• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Taxi from Santiago to Triacastela East of Sarria?

Chris Echterling

Time of past OR future Camino
March 2017
I will be finishing, God willing, the last 200 miles of the Camino this April. My son will be joining me for the last week of the Camino.

He will be flying into Santiago on Friday April 15th and will need to meet me at Triacastela that night. I know there is a daily bus that leaves Sanitago and heads West at 11:00 AM but he will not arrive in time to catch that. He was thinking he could hire a car/take a taxi to Triacastela. We just wanted to determine how much that would be or if he should wait for the bus the next day and meet me in Sarria instead. Would you have any recommendation for a company we could call to price/reserve the driver option?

Thank you so much

PEACE to you this week. - Chris

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I will be finishing, God willing, the last 200 miles of the Camino this April. My son will be joining me for the last week of the Camino.

He will be flying into Santiago on Friday April 15th and will need to meet me at Triacastela that night. I know there is a daily bus that leaves Sanitago and heads West at 11:00 AM but he will not arrive in time to catch that. He was thinking he could hire a car/take a taxi to Triacastela. We just wanted to determine how much that would be or if he should wait for the bus the next day and meet me in Sarria instead. Would you have any recommendation for a company we could call to price/reserve the driver option?

Thank you so much

PEACE to you this week. - Chris
Chris,
This this earlier thread may be of help re your taxi search. Triacastela is roughly 150 km east of SdC.
Good luck and Buen camino to both of you.

Taxis aren't even on Rome2Rio's radar, but I suspect a 2 hour drive to Triacastela and the 2 hours return to SdC could be very expensive. Renting a car is not an option because there are no rental agencies in small towns. I would take the bus the next day and stay the night in Santiago. One other option would be Blablacar but I would suspect your route is not a very popular for ride sharing.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Your son could catch the bus to Triacastela but get off in Sarria. He could then either wait there for you to arrive or if he is keen then he could walk the Camino backwards until he meets you and then turn around and walk with you back to Sarria.

If he is going to walk backwards then stay in touch using SMS TXTS so that you don't miss each other.

@Chris Echterling other combinations are also possible. For example, if you want to walk via Samos (highly recommended by some) and have a leisurely morning and explore the sights at Samos then your son can catch the same bus and get of at Samos at around 1pm, meet you there and walk with you to Sarria in the afternoon.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back