A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Taxi Share Taxi Share Oct 11 Santiago to LCG Coruña airport

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

DrVJMJ

Camino(s) past & future
October (2017)
After reaching Santiago what's the best way to get to the LCG airport in La Coruña? Taxi? Share? Anyone interested in sharing a taxi October 11 in the morning from Santiago to LCG airport?

Juspassinthrough

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, May-June (2017)
Ingles, June (2019
Leon-Sarria, June (2019)
Le Puy-Santiago (2023)
You can take a train through A Coruña direction Ferrol to O Burgo-Santiago and then it’s approximately 5-7€ from that station to LCG. Not all trains to Ferrol stop at this station but it may be a cheaper option. Check Renfe.

DrVJMJ

Camino(s) past & future
October (2017)
You can take a train through A Coruña direction Ferrol to O Burgo-Santiago and then it’s approximately 5-7€ from that station to LCG. Not all trains to Ferrol stop at this station but it may be a cheaper option. Check Renfe.
Thanks! Looks like a great solution... Assuming the hourly trains run on time I can easily make it for a 1:30pm flight back to Lisbon. From O Burgo to LCG must be a short cab ride?

Juspassinthrough

Camino(s) past & future
Ingles, June (2019
Leon-Sarria, June (2019)
Le Puy-Santiago (2023)
Thanks! Looks like a great solution... Assuming the hourly trains run on time I can easily make it for a 1:30pm flight back to Lisbon. From O Burgo to LCG must be a short cab ride?
Very short, 5-7 minutes and LCG is a breeze. There’s a bar next to the station, I’m sure they will call you a Taxi. I hope it all works out, just keep in mind that all trains do not stop at O Burgo-Santiago.

DrVJMJ

Camino(s) past & future
October (2017)
Very short, 5-7 minutes and LCG is a breeze. There’s a bar next to the station, I’m sure they will call you a Taxi. I hope it all works out, just keep in mind that all trains do not stop at O Burgo-Santiago.
I was looking on Google Maps and I don't actually see a station by the name O Burgo Coruña. It only shows the station right in downtown Coruña. Am I missing something? It shows that station downtown is only about 11 km from the airport, but I'm wondering if one is to get off the train before downtown?

UPDATE:
SORRY, I LOOKED MORE CAREFULLY AND NOW HAVE FOUND BURGO DE SANTIAGO WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM THE MAIN TRAIN STATION IN LA CORUÑA. IT IS PLAINLY MUCH CLOSER TO THE AIRPORT THAN DOWNTOWN STATION. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP, I WILL MAKE SURE THE TRAIN I TAKE FROM SANTIAGO DOES STOP.

Last edited:

Juspassinthrough

Camino(s) past & future
Ingles, June (2019
Leon-Sarria, June (2019)
Le Puy-Santiago (2023)
I was looking on Google Maps and I don't actually see a station by the name O Burgo Coruña. It only shows the station right in downtown Coruña. Am I missing something? It shows that station downtown is only about 11 km from the airport, but I'm wondering if one is to get off the train before downtown?
O Burgo - Santiago

E5401B16-53AC-4748-9508-14E709C2962D.png

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%