A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Techie forum use question

Camino(s) past & future
May 2015
Is there a way to 'tag' or 'mark' a specific post within a thread that you want to reference later for future?

I read scores of posts and hop all over the place gathering information, and then the next day when the brain finally filters everything from the day before it asks "where did I see that bit of really important info? why didn't I write it down rather than remember where I saw and read it?"

Many thanks !

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
May 2015
Hi Falcon,

I have done that, but the length of some of these threads are as long as my arm and I was hoping for a way to mark something without re-reading all the posts to find out where it was.

Or maybe I should just be proactive and copy/paste the 'ah-ha' moment into a word document for later ?

mspath

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
You could click on the number of the post shown on the first blue tab below it. This opens up a Permalink unique for each post. Copy the Permalink into your browser and in turn copy it onto a 'blank sheet' for example a new Compose page in Gmail. Keep collecting several links on one Compose page, give the page a name and save it as a draft in Gmail for your future reference.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2014)
I have copied/pasted my "ah-ha" finds in a Word document and it has become a great source to help plan "my" Camino. I've now gone as far as creating hyperlinks within the document back to a table of content on the cover page so I can jump around the document quickly to find the right spot to post new ideas/content. Divided into: equipment, travel, useful tips/miscellaneous, planning, music/books/movies. Good luck!

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
May 2015
Thanks Ladies ! ~ I've got an excel file going divided into different tabs of pretty much the same categories you have. Music is one I haven't thought of because I've pretty much decided to leave my ipod at home so that I can listen to the sounds of the Camino. I've been playing around with hyperlinking and have finally figured it out *whew- that was a tough learn for some reason o_O

RDL - have you walked your 2014 Camino or is it still to come ?

Carol06

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (May 2012)
Frances (May 2015) all going well and with my husband this time.
I also copied and pasted into a word document. This was mostly route information and accommodation recommendations. I sit down every month or so and transpose this information into my guide book.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.4%
  • June