Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Taxi transfer to Ponferrada

Past OR future Camino
About to start the first leg to Pamplona, doing it in instalments over a decade.
We need to get a taxi from Santiago airport to Ponferrada to pick up where we left off on the Camino. We have seen a link to Suntransfers.com - has anyone used them and got a view about them?

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.
Past OR future Camino
About to start the first leg to Pamplona, doing it in instalments over a decade.
Past OR future Camino
Personally I think I'd find accommodation near Santiago's new Bus/Rail hub and take the 08:34 train the following day, or the 08:00 bus.

Suntransfers is a booking agent not a transport provider. They'lll just book you into a local provider. A "Godgle" search will show a 10% dissatisfaction rate. If you're determined to get to Ponferrada on the same day I'd suggest contacting one of the local service providers direct. You might make a local taxi-driver very happy...

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Guy Strachan

Alba Guido
Past OR future Camino
Frances ('13/'14), Portugues ('15), Finisterre ('16/'19); Ingles ('17); Sanabres ('18); Invierno '20
We need to get a taxi from Santiago airport to Ponferrada to pick up where we left off on the Camino. We have seen a link to Suntransfers.com - has anyone used them and got a view about them?
Hi - I’ve used Taxi Travel SCQ 2-3 times (to Sarria; Ferrol & Ourense) and can highly recommend in terms of service, local knowledge & price.

Run by fluent English speaker, Jose Manuel Caneda Mareque His website address is:-
www.taxitravelSCQ.com

Michaelrb8

Past OR future Camino
CF May/June (2015)
STJPdP to Pamplona in September (2015)
Inglese in June (2017)
What time do you arrive? My son and I are arriving in Santiago too late for the train. We have booked bus via OMIO for £28 each to ponferrada in October leaving 14.15. We get into Ponferrada about18.00hrs but I think there was a later bus even.

Past OR future Camino
What time do you arrive? My son and I are arriving in Santiago too late for the train. We have booked bus via OMIO for £28 each to ponferrada in October leaving 14.15. We get into Ponferrada about18.00hrs but I think there was a later bus even.
Thanks, Will check. We land about 4pm.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances