• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Taxi share 2nd September from Biarritz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciaran3434

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago (sept 2017)
Hi,

I'll be starting my first Camino (solo) in September. I'll be arriving into Biarritz at 15:00 on the 2nd of September. Would anyone like to share a Taxi or rent a couch to SJPP ?

Thanks,
Ciaran

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Ciaran,
I arrive two days before you and am using a shared taxi service from Biarritz to SJPP called Express Bourricot. (www.expressbourricot.com). They meet planes from Biarritz Airport and the transfer to SJPP takes about 90 minutes. You can reserve a place online...you don't need to provide credit card details....they will have your name on a board in the Arrivals hall and you pay in cash once you arrive in SJPP. Cost depends on number sharing and they will advise you the price in advance by email. This will be my 7th Camino and I've always found them efficient and reliable and for €19 it's good value.

Buen Camino,

Gerard.

Hi Ciaran,
I arrive two days before you and am using a shared taxi service from Biarritz to SJPP called Express Bourricot. (www.expressbourricot.com). They meet planes from Biarritz Airport and the transfer to SJPP takes about 90 minutes. You can reserve a place online...you don't need to provide credit card details....they will have your name on a board in the Arrivals hall and you pay in cash once you arrive in SJPP. Cost depends on number sharing and they will advise you the price in advance by email. This will be my 7th Camino and I've always found them efficient and reliable and for €19 it's good value.

Buen Camino,

Gerard.
Hi Gerard,

I hadn't heard of them before, I'll get in contact with them now!

Thanks,
Ciaran

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi,

I'll be starting my first Camino (solo) in September. I'll be arriving into Biarritz at 15:00 on the 2nd of September. Would anyone like to share a Taxi or rent a couch to SJPP ?

Thanks,
Ciaran

Welcome Ciaran,

A possible, "Spirit of the Camino," moment. Arriving at Biarritz, walk out the airport door where the taxi stand is and yell out, "St. Jean de Pied de Port?" You will likely have a driver or two vie for your attention. At that point, look away from the driver and yell again, "Et tous?" See what the Camino provides, For me, we had a full taxi and an hour later, was walking into the old city with three new friends, at a quarter of the full fare.

If there happens to be a small bus, check the fare and seeif it is less than 25 euros.

Thanks Everyone, got sorted out with Express Bourricot for 19 Euro .
Really looking forward to it now !

Hi,

Thanks,
Ciaran
Hiya Ciaran I am also arriving into Biarritz from Dublin at 14.50 . On the 2nd my friend Seamus and I would gladly share a taxi with you , please let us know . If you have my already got sorta. Yours fellow walker, Daniel

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hiya Ciaran I am also arriving into Biarritz from Dublin at 14.50 . On the 2nd my friend Seamus and I would gladly share a taxi with you , please let us know . If you have my already got sorta. Yours fellow walker, Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for getting in touch. I booked with Express Bourricot through their website, as they had enough people it only cost 19 euro, which you pay them on the day. Should take an hour to get to SJPP.
Are you heading for Roncivalles or Orasson on the 3rd?

Ciaran

Hi
I am arriving at Biarritz airport on sept 7th at 1705. Is anyone else on this flight that would like to share a taxi to SJPP? I have been quoted 120 euro from the airport to SJPP. I currently have a hotel booking in Bayonne for the night but would prefer to head straight to SJPP if I can share the taxi
Thanks Tricia

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi
I am arriving at Biarritz airport on sept 7th at 1705. Is anyone else on this flight that would like to share a taxi to SJPP? I have been quoted 120 euro from the airport to SJPP. I currently have a hotel booking in Bayonne for the night but would prefer to head straight to SJPP if I can share the taxi
Thanks Tricia
Hi Tricia. I hope you find a taxi share. I am following you and walking every step with you.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back