• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Taxis from the Cathedral in Santiago to the airport late in the day

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2017)
Camino Portugues (2022)
How difficult is it to get a taxi, mid week, from the Cathedral in Santiago to (or near) the airport? I'm actually staying 12K from the Cathedral with a very early flight in the morning. I'm not excited about the prospects of adding another 12k to my 26k day into Santiago. Thanks!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
How difficult is it to get a taxi, mid week, from the Cathedral in Santiago to (or near) the airport? I'm actually staying 12K from the Cathedral with a very early flight in the morning. I'm not excited about the prospects of adding another 12k to my 26k day into Santiago. Thanks!
There should be no problem at all.

I do try to stick with the questions asked and refrain from unsolicited advice. Maybe you have a good reason for doing this, but I’m wondering why you would want to taxi out to a hotel near the airport (in Lavacolla I assume) the night before and then have to get from the hotel to the airport the next day. That will require another cab or maybe there is a hotel with an airport shuttle. Santiago is a much nicer place to have dinner and a walk, IMHO.

Taxis from Santiago to the airport can be booked the night before, and I have frequently gotten cabs to get me there for a 6 am flight.

Again, this is just offered in the FWIW category of unsolicited advice!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I do try to stick with the questions asked and refrain from unsolicited advice. Maybe you have a good reason for doing this, but I’m wondering why you would want to taxi out to a hotel near the airport (in Lavacolla I assume) the night before and then have to get from the hotel to the airport the next day. That will require another cab or maybe there is a hotel with an airport shuttle. Santiago is a much nicer place to have dinner and a walk, IMHO.

Taxis from Santiago to the airport can be booked the night before, and I have frequently gotten cabs to get me there for a 6 am flight.

Again, this is just offered in the FWIW category of unsolicited advice!
Thanks.

Can you arrange in advance the night before. @ivar posted a few months ago that there is a taxi shortage in Santiago. I don't know if that is still the case.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
https://www.facebook.com/taxivintecatro.santiago Jose is my go to taxi

Can you arrange in advance the night before. @ivar posted a few months ago that there is a taxi shortage in Santiago. I don't know if that is still the case.
I think, but am not sure, that the shortage was in connection with some big rock concert that had just overwhelmed Santiago for a few days. But as I say, I am not sure.

Hoping there are forum members who have been in Santiago recently who can comment.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
There are several posts about booking a taxi the night before which is useful for an early morning taxi ride to the airport, but IMO completely unnecessary for @EdN's original question of how hard it will be to get a taxi from the Cathedral, a site with many tourists, where presumably many taxis drop off and pick up customers all day and into the night.

No problems with taxis right now. Any hotel you are staying in can book you one with no problem. I’m at a hotel in Santiago right now. I’m taking the 0640 flight to Madrid tomorrow morning. My hotel has arranged for a taxi to pick me up at 0500.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back