down the side of the parador building. This is very close to San Martin Pinario, where many forum members stay -- just turn right when you leave the building and walk down along that squiggly little street and you'll be there in a second.

Just wondering if Uber is going to make an appearance in Santiago. When some new service arrives in my little town in the middle of the cornfields, as Uber has, I know it is likely that it will soon be everywhere.

Buen camino, Laurie

And a p.s. Though I've never done it, I know pilgrims who have slept in Santiago's airport -- here's one report that makes it sound pretty do-able. http://www.sleepinginairports.net/europe/santiagodecompostela.htm

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There is also a taxi stand in the Plaza de Galicia, adjacent to where the airport bus stops. I do not know the hours, but if you are in Santiago for a day or two, it is closer to your albergue than Laurie's good suggestion.

I hope this helps.

Another possibility is to sleep the last night in the albergue in Monte de Gozo. Manolo is pretty relaxed about having pilgrims stay there before their travel home. That may reduce your taxi costs or you could even walk from there to the airport. Buen Camino, SY

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Arrange the night before with your hotel desk for a taxi. It will cost about 20E flat rate. Airline counters do not open two hours early in Santiago, if you plan on meeting that unenforced security arrangement. The workers will show up after 5:55 for your flight, but the restaurant may open a bit earlier.
I rather thought it had gone up to €21?

I have arranged for a taxi from my hotel in Santiago several times, arranging it from the front desk the night before. 5:30 is plenty early to leave; as mentioned above, the airport is open but workers don't arrive until almost 6:00. Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Wish to thank you all for your kind replies my Camino friends

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
No luggage,just backpack. early morning from behind San Martin.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back