• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Taxi

JillB

Time of past OR future Camino
Somport to Obanos
Hi is it possible to use local taxis to transfer baggage on the route from Somport to Obanos? Travelling late September or early October 22
Many thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
While taxis exist along part of this route, they are few and far between outside of Jaca. IF you could find them in the various very small villages on the Camino Aragones, the cost would likely be prohibitive. Baggage trabsport has existed on parts of that route in the past, but you’d have to see if it’s being offered this year, especially that late in the season.

Here’s a photo of the luggage transport service that operated on the Camino Aragon in 2019 (pre-Covid). Email to see if they are still operating and what the updated charge is.

Attachments

• 5E1B2DAE-A832-4894-94C7-34A8D7FC03A1.jpeg
    5E1B2DAE-A832-4894-94C7-34A8D7FC03A1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Also check El Camino de Santiago Con Correos. Correos is the Spanish postal system. They also operate a well regarded pack transport service which included the Aragones. The website has an english translation. The Aragones is included as part of the Frances.

Pacmochila on the Frances and Aragones is available until November 1. After that date it will be from only Sarria to Santiago.
If you read the correos website carefully you will see that Somport is listed as a starting point with the Frances. There is also a map with the Aragones included.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sparrow: I do not see anything you are referencing on the Correos site I am accessing:

The site I access does not show the villages on the Aragon route (Somport, Canfranc, Jaca, etc) nor does the narrative list it as an option. On which site do you see your information?

Hi I can see the somport route in the small print. Thank you Sparrow this is fantastic advice really appreciate it. What a wonderful group!

Hi I can see the somport route in the small print. Thank you Sparrow this is fantastic advice really appreciate it. What a wonderful group!
Jill, I have walked this route in 2018 with another woman who used Correos for her pack transport. I walked it again just last year, and love the route. This appears to me that you will have to specially request pack transport for this route. Please let me know how things work out! Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back