Taxi share from Santiago de Compostela to O Cebreiro?

2018 edition Camino Guides

bighe

Camino(s) past & future
Hi fellow pilgrims! We are planning to start our walk from O Cebreiro, flying in to Santiago de Compostela either on 02/08/2018 or 03/08/2018. We are considering getting a taxi from Santiago de Compostela to O Cebreiro either on 02/08/2018 or 03/08/2018 (at the moment, we are flexible) - this is quite expensive (we are two people) but manageable if split between more. The estimated cost we have been given is €160 - is anyone else planning on travelling the same way who would like to share a taxi on or around those dates?

Last edited:

Advertisment

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Yes please!
I will be going in March, but I love walking the hill up to O Cebreiro so I am getting an ALSA bus to Villafranca (Bierzo) and then a taxi to Ruitelan/Herrerias and walking up - about 8 km, but steep in parts and beautiful. (And about €100 cheaper) Just in case that would be a viable option.

dgallen

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (5), Portuguese, Norte, Primitivo(2), Aragones, Finisterre/Muxia (3), Camino del Rey
There are 3 or 4 Alsa buses per day from Santiago that stop by Pedrafita do Cebreiro (town at the base of Cebreiro). You can either walk up the mountain to Cebrerio (around 4km), or get a taxi for around 8 euro. I think that there was a signposted # for the taxi at the bus stop there.

bighe

Camino(s) past & future
There are 3 or 4 Alsa buses per day from Santiago that stop by Pedrafita do Cebreiro (town at the base of Cebreiro). You can either walk up the mountain to Cebrerio (around 4km), or get a taxi for around 8 euro. I think that there was a signposted # for the taxi at the bus stop there.
Our problem is that those buses seem to either run too early for us to make it in time given we're also flying in that day, or too late for us to find somewhere to sleep that night and start walking the next day! Good to know the cost of the taxi once we make it to Pedrafita do Cebreiro though - thanks!

bighe

Camino(s) past & future
I will be going in March, but I love walking the hill up to O Cebreiro so I am getting an ALSA bus to Villafranca (Bierzo) and then a taxi to Ruitelan/Herrerias and walking up - about 8 km, but steep in parts and beautiful. (And about €100 cheaper) Just in case that would be a viable option.
We'll have a look - thanks! We're not opposed to walking up but our problem is finding buses that run at times which match up with our flight and aren't way too early or way too late!

Advertisment

Peter Fransiscus

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Hi fellow pilgrims! We are planning to start our walk from O Cebreiro, flying in to Santiago de Compostela either on 02/08/2018 or 03/08/2018. We are considering getting a taxi from Santiago de Compostela to O Cebreiro either on 02/08/2018 or 03/08/2018 (at the moment, we are flexible) - this is quite expensive (we are two people) but manageable if split between more. The estimated cost we have been given is €160 - is anyone else planning on travelling the same way who would like to share a taxi on or around those dates?
Hi , you can check the following website,

www.Rome2rio.com

Wish you well,Peter.

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Yes please!
Yes the bus stops at Piedrafita and Ambasmestas, which is the closest if you want to walk up the traditional way (I think, could be wrong, never been to Piedrafita), but I chose to go to Villafranca because it is lovely and I want to have lunch in the lovely square before I start walking.