• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

taxi in Carrion de los Condes.

Little TT

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances May22 and September 22
Hello everyone,
My husband and I will be walking our first Camino starting from SJPDP on May 4th. We have booked private rooms and reckon that we should be able to get to Carrion de los Condes before we need to stop and get back home. ( family commitments) . We intend to come back and complete it in September this year or failing that May 2023. We finish walking on Saturday 21st May and fly home from Bilbao on Monday 23rd May which leaves us the Sunday to travel to Bilbao. I can not find any bus on the Sunday to take us from Carrion de los Condes to Burgos and then onwards to Bilbao, so i have thought that when we arrive at CdlC we could taxi back to Fromista , stay overnight and then get the first train to Valladolid and then train to Bilbao to stay overnight and fly home Monday. Does this seem ok? anyone know of a better way of doing it? and is it likely to be easy enough to get a taxi from CdlC to fromista.
Sorry for the rambling post, im sure i could have simplified the question but it will have to do.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I’m in Carrion right now. You’re right about the bus situation. None at the weekend.

The taxi situation’s variable. A bar on the main road advertises a taxi, of which I enquired for tomorrow (Saturday) to be told it’s not available and mine host tried a friend of his who also taxis but will not work weekends. I’m carrying a bit of a knee problem and dropping 10-15k of tomorrow would have been welcome.

Have a look at what there is in Fromista? If you get a taxi it’ll have to go both ways.

IMHO you would be better walking to a main hub. Burgos is the biggest place prior to here. If you’re going to pick up where you left off, it might as well be from a city.

Since there's a train from FrĂłmista maybe you'd be better off stopping there than CarriĂłn? And it might be easier to get to when you return to finish the Camino.

You could always spend an extra day in Bilbao - plenty to do there.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I’m in Carrion right now. You’re right about the bus situation. None at the weekend.

The taxi situation’s variable. A bar on the main road advertises a taxi, of which I enquired for tomorrow (Saturday) to be told it’s not available and mine host tried a friend of his who also taxis but will not work weekends. I’m carrying a bit of a knee problem and dropping 10-15k of tomorrow would have been welcome.

Have a look at what there is in Fromista? If you get a taxi it’ll have to go both ways.

IMHO you would be better walking to a main hub. Burgos is the biggest place prior to here. If you’re going to pick up where you left off, it might as well be from a city.
Thankyou so much for your very prompt answer. The fact that you are in Carrion right now and have enquired about taxis has proved very helpful. I don’t think we can risk one not being available.
We did consider stopping our walk at Burgos but I think it would give us to much to do when we return, we aim to get as near to half way as we can . Thanks again you have helped enormously.

Hi,
Looks like the bus that serves Carrion is Autocares Estebanez Aja to Palancia. You san see their bus schedule on this page. No weekend service until July. You may have to go to Palancia and then Bilbao. Limited service and Alsa bus to Burgos only goes M, Tues, Wed, Thurs.

Fromista has a combination of train and bus service to Bilbao it looks like. Also might be easier to get back to Fromista on your return?

Since there's a train from FrĂłmista maybe you'd be better off stopping there than CarriĂłn? And it might be easier to get to when you return to finish the Camino.

You could always spend an extra day in Bilbao - plenty to do there.
Thanks for your suggestion, I really don’t know why I didn’t decide to do that in the first place, it makes total sense. I think I got so caught up in getting halfway that I forgot to use my common sense. I’m sure we would enjoy the extra time in Bilbao it looks great. Thankyou.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi,
Looks like the bus that serves Carrion is Autocares Estebanez Aja to Palancia. You san see their bus schedule on this page. No weekend service until July. You may have to go to Palancia and then Bilbao. Limited service and Alsa bus to Burgos only goes M, Tues, Wed, Thurs.

Fromista has a combination of train and bus service to Bilbao it looks like. Also might be easier to get back to Fromista on your return?
Thankyou for your help. We think we will just aim for Fromista now, as you say it should be easier to get back there in ( hopefully ) September.

Hello everyone,
My husband and I will be walking our first Camino starting from SJPDP on May 4th. We have booked private rooms and reckon that we should be able to get to Carrion de los Condes before we need to stop and get back home. ( family commitments) . We intend to come back and complete it in September this year or failing that May 2023. We finish walking on Saturday 21st May and fly home from Bilbao on Monday 23rd May which leaves us the Sunday to travel to Bilbao. I can not find any bus on the Sunday to take us from Carrion de los Condes to Burgos and then onwards to Bilbao, so i have thought that when we arrive at CdlC we could taxi back to Fromista , stay overnight and then get the first train to Valladolid and then train to Bilbao to stay overnight and fly home Monday. Does this seem ok? anyone know of a better way of doing it? and is it likely to be easy enough to get a taxi from CdlC to fromista.
Sorry for the rambling post, im sure i could have simplified the question but it will have to do.

OK, further and better particulars:

You could try Mariano Garrido on 620 399 040; or better still stay an the Hostal Santiago and they’ll make contact for you. The taxista (who I’m pretty sure was Manuelo) turns up late, but compensates by a total disregard for the national speed limit.

I arrived in Carrion yesterday but had to get a taxi for the last 7km from Villalcazar because of leg injury. It was very easy to organise and only cost 8 euros. These are Carrion taxi #s recommended by hotel: Mariano - 659 602 144 or 662 557 568; Jesus 639 886 824. I had to take one just now to next stage as still cannnot walk properly. Very professional, cost 30 euros to Calzadilla de la Cueza. I suggest calling them or if you don't know Spanish ask hotel or someone to help. Don't know about buses.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I arrived in Carrion yesterday but had to get a taxi for the last 7km from Villalcazar because of leg injury. It was very easy to organise and only cost 8 euros. These are Carrion taxi #s recommended by hotel: Mariano - 659 602 144 or 662 557 568; Jesus 639 886 824. I had to take one just now to next stage as still cannnot walk properly. Very professional, cost 30 euros to Calzadilla de la Cueza. I suggest calling them or if you don't know Spanish ask hotel or someone to help. Don't know about buses.
Thank you Alex for your helpful reply, I shall take note of those numbers. I think we shall probably just stop walking at Fromista though and then take a train or two to Bilbao.

Hello everyone,
Call CaminoFacil in order to book a private taxi. They are extremely reliable. You can find them online.

Call CaminoFacil in order to book a private taxi. They are extremely reliable. You can find them online.
I actually found them on line today and have booked a private taxi with them . I’m really pleased that we can now walk for 1 further day and still get back for our train. Thanks or your reply.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back