• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

taxi / transfer from Santiago to Sarria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nauzanplage

Hi
A group of six of us are planning a mini-camino in september.

Ryanair have a flight which arrives in Santiago at 9.30 on Wednesdays and another which departs late on Sunday night. We should be able to cover about 125 - 150 kms from Wednesday to Sunday.

Does anyone know of a transfer or taxi firm which will take us from the airport to Sarria or slightly beyond?

There will be six of us sharing the cost so we could budget upto about 150/200 euros.

thanks for any help

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In December 2010 I took the bus to Lugo from outside Santiago airport and then a connecting bus from Lugo to Sarria. Unless you are in a desperate hurry and intend to walk from Sarria as soon as you get there, why take a taxi? Even by atking the bus you would arrive with enough time to do some walking on the same day. It would be a lot cheaper.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thanks for the info on the taxi.

I have looked at the bus to Lugo, but we just miss the 9.25. The next is at 11.10 which arrives at 13.00. We would then have to connect to Sarria. If it was just myself it looks like a good option.

As there are six of us the taxi fare is not too bad, plus we should be able to get in five or six hours walking.

We used Euro Taxi Luis, 608-581-206, xacotrans@gmail.com. Luis, a very nice man with a new, clean van, charged us 90€ for the trip. He was waiting for us at the airport in Santiago and we arrived in Sarria around 12:40. We contacted him by email. He does not have a lot of English but works at communicating. We figured we spent slightly more than we would have on the bus but it was no hassle, quick and easy.

We got our passports stamped at the Town Hall, walked across the street and had lunch and started walking. We walked until about 6:00 and it was getting dark (that was in March before the time changed). Buen Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back