• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Taxi hours in Santiago?

kmk1986

Time of past OR future Camino
First of all, please correct me if this is wrong forum section for this topic. I think i've seen a different forum section, but I can't find it.

I have a flight back to home at 9am. In case I miss a bus or something happens, I plan to take a bus to the airport. Do taxis in Santiago operate around 6am?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi, kmk,
There is a taxi stand right around the corner from the parador (which is in the main Obradoiro square, next to the Cathedal). For a taxi at odd hours, there are what they call in Spain "radio taxi", which you can call for service. The meter starts running when the cab leaves to pick you up, so it's a little more expensive, but there should be no problem getting a cab at any time of day or night in Santiago.

Buen camino, Laurie

Save the money and take a taxi to the bus station if need be. :D

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yes, they operate that early.
I caught my last taxi from the Monastery across the street from the Cathedral.
It was $20 to the airport from the Cathedral.
That was October 7.

Yes, taxies run all night in Santiago. You could either go to a taxi stop or have someone call and reserve one for you. To the airport there is a fixed price from anywhere in old town, €20,- I think it is (like Annie says).

Saludos,
Ivar

The bus service is very reliable and efficient-you won't need a tqaxi unless you oversleep! The bus leaves from Doutor Teixeiro, 26 downtown, a convenient location, passes through the bus station, much less convenient, and on to the airport. First bus leaves Doutor Teixero at 06:10 arrives airport 06:35. Cost is 3-4 Euro can't remember.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
9th November 2012 bus station to airport with empresa freire was 3€

scruffy1 said:
The bus service is very reliable and efficient-you won't need a tqaxi unless you oversleep! The bus leaves from Doutor Teixeiro, 26 downtown, a convenient location, passes through the bus station, much less convenient, and on to the airport. First bus leaves Doutor Teixero at 06:10 arrives airport 06:35. Cost is 3-4 Euro can't remember.

PLEASE NOTE - this bus stop no longer exists. Buses to the airport in Santiago leave from:

The Plaza Galica (outside the Banco Santander) every 30 mins starting at 6am

Rua de Rosa - every 30 mins starting at 6.05 am

The Train Station - every 30 mins starting at 6.10am

The Bus Station - every 30 mins starting at 6.20am

Airport Bus stop in San Lazaro - every 30 ins starting at 6.25am

The Palacio de Congresos - every 30 mins starting at 6.27am

I have always found this bus service very reliable. However there is a taxi rank adjacent to the bus stop in the Plaza Galicia and also at the Bus Station. Taxis to and from the airport (I got one yesterday) cast 20€ at the moment.

Buen Camino

John

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.