• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Taxi Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael & Cathy

Hi , My wife and i will be starting our Camino on 11th July flying out from Dublin to Biarritz.
We will arrive at 1300hrs local time, If anyone is interested in a Taxi share please contact us.
Michael&Cathy.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi , My wife and i will be starting our Camino on 11th July flying out from Dublin to Biarritz.
We will arrive at 1300hrs local time, If anyone is interested in a Taxi share please contact us.
Michael&Cathy.

This link may be of interest to you - http://www.expressbourricot.com/en.html. I think it's basically a mini-bus service, with the total cost of the vehicle to St Jean starting at €72, with that split between however many people book it from that flight. I'll be arriving in Biarritz on July 2, I've booked the service and last I heard 2 other people had booked, so the cost was down to €24 per person.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Mark, Thanks for the link i will check it out, I was wondering have you ever taken the train to sjdp or know how much it would cost just in case the taxi idea does'nt work out. this is our first Camino and we appreciate the advice.
Michael&Cathy

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I walked the Frances in 2012, and was supposed to fly into Biarritz, but I ended up missing my flight and so had to, ah, 'improvise' to get to St Jean! That meant flying to Bilbao, getting a bus to San Sebastian, staying there overnight, getting a bus to Bayonne the next morning, and then a train from there to St Jean, arriving at around lunchtime... about 22 hours later than originally intended!

So, I didn't get the train from Biarritz, although I think the Bayonne train is on the same line. I don''t recall the exact cost, but I think it was reasonable, somewhere in the €10 region. I'm not sure of the timetables, but you might find yourselves waiting for a while if you opt for the train. I looked at that possibility for myself, but decided to make the Bourricot booking. Depending upon how many end up in the mini-bus, it may cost more than the train, but even if it does, it'll get me to St Jean sooner, and that feels like it's worth a few quid to me. That's partly because I feel like I missed out on the St Jean experience in 2012 (I began walking within an hour of arriving on the day), so I want to make the most of my time there this time around!

Hi Mark, thanks for the feed back, your last camino sounds very adventurous, how long are you going for this time, you never know we might just bump into each other at some stage, we are taking 5 weeks although after reading some of the posts it might take us longer lol :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I had a great time in 2012, mild stress in the early going notwithstanding!

The plan this year is to go all the way again, from St Jean to Santiago, on to the coast (Finisterre and Muxia) and, in a perfect world, to walk back to Santiago from there. I don't expect to have enough days for that last bit, though. I have just about five weeks on the button at my disposal, and while I learned first time out that I enjoy pushing myself physically (that came as a surprise to me!), I have no intention of rushing or chasing the clock. That would completely miss the point of the Camino. It took me 33 days to reach Santiago in 2012, and, all things being equal, I expect to probably cover the ground at a slightly faster pace this time out, but I certainly won't be looking to 'beat my time'.

And yeah, who knows, I may well see you out there. Feel free to continue the conversation here or send me a private message if you have any questions. I'll hopefully be able to offer some vaguely informed opinions!

Hi Mark, We have the same attitude as you, We are not going to worry about miles and time, We don't want to leave the rat race here only to start it on the Camino. We would love to do it all but that isn't whats important to us, I think some people can get everything from walking 1 mile where some people can get nothing from walking 500 miles. P.S Do you know how long the flight is from Dublin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back